Entertainment
Taylor Swift’s next plans revealed as ‘Showgirl’ era nears end
Taylor Swift is rumoured to be planning her Debut (Taylor’s Version) re-release for the 20th anniversary of the album, and Swifties are alerted to note any and all Easter Eggs coming their way.
The 36-year-old pop superstar is allegedly planning for an album rollout to star this summer – the summer which is already important for the Grammy winner’s personal life as she will be getting married to her fiance Travis Kelce.
The Opalite hitmaker previously informed fans that she was done working on the re-recorded album, but did not announce a release date.
However, now insiders confirm that the album is coming out sooner than later.
A fan account shared, “There was a fourth single planned, according to my sources, but it may be canceled to celebrate Taylor’s 20th Anniversary and focus success on the revenge of her underrated Debut TV.“
The news excited Swifties beyond measure who exclaimed in the comments, “I speak for everyone when I say we’re gagging for mother.”
And asked, “will it be an october release,” while others gushed, “omg yayy,” and “queen!!”
Entertainment
Lena Dunham reveals rare detail about first interaction with Luis Felber
Lena Dunham is best known for her famous show, Girls, but that was not how her now-husband Luis Felber knew her as, when he first approached her.
The 40-year-old multihyphenated star gave a glimpse into her early relationship with the musician, 39, at a Famesick book tour event with former costar Rita Wilson.
Dunham recalled, “The thing that was so amazing about meeting him, he’d never seen Girls,” sharing that Felber had texted her on Instagram, asking, “Do you think, do you think you could bear to eat dinner with this person?”
The Too Much writer revealed that her husband had assumed she was a curve model and “I went, ‘That is the loveliest thing I’ve ever heard,’ ” she told Wilson.
Wilson jokingly added that it could be the truth, urging Dunham to call the famous plus-sized model Ashley Graham, to which she replied, “Well, I’m going to call her after this and see what she thinks I’ve got to do.”
Shedding light on Felber’s early approach to Dunham, she added that he “didn’t seem to come with a lot of preconceived ideas about who I was. He was present and interested but not too interested.”
Dunham then went on to call her husband “really amazing.”
The couple first met in 2021 after being set up for a blind date, and soon moved in together, going on to marry the same year in September.
Entertainment
China rescuers search for missing after mine blast kills 82
- Authorities launch investigation into deadly incident.
- Miners working at shaft accuse employer of lack of care.
- China orders “tough crackdowns” on unlawful activities.
Rescuers in northern China on Sunday searched for two people still missing after a gas explosion killed 82 in a mine that authorities said was beset by serious safety violations.
The blast at the Liushenyu shaft in Shanxi province on Friday was the country’s worst mining disaster in nearly two decades, with 247 workers underground at the time, authorities said.
AFP journalists saw relatives anxiously waiting by a checkpoint blocking the road leading to the mine on Sunday, hoping for news of their loved ones.
One man, smoking nervously on a curb, told AFP calls to his brother — a father of three — “wouldn’t go through” since the blast.
He said he had “no idea how the accident actually happened” and that their parents were still unaware their older son was missing.
“I don’t dare tell them,” he said, asking not to be named.
Authorities launched an investigation into the blast, saying preliminary findings showed the Tongzhou Group operating the mine had committed “serious illegal violations”.
“Those found responsible will be severely punished in accordance with laws and regulations,” officials told a news conference broadcast on state-run CCTV.
More than half of the workers in the shaft on Friday had gone down without being properly registered, state media said, citing a personnel board at the site.
The miners are normally required to undergo facial recognition checks or take location-tracking cards before their descent.
‘Every possible effort’
A person “responsible for” the company had been “placed under control in accordance with the law”, Xinhua news agency reported earlier.
Miners working at the Liushenyu shaft accused their employer of a lack of care, telling AFP they had to buy their safety helmets with their own money.
“From what I’ve seen, the management (at this company) is the worst,” said 58-year-old miner from Shandong, who has worked in several coal mines over the last three decades.
Wishing to remain anonymous for fear of repercussions, they told AFP they had been working a morning shift on Friday and were not in the mine during the gas explosion.
“If we had been (working) a few hours later, it would have been us,” the 58-year-old said.
AFP has contacted Tongzhou Group for comment.
The State Council, China’s cabinet, ordered nationwide “tough crackdowns on illegal and unlawful activities”, including the falsification of safety data, unclear headcounts of underground workers and illegal contracting.
Rescue efforts
Hundreds of rescuers rushed to the site after the explosion, with medical teams taking 128 people to hospital as of Saturday evening, loaded into ambulances and carried on stretchers.
Helmeted rescuers took turns descending into the shaft overnight to look for the two missing workers, sending down a robot to probe the mine conditions, state media reported.
“As long as there is hope, we will make every possible effort,” one rescuer told Xinhua.
The blast is the worst since 2009 when 108 people were killed in a mine explosion in northeastern Heilongjiang province.
Injured survivor Wang Yong told CCTV “I didn’t hear any sound at all, but then a cloud of smoke appeared”.
“It (had) the smell of sulphur like when people set off firecrackers. When the smoke came down, I shouted for people to run.”
He recalled seeing people choked by the smoke before he fainted.
“After more than an hour, I came to on my own, and then I woke up the person next to me” and got out, he told CCTV.
Foreign leaders extended condolences to the victims and their families, with Japanese Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi saying she was “praying for the rescue of as many people as possible”.
India’s Narendra Modi expressed hope that “the bereaved families find strength in this tragic hour”.
Shanxi, one of China’s poorer provinces, is the centre of the country’s coal-mining industry.
Mine safety in China has improved in recent decades, but accidents still occur in an industry where safety protocols are often lax and regulations vague.
In 2023, a collapse at an open-pit coal mine in the northern Inner Mongolia region killed 53 people.
China is the world’s top consumer of coal and the largest greenhouse gas emitter, despite installing renewable energy capacity at record speed.
Entertainment
What ‘excites’ Sarah Ferguson? Palace insider spills awful details
Sarah Ferguson yet again came to limelight to seemingly spoil her daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie’s new chapter of life following months of scandals.
From her connections with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein to royal downfall, the public has witnessed it all.
The author, Andrew Lownie, who unveiled the dark secrets of York, is here with shocking details about Sarah’s preferences for her romantic partner since day one.
The updated version of his book, Entitled: The Rise and Fall of the House of York, Mr Lownie quoted a Palace source that revealed the “bad boy” excites Fergie.
“A Palace source emphasised that Sarah always gravitated to being with the bad boy: ‘Look at her long history; every man she dated or associated with had a controversial past – they all have sleazy and chequered pasts,'” it has been revealed.
An insider further shared, “‘It excites Fergie; it’s what drives her. She likes to live on the edge. She can’t settle down with a good man. It would bore her to tears.”
-
Entertainment1 week agoWhere Pete Davidson, Elsie Hewitt stand after breakup: Details revealed
-
Politics1 week agoRising diesel costs from Iran war strain US school budgets
-
Tech1 week agoWhy Is Your Grill So Dumb? The Best Grills Set Temp Like an Oven
-
Tech1 week agoGreg Brockman Officially Takes Control of OpenAI’s Products in Latest Shakeup
-
Tech1 week agoThis Solar-Powered Smart Sprinkler Keeps My Lawn Watered Without Any Power Cables
-
Fashion1 week agoRMG trade bodies seek policy support from Bangladesh PM
-
Tech1 week agoTesla Reveals New Details About Robotaxi Crashes—and the Humans Involved
-
Fashion6 days agoNigeria Kwara Garment Factory, KWS Garment Production Village ink pact
