Sports
Liam Rosenior: Arsenal didn’t show Chelsea ‘respect’ in semifinal warm-ups
Chelsea head coach Liam Rosenior admitted he lost his cool at Arsenal‘s players over what he considers a lack of “respect” shown to his team ahead of Tuesday’s Carabao Cup semifinal second leg.
Sky Sports cameras captured the Blues boss in an angry exchange with the home team on the Emirates Stadium pitch before kick-off, accusing them of encroaching into Chelsea’s half.
Teams typically take a half of the pitch each to warm up in and Rosenior unleashed a side of his character hitherto unseen during his time in charge to remonstrate with the Gunners over their lack of “etiquette.”
“When you warm up you have your half and the other team have their half,” he said. “In that moment I didn’t think it was right where they were operating. They were affecting my lads’ warm-up.
“So I asked them, maybe not politely, to make sure they stay in their half. I’m not here to have mind games, it’s just what I think is right and respectful.
“There’s certain etiquette in football. I don’t have an issue with anyone at Arsenal. It was just in that moment I didn’t think that respect was shown to my team.”
Chelsea went on to lose 1-0 to a goal scored in the seventh minute of stoppage time by their former player Kai Havertz, sending Arsenal to Wembley with a 4-2 aggregate win.
It is not the first time that controversy has been stirred over the issue of pre-match warm-ups.
Former Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp would frequently stand on or near the halfway line close to where opposition teams were going through their paces and watch intently.
Critics at the time accused him of attempting to intimidate the other team, but speaking at an event in January last year he clarified the reason behind the habit.
“Actually I did it to understand the other team a little bit better,” Klopp said “They thought I did it to intimidate them.”
Chelsea’s Carabao Cup exit has been the only setback of Rosenior’s first month in charge which has brought three wins out of three in the Premier League as well as direct progression to the last 16 of the Champions League.
His biggest challenge so far has been dealing with intense media interest in Cole Palmer. The team’s most creative player has been out of form this season and reports emerged in January that he was unsettled and favoured a return to his native Manchester.
There has also been the issue of fitness. His minutes have been carefully managed following a groin injury that caused him to miss a number of weeks before Christmas and he has been unable to string together a run of games.
Rosenior said both Palmer and Estêvão are ready to play 90 minutes away at Wolves on Saturday, and added: “We have the very best medical team, the very best sports science team. We do many tests. We want to make sure these players can play at the level they need to play at to help us win.
– John Terry tries to film a Chelsea winner, accidentally films Arsenal winner
– Liam Rosenior responds after Paul Merson criticism: ‘I have been a pundit, it’s easy’
– What wobble? Arsenal break hoodoo to reach first final in six years
“In terms of Cole, there isn’t a timeframe where he’s going to be perfect in a month or two months, it’s just game to game.
“He’s bought in, he’s been magnificent. He is maturing as a human being and he understands the bigger picture which is his career.”
Forward Jamie Gittens was injured in the 3-2 win against West Ham last week and missed the defeat to Arsenal on Sunday.
Coach Liam Rosenior did not give a timeframe on his recovery on Thursday.
“Unfortunately it’s looking a little more long-term for him,” Rosenior said. “He’s got a tear in his hamstring which is a real shame for him and he will be a big miss for us.
“I’ve not had the chance to work with him for long but I know about his career and what an outstanding player he is, so it’s a big loss. It’s too early to say how long he will be out for.”
Information from the Associated Press contributed to this report.
Sports
IndyCar driver Caio Collet’s vehicle catches fire in terrifying Indy 500 wreck
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
IndyCar rookie Caio Collet was involved in a terrifying crash toward the end of the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday afternoon with Felix Rosenqvist and Pato O’Ward fighting for first place.
Collet got loose in Turn 2 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway and overcorrected just enough to send his vehicle into the wall. His right rear caught fire as he skidded down the track and onto the grass.
ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!
Caio Collet drives a Combitrans AJ Foyt Enterprises Chevrolet through turn three during practice on Miller Lite Carb Day at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis, Ind., on May 22, 2026. (Michael Allio/Icon Sportswire)
Emergency personnel came over to put the fire out and help Collet out of his car.
He was able to walk away from the scary wreck, but track officials called for a red flag. The red flag stopped the race and gave drivers a breather for what would be a total shootout for the final few laps.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Caio Collet leads the field during the Indianapolis 500 auto race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis on May 24, 2026. (Michael Conroy/AP)
Collet will fall down the leaderboard as he didn’t finish the race.
The A.J. Foyt Racing driver was making his first appearance in the Indy 500. He graduated into the NTT IndyCar Series after finishing second in the Indy NXT Series last year. He won three races on the Indy NXT Series in 2025.
The Brazilian came into the race in 21st place in the IndyCar standings with 70 points through six starts. He has yet to finish in the top 10 in his first season.

David Maluka talks with Caio Collet before practice for the Indianapolis 500 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis on May 18, 2026. (Michael Conroy/AP)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
The 2026 Indy 500 already featured more than 50 lead changes and was one of the more competitive events in recent memory.
Felix Rosenqvist won the race on the final lap.
Sports
2026 NASCAR Odds: Denny Hamlin Favored At Coca-Cola 600, Tyler Reddick Second
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
When the NASCAR Cup Series went to Charlotte for the Coca-Cola 600 in 2025, Ross Chastain got into Victory Lane after closing at +1800 to be the outright winner.
Chastain’s impressive win came after leading only eight laps on the day.
Which driver will take the checkered flag when the series goes back to Charlotte Motor Speedway on Memorial Day Weekend for one of NASCAR’s Crown Jewels?
Here are the odds at DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 24.
This page may contain affiliate links to legal sports betting partners. If you sign up or place a wager, FOX Sports may be compensated. Read more about Sports Betting on FOX Sports.
NASCAR Cup Series Coca-Cola 600
Denny Hamlin: +380 (bet $10 to win $48 total)
Tyler Reddick: +500 (bet $10 to win $60 total)
Kyle Larson: +800 (bet $10 to win $90 total)
Christopher Bell: +800 (bet $10 to win $90 total)
Chase Briscoe: +1000 (bet $10 to win $110 total)
William Byron: +1100 (bet $10 to win $120 total)
Carson Hocevar: +1100 (bet $10 to win $120 total)
Ryan Blaney: +1400 (bet $10 to win $150 total)
Chase Elliott: +1400 (bet $10 to win $150 total)
Brad Keselowski: +1800 (bet $10 to win $190 total)
Ty Gibbs: +2000 (bet $10 to win $210 total)
Ross Chastain: +2200 (bet $10 to win $230 total)
Chris Buescher: +2500 (bet $10 to win $260 total)
Bubba Wallace: +2800 (bet $10 to win $290 total)
Alex Bowman: +2800 (bet $10 to win $290 total)
Austin Dillon: +4000 (bet $10 to win $410 total)
Joey Logano: +4500 (bet $10 to win $460 total)
Connor Zilisch: +4500 (bet $10 to win $460 total)
Austin Hill: +4500 (bet $10 to win $460 total)
Austin Cindric: +5500 (bet $10 to win $560 total)
Ryan Preece: +9000 (bet $10 to win $910 total)
Ricky Stenhouse Jr.: +9000 (bet $10 to win $910 total)
Michael McDowell: +9000 (bet $10 to win $910 total)
Corey Heim: +9000 (bet $10 to win $910 total)
Erik Jones: +10000 (bet $10 to win $1,010 total)
Shane van Gisbergen: +13000 (bet $10 to win $1,310 total)
AJ Allmendinger: +15000 (bet $10 to win $1,510 total)
Daniel Suarez: +17000 (bet $10 to win $1,710 total)
Josh Berry: +18000 (bet $10 to win $1,810 total)
John Hunter Nemechek: +25000 (bet $10 to win $2,510 total)
Zane Smith: +35000 (bet $10 to win $3,510 total)
Ty Dillon: +50000 (bet $10 to win $5,010 total)
Noah Gragson: +50000 (bet $10 to win $5,010 total)
Todd Gilliland: +60000 (bet $10 to win $6,010 total)
Riley Herbst: +60000 (bet $10 to win $6,010 total)
Cole Custer: +80000 (bet $10 to win $8,010 total)
Katherine Legge: +90000 (bet $10 to win $9,010 total)
Timmy Hill: +100000 (bet $10 to win $10,010 total)
Cody Ware: +100000 (bet $10 to win $10,010 total)
Here’s what to know about the oddsboard:
The Favorite
Denny Hamlin is coming in hot off an All-Star Race win at Dover. And while it wasn’t a points race, coming into Charlotte after starting from the pole and leading 103 laps in last week’s exhibition could give him the momentum he needs to grab the checkered flag at the Coke 600. His first and only win at this race came in 2022. In 2025, he started 20th but finished 16th after posting the best lap of the day at 29.37 and leading 53 laps.
One to Watch

Tyler Reddick is having an incredible season. He’s gotten into Victory Lane five times, including the first three races of the year. Cup qualifying got rained out, so Reddick will start from the pole today at Charlotte in accordance with league rules. On the season, Reddick has led 201 laps and has eight finishes in the top five. In 2025, he finished the Coca-Cola 600 26th after leading only one lap.
Sports
WWE Hall of Famer Nikki Bella opens up about what she wants fans to remember her for when she retires
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
One of the best things to debate amongst friends is where professional athletes of a particular sport rank all time. Some make top 10 lists, others go by the Mount Rushmore rule.
Pro wrestling fans are no different. Championships, legacy and impact on the sport matter to those who take the time to watch wrestling 3-6 times per week for decades. How pro wrestlers are remembered by their fans is important to them.
ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!
Nikki Bella confronts Becky Lynch during Monday Night RAW at Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Aug. 4, 2025. (Michael Marques/WWE)
For WWE Hall of Famer Nikki Bella, she suggested in an interview with Fox News Digital that her championship accolades should be put aside. Using her voice to have an effect on someone watching her in an arena or at home is more important.
“I would love definitely to be remembered as fearless, as someone who wasn’t scared to use her voice, someone who wasn’t scared to pave the ways, someone who wasn’t scared to stand up to all the hate, who can still be her even when people try to tear you down,” Bella said, who became the Chief Margarita Officer for Madam Paleta Tequila earlier in the week. “What I’ve realized, and this is in any industry and this is throughout time, it’s never easy to be first or be the loudest about something. And there’s so many people who helped pave the way before us but when you’re at the forefront or when you’re at the face of that, you take on everything that comes with it – hate, love, support, everything.
WWE STAR LIV MORGAN OPENS UP ABOUT HER LEGACY, WHAT SHE WANTS TO BE REMEMBERED FOR

Nikki Bella returns to Monday Night RAW at PHX Arena in Phoenix, Ariz., on June 9, 2025. (Craig Ambrosio/WWE)
“I think that’s where I truly live up to being ‘Fearless’ Nikki, I just don’t stop. Even when I’m not at my best or when I’m at my greatest. I hope at the end of the day, people can look back and respect that too – even the ones who can be so disrespectful. They see things in such a different way and they really just don’t know. I hope to be remembered as that over anything.”
Bella said she understood that fans will look at her titles and accolades overall when she eventually decides to step away from action for good.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
She was a two-time Divas champion, including holding the championship for a record 300 days, and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame with her sister, Brie Bella, in 2020.
She stressed, however, that the impact she made was held in high regard above everything else.
“I get some people get hooked on champion numbers, like 13 time, 10 time, five time, you know, for me, it’s always been about impact,” she told Fox News Digital. “And if the people tuning in, I was able to change some people’s lives. Maybe they were being raised in a not great home and I gave them the ability to be fearless and to use their voice to know they could be someone great one day, to me, that’s being a champion and that’s what I’d love to be more than anything. I look at my Bella Army and they are my true accomplishment.

Nikki Bella addresses the crowd during SmackDown at Mortgage Matchup Center in Phoenix, Ariz., on March 13, 2026. (Bradlee Rutledge/WWE)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
“That is better than any championship I could ever win, ever.”
-
Entertainment1 week agoWhere Pete Davidson, Elsie Hewitt stand after breakup: Details revealed
-
Politics1 week agoRising diesel costs from Iran war strain US school budgets
-
Tech1 week agoWhy Is Your Grill So Dumb? The Best Grills Set Temp Like an Oven
-
Tech1 week agoThis Solar-Powered Smart Sprinkler Keeps My Lawn Watered Without Any Power Cables
-
Fashion1 week agoRMG trade bodies seek policy support from Bangladesh PM
-
Fashion6 days agoNigeria Kwara Garment Factory, KWS Garment Production Village ink pact
-
Fashion1 week agoIndia calls for aligning standards, customs procedures with Africa
-
Sports1 week agoPakistan steady after Das ton | The Express Tribune
