Entertainment
Chinese FM Wang Yi due in Islamabad to co-chair strategic dialogue on August 21

- Wang Yi to co-chair Islamabad dialogue.
- CPEC, trade, peace top agenda in talks.
- First Pakistan visit since India’s May aggression.
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi is visiting Islamabad to co-chair the 6th Pakistan-China Foreign Ministers’ Strategic Dialogue on August 21, the Foreign Office said in a statement on Tuesday.
According to the statement, the visit forms part of regular high-level exchanges aimed at further strengthening the “All-Weather Strategic Cooperative Partnership” between Pakistan and China.
The dialogue will reaffirm mutual support on each other’s core interests, enhance economic and trade cooperation, and underline both countries’ commitment to regional peace, development, and stability.
According to The News, Wang Yi’s engagements will include meetings with Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Senator Mohammad Ishaq Dar and Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, with a focus on China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) progress, economic collaboration, regional security, and defence ties.
The Chinese foreign minister is also expected to meet Chief of Army Staff Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir in Rawalpindi.
This will be Wang Yi’s first visit to Pakistan since India’s cross-border aggression in May last year and comes weeks after his meeting with Field Marshal Munir in Beijing, a development seen as reinforcing the “ironclad” relationship between Islamabad and Beijing.
Diplomatic sources have further indicated that the much-anticipated trilateral meeting of the foreign ministers of Pakistan, China, and Afghanistan is expected to take place in Kabul immediately after Wang Yi’s visit.
DPM Dar is likely to accompany him for the talks with Afghanistan’s Acting Foreign Minister Amir Khan Muttaqi, though officials have not ruled out the possibility of the Afghan foreign minister travelling to Islamabad instead. The discussions are expected to cover regional stability and Pakistan’s security concerns regarding Afghanistan.
Sources noted that some global capitals had attempted to obstruct the trilateral dialogue, but after weeks of negotiations, the three sides agreed to proceed. The meeting is seen as an important step in advancing trilateral cooperation.
Wang Yi’s trip carries significant regional weight as it follows his stop in New Delhi and precedes Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s visit to China later this month for the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit in Tianjin.
Entertainment
India’s powerful Hindu group chief urges three-child families as fertility rates fall

- Declining fertility rates pose demographic risks.
- Bhagwat calls for population ‘controlled, yet sufficient’ balance.
- RSS leader calls on Muslims to overcome fear, build mutual trust.
NEW DELHI: The head of India’s powerful Hindu nationalist Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) said that Indian families must have three children each, warning about the long-term risks from the current trend of declining birth rates.
At 1.46 billion, India is the world’s most populous nation but the total fertility rate has dropped to less than two children per woman, according to the UN Population Fund’s 2025 report, as economic growth gathers momentum.
Mohan Bhagwat, chief of the RSS that is the ideological parent of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party, said the population must remain “controlled, yet sufficient”.
Speaking at a lecture to mark the 100 years of the founding of the RSS on Thursday, Bhagwat suggested that “in the national interest, every family should have three children and limit themselves to that”.
His call for larger families reflects anxiety among nationalist leaders and some regional politicians about long-term demographic stability, national capacity, and cultural identity.
For years hardline Hindu groups have pointed to higher birth rates among minority groups such as Muslims as a cause of concern although data shows Indian Muslims are also having fewer children than in the past.
Bhagwat too said birth rates were declining across religious groups.
While the RSS officially describes itself as a cultural organisation promoting Hindu values, it wields enormous influence through its vast network of affiliates and millions of grassroots volunteers.
Many of Modi’s senior ministers, including the prime minister himself, are long-time members of the RSS.
Analysts say BJP’s policy priorities — from cultural and education reform to citizenship laws — frequently echo positions championed by the RSS, making the organisation one of the most powerful civil society groups in the world.
Bhagwat rejected criticism that the RSS was opposed to Muslims — who make up about 14% of India’s population — and other minorities saying the organisation viewed all of them as Indians.
“Our ancestors and culture are the same. Worship practices may differ, but our identity is one. Changing religion does not change one’s community,” he said.
“Mutual trust must be built on all sides. Muslims must overcome the fear that joining hands with others will erase their religion.”
Entertainment
Taylor Swift, Travis Kelce’s plans for wedding day finally revealed

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce took their two-year long relationship to the next level with a surprise engagement recently.
On Tuesday August 26, the couple announced their engagement on social media with a carousal of pictures of themselves in a garden surrounded by roses and floral arches.
“Your English teacher and your gym teacher are getting married,” the post was captioned with a firecracker emoji.
As per the recent findings, a source revealed their wedding plans in an interview with People.
“Taylor and Travis have been in celebration mode ever since the engagement,’ the insiders began by saying.
Sharing next plans after engagement, the source continued, “They are not in the wedding planning phase yet. Right now they just want to enjoy being engaged and they are going to take their time with it.”
The songstress has been in a highly publicized relationship with Kelce, and regarding it the insiders told the outlet, “It has been a relief not having to keep it a secret anymore and they are glad it is out in the open.”
Referring to his mom, Donna, who swapped out her Facebook cover photo to a childhood picture of the songstress and the football player, after the announcement of engagement, the source shared, “Donna is already saving little things from this time like photos, notes and flowers.”
“She is very sentimental about it. She wants to remember every detail, so she has been holding onto mementos from their first days as an engaged couple,” the insiders added.
Before concluding, the source said, “Both families are overjoyed. There were toasts, happy tears and everyone is thrilled for them. Friends have been stopping by and sending little gifts. It has all been intimate, nothing over the top.”
Entertainment
Jessie J makes heartbreaking announcement amid health issues

Jessie J left her fans disappointed on Thursday as she postponed two legs of her upcoming tour while canceling another portion amid her ongoing battle with cancer.
In a statement to People magazine on August 28, the 37-year-old singer announced that she has had to cancel her US tour dates and postpone her UK concerts to focus on her health.
“Unfortunately I have to have a second surgery — nothing too serious but it has to be done by the end of this year,” said Jessie.
“This falls in the middle of the tour I had booked. I’m so sorry, I feel frustrated and sad, but I need to be better, I need to be healed,” she added.
For those unversed, the Bang Bang hitmaker’s UK and European shows were initially scheduled for October 2025. Now, the shows have been moved to April 2026.
This cancellation comes three months after Jessie revealed that she had breast cancer.
The Nobody’s Perfect songstress later took to her Instagram account to further discuss her decision to cancel her upcoming shows.
“As some of you may know I just had breast cancer surgery eight weeks ago, that’s the first thing,” she said in a clip. “The second thing is unfortunately I have to have a second surgery.”
“Nothing too serious but it has to be done by the end of the year and unfortunately that falls right in the middle of a tour I had booked,” Jessie assured.
“I’m so sorry, I feel frustrated and sad. But also it is what it is. I need to be better, I need to be healed and this is the right decision to make so I am postponing the tour until next year,” added the singer.
-
Business1 week ago
RSS Feed Generator, Create RSS feeds from URL
-
Tech1 week ago
Korea develops core radar components for stealth technology
-
Fashion1 week ago
Tariff pressure casts shadow on Gujarat’s textile landscape
-
Fashion1 week ago
Rent the Runway to swap debt for equity in revival effort
-
Fashion1 week ago
US retailers split on holiday prospects amid consumer caution
-
Tech1 week ago
Qi2’s Magnetic Wireless Charging Finally Arrives on Android
-
Sports1 week ago
Dan Quinn says Terry McLaurin is healthy, ‘closer’ to Commanders return
-
Tech2 days ago
Review: Google Pixel 10 Series