Sports
New PHF chief Wani backs Pakistan hockey ahead of Egypt qualifiers | The Express Tribune
Every possible assistance and guidance would be extended for the matches scheduled in Egypt from Feb. 27 to March 8
ISLAMABAD:
Pakistan Hockey Federation President Mohyuddin Wani said on Thursday that all players in the national squad have been directed to focus fully on training ahead of the upcoming World Cup qualifying round, with assurances that complete facilities and support will be provided.
Speaking to team captain Hammad Shakeel Butt, Wani said every possible assistance and guidance would be extended for the matches scheduled in Egypt from Feb. 27 to March 8.
He said coordination had been established with Pakistan’s Ambassador to Egypt, Aamir Shouket, as well as with Egypt’s foreign ministry to facilitate arrangements for the team.
Wani said clear targets had been set to restore the prestige of hockey, Pakistan’s national sport, and to help the team regain its competitive standing internationally. He urged players to participate in training sessions with dedication, describing player development as the federation’s top priority.
The federation has closed its regional office in Islamabad to ensure more efficient use of resources, he added, saying that all available funds would be directed towards players’ training, development and sports facilities.
If needed, the Pakistan Sports Board will provide office space for administrative matters, Wani said, emphasising that the federation’s focus would remain firmly on improving on-field performance.
Sports
Brett Favre blasts NFL for no longer appealing to ‘true’ fans: ‘There’s been a slight shift’
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Brett Favre believes there has been a change in the NFL’s engagement strategy.
The Pro Football Hall of Famer discussed the issue during an appearance on Tomi Lahren’s OutKick show earlier this week, in which Lahren said she felt the NFL changed its approach to the way it appeals to fans “somewhere around Colin Kaepernick.”
It was a sentiment that Favre agreed with.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
Green Bay Packers quarterback (4) Brett Favre warms up before playing against the Detroit Lions at Ford Field. (Tom Szczerbowski/USA TODAY Sports)
“I think there probably is some truth to that. Why that has changed, I really don’t know,” Favre said. “Because I think your general football audience is people like you and I. Maybe loves football, or maybe is a casual, fair-weather fan, but it is the biggest show in town. So you watch it, you know, you watch the halftime show and who sang the national anthem. You know, that’s been that way for a long time.
“But you’re right, you know, in the last maybe 10 years, maybe a little longer, there’s been a slight shift. For whatever reason, I have no idea, because you want to appeal to your true fans. And it doesn’t seem like that is the case anymore.”

Green Bay Packers quarterback (4) Brett Favre is interviewed after defeating the Detroit Lions. (Tom Szczerbowski/USA TODAY Sports )
Conservative fans were turned off by the decision to have Bad Bunny perform during the Super Bowl halftime show — he was largely criticized for having almost his entire performance in Spanish.
President Donald Trump called it “one of the worst” halftime shows of all time.
“This ‘Show’ is just a ‘slap in the face’ to our Country, which is setting new standards and records every single day — including the Best Stock Market and 401(k)s in History! There is nothing inspirational about this mess of a Halftime Show and watch, it will get great reviews from the Fake News Media, because they haven’t got a clue of what is going on in the REAL WORLD,” Trump wrote on Truth Social shortly after the show.

Bad Bunny performs during halftime of the NFL Super Bowl 60 football game between the New England Patriots and the Seattle Seahawks at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California, on Feb. 8, 2026. (AP Photo/Julio Cortez)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The show was the fourth most-watched of all time, but NFL ratings continue to skyrocket. NFL games accounted for 92 of the top 100 most-watched telecasts throughout 2025.
Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter
Sports
2026 Olympics: Live updates for Canada-Finland, USA-Slovakia
There are only four games left in the men’s hockey tournament at the 2026 Olympic Games.
On Friday, the two semifinal matchups will determine which two nations face off for gold, and which will compete for bronze:
-
No. 1 Canada vs. No. 4 Finland, 10:40 a.m. ET
-
No. 2 USA vs. No. 3 Slovakia, 3:10 p.m. ET
The bronze medal game will be held Saturday at 2:40 p.m. ET, while the gold medal game will be Sunday at 8:10 a.m. ET.
Players from all 32 NHL teams are represented with at least one player among the final four clubs remaining. Team USA has the largest number of teams represented (18), while Finland has the most players from a single franchise (four from the Dallas Stars).
Read more: Biggest surprises of the tournament | Inside U.S. women’s win | Future is bright for women’s hockey
Follow along live for all the goals and top moments from both semifinals here.
Sports
ECB urged to ‘act fast’ as Pakistan players face The Hundred snub threat
- ECB says The Hundred welcomes players from all over world.
- 1,000 cricketers from 18 nations registered for auction: ECB.
- The Hundred player auction set in London on March 11-12.
Former England captain Michael Vaughan has urged the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) to “act fast” on reports that Pakistani players will be overlooked by Indian-owned teams in the domestic Hundred competition.
Longstanding political tensions between India and Pakistan have led to the border rivals only playing each other in international cricket events, although their recent Colombo showdown at the ongoing T20 World Cup in India and Sri Lanka only went ahead after Pakistan called off a threatened boycott.
It has been claimed that politics has also led to an effective ban on Pakistani players participating in the Indian Premier League, world cricket’s most lucrative T20 franchise competition.
And with several IPL owners now owning teams in several different countries, opportunities for Pakistani cricketers to participate in various leagues are in danger of being reduced further.
The BBC has now reported that the issue could be a factor during next month’s player auction for English cricket’s Hundred, a 100 balls-per-side competition featuring eight franchises rather than the traditional 18 first-class counties.
Players will go under the hammer in London on March 11-12, with the BBC reporting that the four Indian-affiliated Hundred teams — Manchester Super Giants, MI London, Southern Brave and Sunrisers Leeds will deliberately avoid selecting players from Pakistan.
More than 50 Pakistani cricketers have registered their availability, with four other teams involved in the bidding.
The ECB have been unable to substantiate the BBC allegations, but former England captain Vaughan has called for the governing body to investigate the issue thoroughly.
Vaughan, referencing the ECB’s stated aim of cricket becoming the most inclusive sport in the country, posted on Friday on X: “The ECB need to act fast on this… they own the league and this should not be allowed to happen… the most inclusive sport in the country is not one that allows this to happen.”
An ECB spokesperson said: “The Hundred welcomes men’s and women’s players from all over the world and we would expect the eight teams to reflect that.
“Almost 1,000 cricketers from 18 nations have registered for The Hundred auction, with representation on the longlist of over 50 players respectively from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Pakistan and West Indies.”
Only two Pakistan internationals — Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim — appeared in last year’s Hundred, the final edition before new investors became involved.
-
Business1 week agoTop stocks to buy today: Stock recommendations for February 13, 2026 – check list – The Times of India
-
Fashion1 week agoIndia’s PDS Q3 revenue up 2% as margins remain under pressure
-
Politics1 week agoIndia clears proposal to buy French Rafale jets
-
Fashion1 week ago$10→ $12.10 FOB: The real price of zero-duty apparel
-
Tech1 week agoElon Musk’s X Appears to Be Violating US Sanctions by Selling Premium Accounts to Iranian Leaders
-
Tech3 days agoRakuten Mobile proposal selected for Jaxa space strategy | Computer Weekly
-
Entertainment3 days agoQueen Camilla reveals her sister’s connection to Princess Diana
-
Politics3 days agoRamadan moon sighted in Saudi Arabia, other Gulf countries
