Connect with us

Business

FII Selling In Nov Crosses Rs 13,925 Crore, Trend Set To Reverse

Published

on

FII Selling In Nov Crosses Rs 13,925 Crore, Trend Set To Reverse


New Delhi: Foreign institutional investor (FII) selling accelerated in early November, as the total selling crossed Rs 13,925 crore till weekend, NSDL data showed on Saturday. Analysts said that softer earnings in India compared to other markets has accelerated the momentum sell trade in India, which is getting invested in US, China, Taiwan and South Korea, regarded as the beneficiaries of the ongoing AI trade.

However, the AI trade cannot continue for long since there are concerns of a bubble building up in AI stocks, and when the AI trade loses steam, India will attract FII inflows, said Dr. VK Vijayakumar, Chief Investment Strategist, Geojit Investments Limited, adding that the timeline for this prediction cannot be predicted.

The long-term trend of FII buying through the primary market continues with an investment of Rs 7833 crores so far in November. For 2025, till now, total FII sell figure through exchanges stood at Rs 2,08,126 crores. Meanwhile the total buy figure for the primary market stood at Rs 62,125 crores.

Add Zee News as a Preferred Source


Regarding FPI investing trends, Manoj Purohit, Partner & Leader, Financial Services Tax, Tax and Regulatory Services, BDO India said that inflows have witnessed continuous volatility with some sign of recovery in coming times.

Major factors that contribute to this positive shift are the record domestic sales during this festive month, sustained corporate earnings growth, ongoing talks on India-US trade deals, he added. He also cited several reforms and SEBI measures for the positive shift including KYC alignment, simplified account rules and a single‑window India Market Access platform.

Meanwhile, the sustained selling has pushed FPI ownership in NSE‑listed companies down to 16.9 per cent in the September quarter, marking the lowest level in over 15 years.



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Business

Stock market today: Nifty50 opens near 25,700; BSE Sensex flat in trade – The Times of India

Published

on

Stock market today: Nifty50 opens near 25,700; BSE Sensex flat in trade – The Times of India


Stock market today (AI image)

Stock market today: Indian equity benchmarks opened flat in trade on Wednesday. While the 50-share index Nifty was near 25,700, the 30-share BSE Sensex was down marginally. At 9:16 AM, Nifty50 was trading at 25,716.35, down 9 points or 0.035%. BSE Sensex was at 83,438.94, down 12 points or 0.014%.Experts believe that the stock market is likely to remain steady with a positive undertone in the near term, supported by global trends.Dr. VK Vijayakumar, Chief Investment Strategist, Geojit Investments Limited says, “The better-than-expected Q3 results and indications of continuing momentum in earnings growth, going forward, are positive factors that will keep the market resilient. The volatility in IT stocks may continue, in response to incoming news relating to the sector. Overall, IT stocks may remain weak since uncertainty surrounding the sector is huge and large institutional investors are unlikely to invest big time in IT stocks, unless valuations become compelling. There can be churns away from IT towards other sectors like banking and financials, automobiles, telecom, pharmaceuticals etc where there is good earnings visibility.”“This is the time to gradually increase exposure to equity. But many retail investors are increasing investments in gold and silver ETFs, which is a risky game in the present context. Early signs of a shift in the investment strategy of FIIs are visible now. In the cash market, FIIs have been buyers in eight out of the last thirteen trading days. This trend and improving prospects for corporate earnings bode well for the market.US equities ended marginally higher after a weak start to the session, helped by a rebound in technology stocks and support from financial shares. The recovery followed earlier volatility as investors assessed the outlook for artificial intelligence after recent turbulence that had pulled major indices away from record levels.Asian markets also posted modest gains in thin holiday trading. Investor sentiment remained cautious as markets continued to digest recent swings in global equities linked to concerns around AI-driven disruptions.(Disclaimer: Recommendations and views on the stock market, other asset classes or personal finance management tips given by experts are their own. These opinions do not represent the views of The Times of India)



Source link

Continue Reading

Business

DISCOs seek additional Rs10.8b | The Express Tribune

Published

on

DISCOs seek additional Rs10.8b | The Express Tribune


Iesco stood on top in the wake of its plausible performance to curb losses, improve recoveries and act in line with the time frame for new connections. PHOTO: FILE


ISLAMABAD:

The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) on Tuesday held a public hearing on the second quarterly adjustment for the current fiscal year, where power distribution companies (DISCOs) sought additional charges of Rs10.76 billion that could translate into a nationwide tariff hike of 43 paisa per unit, including K-Electric. Electricity companies pressed for recovery of costs mainly linked to the capacity payments made between October and December 2025.

Officials told the regulator that Rs24.25 billion was being sought under capacity payments for the Oct-Dec quarter. However, Nepra was also informed of a reduction of about Rs13.5 billion in other components, including operations and maintenance, use-of-system charges and the so-called incremental consumption package.

Nepra officials said the net impact of the adjustment could result in a tariff increase of 43 paisa per unit, but stressed that the authority would review the figures before making a final decision. Any determination will be applicable to consumers across the country.

The hearing drew strong criticism from consumer representatives, who accused the government of shifting the burden of flawed policies on to the general public. Several participants said the incremental consumption package was benefiting selective industries while harming others, arguing that the data shared under the scheme was misleading.

“Without real growth in industrial demand, how can consumers benefit from such incentives?” a hearing participant asked, urging Nepra to reassess the figures submitted by the Central Power Purchasing Agency (CPPA).

CPPA officials said around Rs431 billion in capacity payments would be required for the quarter, compared with Rs459 billion needed by distribution companies in the previous year. Of the total capacity payments to the independent power producers (IPPs), there was a shortfall of Rs24 billion due to low electricity consumption, which would be recovered from the consumers. They also told the regulator that furnace oil-based power plants would not be operated in the future as the government shifted away from costly generation sources.



Source link

Continue Reading

Business

Netflix grants Warner Bros. Discovery 7-day waiver to reopen deal talks with Paramount Skydance

Published

on

Netflix grants Warner Bros. Discovery 7-day waiver to reopen deal talks with Paramount Skydance


Warner Bros. Discovery on Tuesday said it will reopen deal talks with Paramount Skydance under a seven-day waiver from Netflix to explore “deficiencies” in Paramount’s offer to buy the entirety of WBD.

The legacy media company has a pending transaction with Netflix for its streaming and studio businesses. Paramount launched a hostile tender offer straight to WBD shareholders at $30 per share after losing out to Netflix in a bidding war.

“Netflix has provided WBD a limited waiver under the terms of WBD’s merger agreement with Netflix, permitting WBD to engage in discussions with Paramount Skydance (“PSKY”) (NASDAQ: PSKY) for a seven-day period ending on February 23, 2026 to seek clarity for WBD stockholders and provide PSKY the ability to make its best and final offer,” Warner Bros. Discovery said in a release.

“During this period, WBD will engage with PSKY to discuss the deficiencies that remain unresolved and clarify certain terms of PSKY’s proposed merger agreement,” it said.

Paramount leadership has repeatedly said its $30 per share, all-cash offer is not its “best and final.” Last week the company sweetened its offer with additional “enhancements,” but stopped short of raising the per-share value.

Warner Bros. Discovery said Tuesday that a senior Paramount representative informed a WBD board member that it would pay $31 per share if deal talks were to reopen.

Tune in at 4:30pm ET as Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos joins CNBC TV. Watch in real time on CNBC+ or the CNBC Pro stream.

After the limited waiver period, Netflix will retain its matching rights provided by the merger agreement, WBD said.

“Throughout the entire process, our sole focus has been on maximizing value and certainty for WBD shareholders,” said WBD CEO David Zaslav in a statement. “Every step of the way, we have provided PSKY with clear direction on the deficiencies in their offers and opportunities to address them. We are engaging with PSKY now to determine whether they can deliver an actionable, binding proposal that provides superior value and certainty for WBD shareholders through their best and final offer.”

WBD also on Tuesday announced a special meeting of shareholders will be held on March 20 and said its board continues to unanimously recommend the Netflix deal over Paramount’s offer.

Netflix said in a statement the shareholder meeting date marked an “important milestone for our transaction with WBD.”

“While we are confident that our transaction provides superior value and certainty, we recognize the ongoing distraction for WBD stockholders and the broader entertainment industry caused by PSKY’s antics,” Netflix said. “Accordingly, we granted WBD a narrow seven-day waiver of certain obligations under our merger agreement to allow them to engage with PSKY to fully and finally resolve this matter.”

Shares of Warner Bros. Discovery were up about 3.5% Tuesday. Shares of Paramount were up about 6%.

Raising regulatory concerns

Either proposed purchase of Warner Bros. Discovery assets comes with regulatory questions.

Media industry insiders and lawmakers have questioned whether Netflix’s proposed deal would win approval as it would bring together two of the top streaming services and could result in higher prices for consumers.

Netflix leadership has repeatedly said the company believes it would win regulatory approval for the deal because it would preserve jobs in a challenged media landscape rife with layoffs.

Paramount has sounded the alarm to WBD shareholders, however, and argues its offer is not only better but would more easily garner government support.

On the flipside, Paramount’s offer has raised questions of foreign funding and antitrust considerations in bringing together two large portfolios of pay TV channels and two major film studios.

Paramount’s deal is financed in part by sovereign wealth funds of Saudi Arabia; Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; and Qatar. Paramount has said those entities have agreed to forgo any governance rights.

In its statement on Tuesday, Netflix called out the foreign funding, which it said it expects to come under scrutiny from international regulators, including the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS). Netflix said it also expects European authorities “to scrutinize the Middle Eastern investors in PSKY’s consortium and to be skeptical of claims that they are purely passive investors.”

Given Europe’s track record of antitrust enforcement, it’s possible regulatory battles for either deal would be won or lost in that market. Of course, the question still looms of how President Donald Trump will view either transaction. Trump recently said he hadn’t been involved in the process so far and didn’t plan to be, though he has reportedly met with executives from each camp.

Netflix’s statement on Tuesday “unsurprisingly points to a number of arguments Netflix believes it has in its favor,” according to an analyst note from Raymond James on Tuesday, “including better prospects for approval, a clearer national security picture, and financial security.”



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending