Connect with us

Entertainment

Blood found inside home of Savannah Guthrie’s mother, Nancy Guthrie, source says

Published

on

Blood found inside home of Savannah Guthrie’s mother, Nancy Guthrie, source says


A little bit of blood was found inside the Arizona home of “Today” show co-host Savannah Guthrie’s mother, Nancy Guthrie, whose disappearance is being investigated as a crime, a law enforcement source familiar with the case told CBS News.

It is unclear whose blood it is, but it is being tested. Investigators and analysts combed through Guthrie’s Tucson, Arizona, home in search of clues to the 84-year-old’s disappearance. During a news conference Tuesday, Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos said the house was turned back over to the family Monday.

When asked about the blood, Nanos said evidence collected from the home was still being processed and that none of it pointed toward a suspect so far.

“I’m not saying there’s blood inside that house or outside that house,” Nanos told reporters. He said he couldn’t provide details about what was collected from the home.

Investigators believe Guthrie was abducted from her home in the middle of the night over the weekend, Nanos told CBS News. Nanos told reporters Tuesday the search was ongoing.

“We don’t know where she is,” the sheriff said.

Nanos said it wasn’t clear how many people took Guthrie. “It could be one, it could’ve been more, I don’t know,” he said.

Asked if the perpetrators may have taken a security camera from the front of the home, he said investigators were looking into that.

Nanos was asked if a ransom demand had been made for Guthrie. “We’re following all leads,” the sheriff said. He also said, “That’s all I can tell you. We’ve got hundreds of leads.”

Nanos said investigators hadn’t determined whether Guthrie was targeted or if the abduction was random. “We’re going to assume both sides of that,” he said.

Jon Edwards, the assistant special agent in charge of the FBI’s office in Tucson, said the bureau was working with the sheriff’s department and providing support, including obtaining information from cell towers. He renewed a call for people to contact authorities if they saw anything in Guthrie’s Catalina Foothills neighborhood Saturday night or Sunday morning.

“We are looking at this from every angle, but we need your help,” Edwards said. 

The sheriff has dismissed the possibility that Guthrie, who lives alone, may have wandered away from her home because he said she doesn’t have any cognitive issues and her mobility is limited.

Authorities have been searching for Guthrie since Sunday. She was last seen at her home Saturday night, but no one knew she was missing until she didn’t show up for church the next morning, Nanos said.

Guthrie takes daily medication, adding additional urgency to the search. Asked if investigators were looking for someone who was still alive, Nanos said, “We hope we are.”

Savannah Guthrie asked people on social media Monday to pray for her mother.

“Thank you for lifting your prayers with ours for our beloved mom, our dearest Nancy, a woman of deep conviction, a good and faithful servant,” she said on Instagram. “Raise your prayers with us and believe with us that she will be lifted by them in this very moment. we need you.”

Savannah Guthrie and mother Nancy Guthrie on the “Today” show June 15, 2023.

Nathan Congleton/NBC via Getty Images


An official told CBS News that 88-Crime, an Arizona-based, non-profit program that works with law enforcement to help solve crimes, is offering a reward of up to $2,500 for “information leading to the arrest of the person or persons involved in the disappearance.”

Nancy Guthrie’s family has asked residents near her home to review their security footage from over the weekend, especially between the hours of 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. on Sunday. When CBS News asked Nanos about the time frame, he said the department is starting with a narrow window and will expand outward.

“Keep looking. You never know what you’ll see,” Nanos told CBS News. “Maybe it’s just a pair of headlights. But if you see something that just doesn’t seem right in that neighborhood, please let us know. We can come and download all your digital evidence and take a look at it ourselves.”





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Patti LaBelle on being called a legend: “I have earned it”

Published

on

Patti LaBelle on being called a legend: “I have earned it”


Patti LaBelle has been singing for six decades, earning hit records, Grammys and the nickname the “Godmother of Soul.” As she celebrates her 82nd birthday on Sunday, she said she’s “having fun living it down.” 

“At 82, I am really living it down, not up. But having fun living it down. I play cards. We have card games on Saturday nights,” LaBelle said. “How easy is it to play cards and take other folks’ money? That’s what I do, and I love it.”

Just like her high notes, she has staying power. LaBelle is still professionally singing, something she said she has to do.

“Singing is my life,” she said, adding that her voice is “big. It’s loud. It’s soft. It can rap. It can do opera, on a good day.” 

LaBelle spent her childhood in Philadelphia, a place she still calls home. Back then, she was a shy girl named Patsy Holt.

“My mother had to pay me to go outside. I was very, very, very shy. I would sing in my bedroom with the broom as a microphone. So I knew I had a voice and my mother and father loved my voice,” LaBelle said. 

At age 10, she joined a church choir where a duet unlocked the magic of performing. She said she still remembers getting the chills the moment when everyone stood up and said, “Hallelujah.”

As a teen, she started singing with a group. A record label executive suggested she change her name to LaBelle, which means beautiful, but with that advice came a nasty assessment. He called her “quite ugly.” 

“It gave me hurt, just total, total hurt, because I knew how much he loved my voice. And I knew, no matter what anyone said about me, I am who I am, I’m not gonna change. The only thing that changed was my nose. I had a huge nose, so I had it done,” she said. “And that’s all I’ve ever had done. My nose, because it was not pleasing to me.” 

When Patti LaBelle and the Blue Belles became simply Labelle, they changed their style to what the singer described as “outrageous crazy outfits.” They turned “Lady Marmalade,” a song about a Creole prostitute, into a classic hit.

“We were singing about the revolution and sexual things before any Black girl or White girl group sang,” LaBelle said. 

“When we sang [Lady Marmalade], we didn’t know what ‘voulez-vous coucher avec moi’ meant. It means, ‘Will you sleep with me tonight?’ So we got a lotta flak from the nuns and different people. And I was saying, at that time, ‘Well, a hooker has to make money too,'” she laughed. 

The group split in 1977 but stayed friends. LaBelle said she was petrified when she stepped out as a solo artist for the first time. Getting therapy “helped a whole lot,” she said. 

“I learned that I’m never gonna stop singing. And if it’s with a group or alone, that’s what I’m gonna do for the rest of my life,” LaBelle said. 

LaBelle’s other talent is cooking. She’s written several bestselling cookbooks and has her own line of food and houseware products, Patti’s Good Life. Her hometown is filled with fans, and even visiting a Philadelphia ShopRite to hand out pancake mix caused quite a stir.   

LaBelle isn’t planning to give up singing anytime soon. 

“It’s never my last show. I’ll be singing until I can’t no more,” she said. 

And on her 82nd birthday, maybe the real gift is that LaBelle knows exactly who she is — a mother, grandmother, and yes, a legend.

“I love it. I should be called, ‘Legend, legend, legend, legend.’ Yes. I love it,” she laughed. “I have earned it. Yes, I have.”

WEB EXCLUSIVE: Watch an extended interview with Patti LaBelle (Video)



Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Christopher Nolan’s ‘The Odyssey’ trailer sparks major backlash online

Published

on

Christopher Nolan’s ‘The Odyssey’ trailer sparks major backlash online


The first trailer for The Odyssey has sparked major discussion online, with the reaction becoming far more intense than many fans expected.

Director Christopher Nolan is known for highly praised films, so excitement around The Odyssey was already huge before the teaser arrived.

However, soon after the trailer was released, it became one of the most disliked videos connected to Nolan on YouTube.

A large part of the backlash came from online rumours about Elliot Page possibly appearing in the movie.

Fans began sharing theories that Page could be playing Achilles after noticing certain moments in the trailer and discussing possible casting clues online.

Although nothing has been officially confirmed, the rumours quickly led to heated arguments across social media.

The trailer also faced criticism from some viewers who felt Nolan’s version of the classic Greek story looked too modern.

Others compared it to fantasy blockbusters that have already been released in recent years.

At the same time, many fans defended the teaser and praised its cinematography, scale and cast.

The movie stars Matt Damon as Odysseus alongside Tom Holland, Zendaya, Anne Hathaway and Robert Pattinson.

Even with the backlash, the controversy has only made more people curious about the film before its July 2026 release.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

5/24: Sunday Morning

Published

on

5/24: Sunday Morning



Hosted by Lee Cowan. Featured: Concours d’LeMons, Iranian propaganda, Patti LaBelle.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending