Business
Shriram Finance Shares In Focus On Monday As Japanese MUFG Bank Buys 20% Stake For Rs 39,618 Crore
Last Updated:
MUFG Bank acquires 20 percent stake in Shriram Finance Limited for Rs 39,618 crore, marking the largest FDI in Indian financial services.
Shriram Finance share price
Shriram Finance Share Price: Shriram Finance Limited shares will react on Monday, December 22, after MUFG Bank has acquired 20 per cent stake with an investment of Rs 39,618 crore (USD 4.4 billion) on Friday.
MUFG Bank has become the second Japanese lender which have made heavy investment in India’s financial sector in 2025, followed by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, a unit of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group. SMBC bought a 24.2% stake in Indian lender Yes Bank starting with a 20% stake for $1.6 billion in May.
“The Board has approved raising of funds of INR 3,96,17,98,28,781.15 (Indian Rupees Thirty Nine Thousand Six Hundred and Seventeen Crores Ninety Eight Lakhs Twenty Eight Thousand Seven Hundred and Eighty One and Paise Fifteen only) from MUFG Bank Ltd. (“Investor”) a company incorporated under the laws of Japan, by way of issuance of
47,11,21,055 (Forty Seven Crores Eleven Lakhs Twenty One Thousand and Fifty Five) fully paid-up equity shares of face value INR 2/- (Indian Rupees Two only) each of the Company (“Subscription Shares”) at a price of INR 840.93 (Indian Rupees Eight Hundred and Forty and Paise Ninety Three) per Subscription Share, through preferential issue on a
private placement basis (“Preferential Issue”),” the company said in the filing.
MUFG Bank’s transaction marks a landmark moment in the Indian financial services industry as it is being the largest FDI in a financial services company in India.
The stake purchase will help SFL to enhance capital adequacy, strengthen its balance sheet, and provide longterm growth capital.
“This collaboration is further expected to unlock synergies in technology, innovation, and customer engagement, driving sustainable growth. It will improve access to low-cost liabilities and potentially strengthen SFL’s credit ratings while aligning governance and operational practices with global best standards,” it added.
Shares of Shriram Finance ended 4 per cent higher to Rs 905 apiece last week, compared the previous day close at Rs 869.45 apiece.
India allows up to 100% foreign ownership in non-banking finance companies, unlike banks where foreign institutional stakes are capped at 15% per entity unless exempted by the RBI. Earlier this month, the RBI clarified that banks can hold equity in NBFCs, easing a regulatory hurdle for MUFG’s investment in Shriram Finance, according to Reuters report.
December 21, 2025, 10:04 IST
Read More
Business
Fan spending on Harry Styles Wembley gigs set to top £1bn
Fan spending for Harry Styles’s 12-night run at Wembley Stadium is set to reach £1.1 billion despite ongoing cost-of-living pressures, figures suggest.
Ticket-holders are expected to spend a total of £981 on average attending the Together, Together tour – which is limited to London in the UK – including travelling to the venue, staying overnight, buying merchandise and other costs, according to a survey for Barclays bank.
The figure exceeds the average £848 spent by fans who flocked to Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour, and the average £766 on attending the Oasis Live ’25 shows, although these were both held across four UK locations, leading to lower travel costs.
Styles’ fans anticipate they will spend an average £102 on official tour merchandise, while nine in 10 will participate in a “fan trend” on the day with 63% planning to wear a Harry Styles-themed look.
A fifth (20%) will make sure their outfits are co-ordinated with their friends and 22% hope to create or exchange fan-made items with other fans.
Barclays said the event was set to be a “major cultural moment” as a million ticket-holders travel to London for the 12 dates beginning on June 12.
With just one other European tour location, in Amsterdam, Styles’ Wembley residency will be the most performances by any artist in a single year at the venue, which has a capacity of around 90,000 people for music events.
The survey found those going to the show spent an average of £143.20 on their ticket, with 19% saying this was more than they planned but 66% saying they would have been willing to pay more if needed.
Other expected costs include an average £141.20 on accommodation, £103.10 on transport and £103.10 on food and drinks before the show.
Some 28% of fans say they are planning other activities such as sightseeing and exhibitions while in London.
More than a quarter (27%) of ticket-holders view the concert as a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and 17% said FOMO (fear of missing out) played a part in their purchase.
Almost 74% of those polled said getting tickets to sold-out or in-demand events now felt like a status symbol.
Tom Corbett, managing director of sponsorship and client experience at Barclays, said: “This tour shows just how powerful live entertainment can be, benefiting consumers and businesses alike.
“‘Concert tourism’ is on the rise because of the extent to which people value unique, shared experiences – so much so that they’re willing to invest in them even when cutting back elsewhere, and to travel to see their favourite artists perform.”
Opinium surveyed 2,000 respondents, and an additional 200 ticket-holders, between April 28 and May 1.
Business
CDC says American tests positive for Ebola in Africa, risk in the U.S. remains low
A sign sits outside of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Roybal campus in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S. March 18, 2026.
Megan Varner | Reuters
One American has tested positive for Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo in connection to the deadly outbreak in central Africa that global health agencies are racing to contain, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Monday.
The person was exposed as part of their work in Congo, developed symptoms over the weekend and tested positive late Sunday, Dr. Satish Pillai, the CDC’s Ebola response incident manager, told reporters on a call. The CDC and State Department are working to move that individual and six other Americans exposed to Ebola to Germany for treatment, care and monitoring.
But Pillai emphasized that no cases tied to the outbreak have been confirmed in the U.S., and that the overall risk to the American public and travelers remains low.
Still, the CDC also announced on Monday that for the next 30 days, it will restrict entry into the country for people without a U.S. passport who were in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, South Sudan or Uganda in the last three weeks.
The update came one day after the World Health Organization declared the Ebola epidemic a “public health emergency of international concern.” The outbreak does not meet the criteria of a “pandemic emergency,” but the WHO warned that the high positivity rate and increasing cases and deaths point toward a “potentially much larger outbreak” than what is being detected and reported.
As of Sunday, more than 300 suspected cases and 88 suspected deaths have been reported, primarily in Congo but also in neighboring Uganda, according to the CDC.
The specific virus involved in this outbreak, called Bundibugyo, has no vaccine or treatment. Historically, that virus has death rates ranging from 25% to 50%, the CDC added.
But agency officials told reporters on Monday that work is underway to develop a monoclonal antibody therapy as a potential treatment for this specific strain of Ebola.
Business
Elon Musk just lost another lawsuit. Will he keep fighting?
Musk’s loss against OpenAI is the latest in a string of courtroom defeats.
Source link
-
Entertainment6 days agoConan O’Brien hat tricks as Oscar host
-
Tech1 week agoCould Contact-Tracing Apps Help With the Hantavirus? Not Really
-
Fashion5 days agoItaly’s Zegna Group’s Q1 growth boosted by strong organic performance
-
Entertainment1 week agoMartin Short: Facing tragedy with joy
-
Entertainment1 week agoTom Brady gets back at Kevin Hart during Netflix roast
-
Sports1 week agoJacob Fatu unleashes vicious assault on Roman Reigns after World Heavyweight Championship loss at WWE Backlash
-
Entertainment1 week agoMartha Stewart: How to make an omelet
-
Tech1 week agoPapa Johns Is Getting Into Drone Delivery—but Not for Pizza
