Connect with us

Entertainment

Rob Reiner and wife found dead in their Los Angeles home: What to know

Published

on

Rob Reiner and wife found dead in their Los Angeles home: What to know


Hollywood director and actor Rob Reiner and his wife, Michele, were found dead inside their Los Angeles home on Sunday afternoon, sources told CBS News, in what police are investigating as an apparent homicide. 

“It is with profound sorrow that we announce the tragic passing of Michele and Rob Reiner. We are heartbroken by this sudden loss, and we ask for privacy during this unbelievably difficult time,” said Reiner’s family in a statement obtained by Variety.

Rob Reiner and wife Michele Singer Reiner at the Human Rights Campaign’s 2025 Los Angeles dinner on March 22, 2025.

Christopher Polk/Variety via Getty Images


Los Angeles police launch investigation

Los Angeles Police Department Robbery Homicide Division detectives were called to the couple’s Brentwood home at around 3:40 p.m. Sunday after learning that two people had been found dead. They responded to the property after being asked to by Los Angeles Fire Department crews, who were the first to be called to the scene. 

Reiner, 78, and his wife, Michele Singer Reiner, 68, were later identified as the victims, sources told CBS News. LAPD detectives still haven’t publicly identified the deceased or provided the circumstances surrounding their deaths.

During a news conference on Sunday night, LAPD Deputy Chief Allen Hamilton said that they had not identified a suspect “at this time.” Hamilton said they were “not seeking anyone as a suspect, or as a person of interest or in any other manner, and we will not be doing that until we conduct our investigation and move forward.”

Rob Reiner’s legendary life and career in Hollywood

Reiner first gained fame in the CBS sitcom “All in the Family,” in which he played Archie Bunker’s son-in-law Mike “Meathead” Stivic. He won two Emmys for the role before he went on to star in “Sleepless in Seattle,” “The Wolf of Wall Street,” “Everyone’s Hero” and “The First Wives Club.”

Reiner is highly regarded for directing multiple classic films, including “The Princess Bride,” “Misery,” “A Few Good Men,” “Stand By Me” and “When Harry Met Sally…” He also wrote and directed the mockumentary “This is Spinal Tap,” which was followed by a sequel, “Spinal Tap II: The End Continues,” which was released in September. 

Over the course of his six-decade career, Reiner was nominated for seven Primetime Emmy Awards, eight Golden Globes and one Academy Award. 

He is the son of Carl Reiner, the iconic comedian and actor who had a career spanning decades. Along with starring in films like “Oh God!,” “It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World,” “Ocean’s Eleven” and its sequels, he is also the creator of the “Dick Van Dyke Show.” He died in 2020 at 98 years old

In 2017, Carl and Rob became the first father-son duo to be memorialized outside the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, when they left their handprints and footprints in the cement. 

Reiner married his wife, Michele, in 1989, after they met during the filming of “When Harry Met Sally…” In 2016, Reiner told the AV Club during an interview that meeting Michele led to him changing the end of the movie, in which Harry and Sally end up together.

Michele was a photographer who took the photo of President Trump that was used on the cover of his book “The Art of the Deal,” according to Variety.

They had three children together.

Reiner was previously married to the late director Penny Marshall, and is the adoptive father of her daughter, actress Tracy Reiner. 

Rob Reiner and Michelle Singer at “Spinal Tap II: The End Continues” Los Angeles Premiere held at The Egyptian Theatre on September 09, 2025 in Los Angeles, California.

Michael Buckner/Variety via Getty Images


Hollywood stars and politicians react

The family of Norman Lear, the legendary producer of “All in the Family” who died in 2023 at 101, shared a statement upon learning of the Reiners’ deaths. 

“The Lear Family is devastated by the deaths of Rob and Michele Reiner. Norman often referred to Rob as a son, and their close relationship was extraordinary, to us and the world,” the Lear Family statement said. “Norman would have wanted to remind us that Rob and Michele spent every breath trying to make this country a better place, and they pursued that through their art, their activism, their philanthropy, and their love for family and friends.”

Former President Barack Obama posted on X, noting that he and his wife, Michelle, were “heartbroken by the tragic passing.” 

“Rob’s achievements in film and television gave us some of our most cherished stories on screen. But beneath all of the stories he produced was a deep belief in the goodness of people—and a lifelong commitment to putting that belief into action,” the post said. “Together, he and his wife lived lives defined by purpose. They will be remembered for the values they championed and the countless people they inspired. We send our deepest condolences to all who loved them.”

Actor Sean Astin, the newly elected president of the Screen Actors’ Guild, called Rob Reiner “one of those most significant figures in the history of film and television.” He said Reiner’s impact on American culture “simply can’t be overstated.”  

California Gov. Gavin Newsom issued a statement on behalf of himself and his wife, Jennifer Siebel Newsom, saying that they are “heartbroken by the tragic loss of Rob Reiner and Michele Singer Reiner.”

“Rob was the big-hearted genius behind so many of the classic stories we love, with projects as wide-ranging as ‘The Princess Bride’ to ‘A Few Good Men,'” Newsom said. “His boundless empathy made his stories timeless, teaching generations how to see goodness and righteousness in others – and encouraging us to dream bigger.”

Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass said in a statement that, “This is a devastating loss for our city and country. Rob Reiner’s contributions reverberate throughout American culture and society, and he has improved countless lives through his creative work and advocacy fighting for social and economic justice. An acclaimed actor, director, producer, writer, and engaged political activist, he always used his gifts in service of others.” 

A statement from former House Speaker and current Rep. Nancy Pelosi called the news “devastating.”

“It’s hard to think of anyone more remarkable and excellent in every field and endeavor they pursued. Rob was creative, funny, and beloved. And in all of their endeavors, Michelle was his indispensable partner, intellectual resource, and loving wife,” said her post on X. 



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Two Americans arrested at Japanese zoo

Published

on

Two Americans arrested at Japanese zoo


Viral ‘Punch’ monkey incident: Two Americans arrested at Japanese zoo

Japanese authorities have taken two Americans into custody after a disruptive stunt at Ichikawa zoo.

The two men frightened a young monkey, globally known as “Punch”, who amassed a million views due to his viral story.

As confirmed by Japanese police, the individuals are 24-year-old and 27-year-old and identified themselves as a college student and a singer, respectively.

The student climbed the barrier and entered the monkey’s enclosure, while the singer filmed the act.

The video clip from social media showed the intruder dressed in a costume with a big smiley face and sunglasses, causing chaos among the monkeys, which had scattered throughout the enclosure.

According to zoo officials, the man had no direct contact with the animals and was promptly escorted out by zoo personnel. No injuries were incurred by either the animals or the people. 

Both men were apprehended by the police on suspicion of “forcible obstruction of business,” a crime which they deny committing. The police added that the suspects initially tried to provide false identities.

Punch, who is now nine months old, became an internet sensation after he clung to a stuffed orangutan toy after his mother abandoned him.

Zoo authorities gave him the toy to comfort him.

His case aroused widespread sympathy and attracted many visitors to the zoo, including people from other countries.

As a result of this case, zoo management decided to introduce tougher security measures. These will involve expanding restricted viewing areas, installing protective nets, and perhaps even banning filming around the area. 





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Here’s how to get 15GB

Published

on

Here’s how to get 15GB


Google lowers free Gmail storage to 5GB: Here’s how to get 15GB

Google is set to roll out a controversial change for new Gmail account users.

The company is slashing the free cloud storage for new Gmail accounts from 15GB to 5GB.

However, to unlock 15GB of free storage, users are required to verify their phone numbers with their accounts.

The new update is currently being tested for limited regions, including several African countries.

New users who do not link their phone numbers will only be eligible for 5GB of free storage shared across Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos.

This policy has received backlash right away. According to industry analysts, the reason behind this move is twofold: firstly, to prevent spamming by assigning unique phone numbers to each user; secondly, to encourage more users to subscribe to Google One paid subscription plans. 

With 15 GB of storage already being difficult for some users, 5 GB will be too little.

How to link your phone number to your Gmail account?

If you are using a computer, open a browser and go to your Google Account. Click on “personal info” in the left-hand menu and scroll down to “contact info” and click “phone.” Select “add recovery phone.” Enter phone number and verify code received via SMS.

To link via Android/ iPhone, open your device’s “Settings app.” Tap “Google” or “Manage your Google Account.” At the top, select “Personal info.” Scroll to the “contact info” and tap “Phone.” Enter your “password” to confirm and type “verification code” to confirm your phone number.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Katsuhiro Otomo gives major update on ‘Orbital Era’ with new studio

Published

on

Katsuhiro Otomo gives major update on ‘Orbital Era’ with new studio


Katsuhiro Otomo gives major update on Orbital Era with new studio

Katsuhiro Otomo has started a new animation studio called Oval Gear and it quickly caught the attention of anime fans around the world.

The move brought new hope for his long delayed film Orbital Era, which was first started buzzing about a few years ago but never fully updated.

The studio has now gone live with its official website and fans noticed something important right away.

The site, however, shows visuals that match Orbital Era, including a space themed character that was previously linked to the film. This made many people believe that the project may finally be active again.

Oval Gear explains on its website that the studio was created to pass on Otomo’s creative style to new artists while also building new anime projects for the future.

It also says the studio wants to share new stories with global audiences.

Another key detail is that the studio is hiring new staff, as this usually means work is starting behind the scenes and a project is being built step by step.

Fans have been waiting for years because Otomo has not directed a major anime film in a long time, as his last major anime work was connected to Short Peace in 2013.

With this new studio launch, excitement has returned and many now believe Orbital Era could finally move closer to becoming a real film.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending