Connect with us

Entertainment

Jessie J reflects on missing out on toddler son’s milestones amid cancer

Published

on

Jessie J reflects on missing out on toddler son’s milestones amid cancer


Jessie J sobbed over missing time with toddler son amid cancer

Jessie J has missed out on time with her two-year-old son due to her cancer battle, and it makes the singer sad.

Jessie revealed her bre*st cancer diagnosis in May and got a full mastectomy in June. The Bang Bang singer opened up about the challenging time on Jamie Laing’s Great Company podcast.

“Yesterday I sobbed. I feel like I can’t be a mum to my son and I miss him. I feel like cancer has robbed me of memories with my boy,” she shared.

“I have missed stuff with the treatment and stuff moves so fast when you have a toddler. Some days are awful,” she explained.

“I had moments where I thought ‘this is going to go left and I’m going to die,” Jessie admitted.

But Jessie has a positive outlook about her situation and believes her struggle will teach her something that she can use to help others.

“But I weirdly kind of enjoy bad things happening to me sometimes as it means I need to grow. I believe bad things happen to me so I can help other people who will then go through it,” she said.

Before her surgery, the Flashlight hitmaker was cheered up by her concert audience’s heartwarming show of support.

“I wish everyone who has ever been diagnosed with anything scary could experience what I did at the Summertime Ball,” she gushed.

“I said that it was my last show before going off to beat cancer and the whole crowd erupted. That was all of them just giving me a hug,” she recalled.

“That euphoria and energy was… when I was put to sleep I replayed that moment in my head. It showed me that people just love each other. People held up signs saying ‘we love you’, ‘I’ve beat cancer twice’ and stuff like that,” Jessie continued.

Jessie J shares son Sky, two, with her boyfriend Chanan Safir Colman, whom she met in 2021.





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

YouTube and Fox end row, strike deal to keep channels on air

Published

on

YouTube and Fox end row, strike deal to keep channels on air


A picture taken in Toulouse shows the logo of Youtube social media displayed by a tablet and a smartphone October 5, 2021. — AFP

Alphabet-owned YouTube and Fox said on Thursday they have reached an agreement that will keep Fox News, Fox Sports and other Fox channels available to YouTube TV subscribers.

The companies did not disclose the financial terms of the agreement.

Earlier this week YouTube had been in negotiations with Fox, with the media company asking for payments above those received by partners providing comparable content.

On Wednesday, YouTube said it reached a short-term agreement with Fox that would buy time for the parties to reach a new distribution deal.

In February, YouTube TV reached a deal with media giant Paramount Global to keep channels like CBS, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon available, after failed negotiations for a new contract had briefly left the future of the streaming partnership in limbo.

The carriage dispute caught the attention of Federal Communications Commission Chairman Brendan Carr, who said that the company removing Fox channels from YouTube TV would be “a terrible outcome”.

“Millions of Americans are relying on YouTube to resolve this dispute so they can keep watching the news and sports they want — including this week’s Big Game: Texas @ Ohio State,” Carr wrote on Tuesday on the social media platform X. “Get a deal done Google!”





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Why did famous director decline to make ‘Terminator 3’?

Published

on

Why did famous director decline to make ‘Terminator 3’?


Ridley Scott claims to refuse big ‘Terminator 3’ offer

Jonathan Mostow served as the director of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, but before him, Ridley Scott was supposedly offered to helm.

According to the director’s claim, the studio put a hefty $20 million on the table for him to direct it, which was equivalent to Arnold Schwarzenger’s fees at the time, who was one of the highest-paid actors.

However, the Alien filmmaker, in a recent interview with The Guardian, stated that he declined the offer. 

“I can’t be bought,” he said, admitting to being surprised the studio offered him the fee, which he asked was what the franchise’s lead star was getting. “I thought: ‘**** me.’ But I couldn’t do it. It’s not my thing.”

Ridley Scott
Ridley Scott

However, passing down on the offer also had to do with his filming style, which he described by giving an example of a James Bond movie. 

“The essence of a Bond movie is fun and camp. Terminator is pure comic strip,” he said. “I would try to make it real,” he shared.

“That’s why they’ve never asked me to do a Bond movie, because I would **** it up,” the director said.

Ridley, at the end, confirmed that he is working on a third film in the Gladiator series.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sabrina Carpenter hoping to make her dream come true: Source

Published

on

Sabrina Carpenter hoping to make her dream come true: Source


Photo: Sabrina Carpenter eagerly waiting for her big screen moment: Source

Sabrina Carpenter reportedly is eyeing a role in the next Mamma Mia movie.

According to Star Magazine, the 26-year-old pop sensation, secretly has been hoping to join the hit ABBA-inspired franchise. 

“Sabrina’s been obsessed with ABBA since she was a little girl,” tipped a source. 

They went on to address, “So it’s no exaggeration to say this would be a dream come true for her.” 

For those unversed, The Espresso hitmaker has already brought her ABBA love to the stage, performing classics such as Dancing Queen during her set while opening for Taylor Swift on the Eras Tour.

However, the insider noted that while Carpenter “really wants” the part, she’s managing her expectations. 

“She’s trying not to get ahead of herself. She’s trusting that if it’s meant for her, it will happen.”

Whether or not she lands Mamma Mia, Hollywood seems ready to give Carpenter her big-screen moment. 

“She’s definitely going to be on the big screen soon because Hollywood is very interested,” the source added. 

“She’s already proven she can act, but she’s not resting on her laurels; she’s been studying with a great coach.”

Producer Judy Craymer even weighed in on the idea, telling Deadline in May that Carpenter “would be a goddess or some relation who would look very much like Meryl Streep” if she were to join the beloved franchise.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending