Connect with us

Sports

Transfer rumors, news: Casemiro to join Messi or Ronaldo when he leaves Man United?

Published

on

Transfer rumors, news: Casemiro to join Messi or Ronaldo when he leaves Man United?


Manchester United midfielder Casemiro will leave the club in the summer and is drawing interest from Lionel Messi‘s Inter Miami and Cristiano Ronaldo‘s Al Nassr, alongside a host of other clubs, while Real Madrid are attempting to beat Barcelona to the signing of Borussia Dortmund center back Nico Schlotterbeck.

Join us for the latest transfer news and rumors from around the globe.

Transfers home page | Men’s winter grades | Women’s grades

TRENDING RUMORS

Manchester United midfielder Casemiro is drawing interest from Lionel Messi‘s Inter Miami, The Sun reports. The MLS champions are one of several sides keen on signing him, alongside his childhood club, Sao Paulo, when he leaves Old Trafford at the end of the season on a free transfer. FC Porto and Cristiano Ronaldo‘s Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia are also reported to be among his admirers, although no decision over his long-term future has been made yet. The 33-year-old Brazil international had been at United since August 2022 when he signed from Real Madrid for a fee of €60 million.

– Real Madrid are attempting to beat Barcelona to the signing of Borussia Dortmund center back Nico Schlotterbeck, says AS reports that Real Madrid have lined up as their priority target this summer. Schlotterbeck, 26, is out of contract in June 2027 and wants to leave for a new challenge. The Germany international’s transfer is valued at €50 million and Madrid are looking to get ahead of their LaLiga rivals to reinforce their defense this summer.

Everton have made Chelsea striker Liam Delap their top summer target, according to Football Insider. Delap, 23, has struggled for regular game time since moving to West London last year in a £30 million deal from Ipswich Town. Toffees boss David Moyes remains “unconvinced” by the form of Beto and wants to bring in another forward to rival Thierno Barry. Delap has scored just one goal in the Premier League this season from 17 appearances, having largely played a backup role to João Pedro, and is under contract at Chelsea until 2031.

– Barcelona have sealed a deal to sign Norwich City youngster Ajay Tavares, Fabrizio Romano has revealed. The 16-year-old winger, who is an England youth international, rejected several approaches from clubs in the German Bundesliga, as he only had eyes for Barça. Tavares is set to arrive in Spain on Sunday and will undergo his medical at the club early next week.

– The agents of Bournemouth defender Marcos Senesi met with Roma and Borussia Dortmund this week, according to Nicolo Schira. The 28-year-old has already rejected several contract offers from Bournemouth, and is now expected to leave the Premier League club on a free transfer in the summer. Juventus are also said to be keen on signing Senesi, with Lloyd Kelly linked with a return to England.

EXPERT TAKE

play

1:20

Gomez: Obed Vargas’ Atletico Madrid move ‘amazing news for Mexican football’

Herculez Gomez reacts to Mexican midfielder Obed Vargas making the move to Atletico Madrid from MLS side Seattle Sounders.

OTHER RUMORS

– Contrary to recent reports, Bayern Munich have no interest in signing Manchester United forward Bruno Fernandes. (Christian Falk)

– Wolves are resigned to losing Mateus Mané this summer, with Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal keen on the 18-year-old forward. (Caught Offside)

– Arsenal and Liverpool have been dealt a transfer blow, as teenage forward Lennart Karl is expected to pen a long-term deal at Bayern Munich. (TEAMtalk)

– Nottingham Forest are exploring a loan move for Arsenal goalkeeper Tommy Setford. (Football Transfers)

– Several Premier League clubs, including Nottingham Forest, Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur, have sent their scouts to monitor Atalanta wonderkid Honest Ahanor. The 17-year-old defender is also being monitored by Napoli. (Nicolo Schira).

– Sparta Prague have agreed a deal to sign center back Viktor Vitályos from MTK Budapest. The Czech club are expected to pay €2 million to sign the youngster. (Fabrizio Romano)

– Former Tottenham striker Robbie Keane, who is the current manager of Ferencváros, is a contender to replace Oliver Glasner at Crystal Palace when the Austrian departs in the summer. (TalkSPORT)

– Aston Villa’s option to make Harvey Elliott‘s transfer permanent from Liverpool for £35 million can only be activated by Premier League appearances. (Sky Sports News)

– Sacramento Republic have signed MLS veteran midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye. (Tom Bogert)

– Atletico Madrid and Barcelona are monitoring young Real Betis defender Nobel Mendy, who is currently on loan at Rayo Vallecano. (Ekrem Konur)





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Transfer rumors, news: PSG inform Man City of Haaland interest

Published

on

Transfer rumors, news: PSG inform Man City of Haaland interest


Paris Saint-Germain have asked Manchester City to let them know if Erling Haaland ever becomes available, and LA Galaxy are linked with out-of-contract Philippe Coutinho.

Join us for the latest transfer news and rumors from around the globe.

Transfers home page | Men’s winter grades | Women’s grades

TRENDING RUMORS

Paris Saint-Germain are interested in Manchester City striker Erling Haaland, according to TeamTalk. It is believed that PSG have made multiple inquiries regarding to ask about future deal for the 25-year-old, and they have asked the Premier League club to keep them updated should a deal for him become possible. Their interest in Haaland is not related to the uncertainty surrounding the future of Ousmane Dembélé, who is yet to sign a new contract. It is reported that Dembele’s representatives have made contract with Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal to learn whether a switch would be feasible.

Manchester City and Barcelona are keeping close tabs on Eintracht Frankfurt left-back Nathaniel Brown, although the club will demand at least €65 million in any transfer deal, Sport Bild reports. The 22-year-old has linked with multiple clubs in Europe this season, having directly contributed to seven goals in 21 Bundesliga matches.

LA Galaxy are preparing to make an approach for free agent Philippe Coutinho. Diario AS reports that the Major League Soccer club plans to initiate talks with the representatives of the 33-year-old, who announced his exit from Vasco de Gama on Wednesday following mounting pressure from fans. Galaxy are looking to reinforce their squad as they continue to navigate another campaign without midfielder Riqui Puig. The 26-year-old has been ruled out through injury after sustaining a torn ACL in November 2024, and he isn’t expected to return to action until 2027.

Barcelona remain keen on Atlético Madrid forward Julián Álvarez, per Diario Sport. The 26-year-old is reportedly one of the top names on the club’s shortlist amid plans to sign a striker, though there is still belief that a deal could be difficult to secure. Meanwhile, Tuttosport reports that Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic is prioritising a move to the Barça amid interest from clubs in the Premier League as well as AC Milan, but it looks as though a switch to the Camp Nou would only take place if they fail to land other options. Vlahovic, 26, is set to be out of contract in the summer.

Manchester City attacking midfielder Bernardo Silva is attracting interest from Atlético Madrid, according to TeamTalk. The LaLiga club are reportedly one of the the latest teams to show interest in signing the 31-year-old, who is also on the radar of Juventus and Barcelona. Silva arrived at the Etihad Stadium from Monaco in 2017, and with his contract set to expire in the summer, he has also been linked with a potential switch to the Saudi Pro League.

OTHER RUMORS

play

1:01

Nicol: Arsenal’s defending is no longer their strength

Steve Nicol says Arsenal’s defending has gone from their greatest strength to their biggest weakness after giving up a two-goal lead against Wolves.

– Manchester United could consider offers for midfielder Bruno Fernandes in the summer. (Caught Offside)

– Bayern Munich are among multiple top clubs in Europe interested in Hertha Berlin midfielder Kennet Eichhorn. (Florian Plettenberg)

– Aston Villa are looking at Fulham attacking midfielder Harry Wilson. (Daily Telegraph)

– Bayern Munich could be willing to let defender Kim Min-jae leave amid interest from Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur. (Christian Falk)

– Juventus manager Luciano Spalletti is keen to keep hold of defender Lloyd Kelly. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

– Royal Charleroi midfielder Parfait Guiagon is attracting interest from Charlotte FC, Orlando City, and Championship clubs in England. (Ekrem Konur)

– Newcastle and Everton are tracking Lens right-back Saud Abdulhamid, who is on loan from AS Roma. (Team Talk)

– Juventus could consider parting ways with winger Edon Zhegrova in the summer. (Nicolo Schira)

– Former Real Madrid head coach Xabi Alonso has dismissed interest from Marseille, with plans to take time before returning to management. (Fabrizio Romano)

– Celtic remain keen on signing current Portugal head coach Roberto Martinez as their next manager. (Football Insider)



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Floyd Mayweather to come out of retirement again

Published

on

Floyd Mayweather to come out of retirement again


US boxer great Floyd Mayweather takes part in a training session at a gym in Tokyo. — Reuters/File

Former multi-weight world boxing champion Floyd Mayweather will come out of retirement this year for his first official fight in nearly a decade, his new promotion CSI Sports/Fight Sports said on Friday, though his opponent has yet to be decided.

Before his official return, Mayweather is set for an exhibition bout with fellow boxing great Mike Tyson, with the date and venue still to be announced.

“I still have what it takes to set more records in the sport of boxing — from my upcoming Mike Tyson event to my next professional fight afterwards — no one will generate a bigger gate, have a larger global broadcast audience and generate more money with each event — than my events,” Mayweather, 48, said in a statement on his new promotion’s website.

It will mark the American’s fourth comeback from retirement, following previous exits in 2007, 2015 and 2017 — the last after beating Conor McGregor to extend his record to 50-0. He has, however, fought several exhibitions since.

Across a three-decade career, Mayweather defeated many of his era’s top fighters and headlined the three highest‑grossing bouts in history, against Manny Pacquiao, McGregor and Canelo Alvarez.





Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Lionel Messi set to play in Miami’s season opener in Los Angeles

Published

on

Lionel Messi set to play in Miami’s season opener in Los Angeles


Inter Miami CF head coach Javier Mascherano confirmed Lionel Messi will be available to feature in the Major League Soccer season opener against Los Angeles FC on Saturday night.

“Messi is fine; he’s been training at the same level as the rest of the team all week,” said Mascherano on Friday. “He’s been doing well and has had very positive feelings. So, he’s going away well prepared, just like the rest of the team.”

The forward’s participation in this match was originally in doubt after suffering a muscle strain in his left hamstring during the preseason game against Barcelona SC on February 7. Though Messi started the friendly, he left the pitch in the 58th minute to watch from the sidelines.

MLS team-by-team preview: Why is 2026 your team’s year?
– Arnold: Can anyone stop Messi’s Miami from going back-to-back?

Inter Miami subsequently chose to reschedule the final preseason friendly against Independiente del Valle in Puerto Rico to Feb. 26, instead of the original date of Feb. 13.

Messi has returned to training with the rest of the squad since suffering the strain.

The coach later emphasized that “all players who traveled with the team” to California will be available for selection, including newly signed Designated Player Germán Berterame and now-permanent Inter Miami figure Tadeo Allende.

Mascherano went on to admit that the team expects a difficult game against LAFC, given the caliber of players on both sides of the field.

“It’s clear, though, that they are two great teams, and of course, given the caliber of their players and what they represent in the league, they are two teams that, on paper, should be contenders,” said Mascherano.

“You always imagine the ideal game, and the ideal game for us would be the complete opposite of that, a back-and-forth affair. It would be about controlling the game, having long spells of possession, and preventing Los Angeles from making transitions because they need to get forward quickly.”

Inter Miami enters the 2026 campaign as the reigning MLS champions, having lifted the 2025 MLS Cup by defeating the Vancouver Whitecaps. The team will now compete in the Concacaf Champions Cup, Leagues Cup and Campeones Cup in addition to the MLS regular season.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending