Entertainment
IHC orders to re-record witnesses’ statements in Imaan Mazari controversial tweets case
- Hadi appears in court; Imaan represented by lawyers.
- SC instructed hearing of both parties before verdict.
- Verdict can be given based on available record: AAG.
The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Tuesday directed the trial court, seized with controversial social media posts case against Imaan Mazari and her husband Hadi Ali Chattha, to re-record witnesses’ statements within three days.
IHC Justice Mohammed Azam Khan issued the directives while hearing a petition filed by Mazari, challenging the trial court’s November 19 order. Chatha appeared before the court, while Mazari was represented by her lawyers.
“Merit is not being considered. We are directing the trial court to re-record the witnesses’ testimonies within three days […] Supreme Court has directed us to decide the matter at the earliest,” Justice Azam Khan remarked while hearing the case.
Defence counsel Riasat Ali told the court that the Supreme Court had instructed that both parties be heard before a decision.
During the hearing, the assistant attorney general said that all records were present before the court and argued that the testimonies recorded so far were legally valid. “All records are before the court. A verdict can be made based on them,” he said.
The IHC judge raised questions about trial procedures and the presence of legal representatives. “If Imaan Mazari was not present in court, was her pleader present?” Justice Azam Khan asked.
The court also sought clarification on the timeline for re-recording the testimonies. “How long will it take to re-record the testimonies?” Justice Azam Khan asked the defence counsel.
Advocate Riasat requested more time, saying that arguments on merit would be presented by Faisal Siddiqui. “If we are to hear the matter on merit, we need time. Faisal Siddiqui will present the arguments,” he said.
Justice Azam Khan instructed that the case be adjourned till tomorrow and asked Faisal Siddiqui to appear for arguments.
Meanwhile, the apex court, last week, issued directives to halt the trial of lawyer Mazari and her husband in the controversial tweets case.
A three-member SC bench comprising Justice Hashim Khan Kakar, Justice Salahuddin Panhwar and Justice Ishtiaq Ibrahim heard and accepted Mazari’s plea against the Islamabad High Court verdict which had dismissed the lawyer’s plea seeking to stop the trial in the additional sessions judge’s court.
The court, in its verdict, said that the trial in the said case should be halted till the decision of the IHC.
Mazari and Chattha were booked in a case registered by the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency (NCCIA) under Sections 9, 10, 11 and 26 of the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act (Peca), 2016 and were subsequently indicted on October 30.
Entertainment
Thomas Massie faces Trump-backed challenger in GOP primary: Can he win?
Can GOP Representative Thomas Massie pull out a win in one of the most challenging primaries of his political career as he is takes on President Donald Trump’s fury alongside the president-backed opponent?
Rep. Massie, who has been a constant thorn in the side of Republican leaders for highlighting the issues that other politicians usually want buried, is all set to contest in GOP primaries in Kentucky’s 4th Congressional District on Tuesday, May 19, 2026.
He has represented Kentucky’s 4th Congressional District in the House for eight terms.
Massie has openly expressed opposition to the U.S. war against Iran and repeatedly highlighted the Epstein files issue, prompting President Trump to handpick his opponent in a bid to unseat the GOP politician.
The 55-year-old politician will contest the elections against former Navy SEAL and fifth-generation farmer, Ed Gallrein, in the most expensive House primary in history in terms of ad spending.
According to AdlImpact, the ad spending in the primaries has crossed a whopping $32 million, most donated and spent by Pro-Trump and Pro-Israel organisations for negative ads against Massie, reports NBC News.
In an interview with the outlet, Massie said, “People aren’t going to be voting for me or voting for him on election day. They are either going to be voting for me or voting against me.”
Entertainment
What to expect from "Survivor 50" finale
Rob Cesternino, a 2-time “Survivor” castaway, talks about the upcoming “Survivor 50” finale, who he think will make the final three and who is his favorite to win the game.
Source link
Entertainment
Two Americans arrested at Japanese zoo
Japanese authorities have taken two Americans into custody after a disruptive stunt at Ichikawa zoo.
The two men frightened a young monkey, globally known as “Punch”, who amassed a million views due to his viral story.
As confirmed by Japanese police, the individuals are 24-year-old and 27-year-old and identified themselves as a college student and a singer, respectively.
The student climbed the barrier and entered the monkey’s enclosure, while the singer filmed the act.
The video clip from social media showed the intruder dressed in a costume with a big smiley face and sunglasses, causing chaos among the monkeys, which had scattered throughout the enclosure.
According to zoo officials, the man had no direct contact with the animals and was promptly escorted out by zoo personnel. No injuries were incurred by either the animals or the people.
Both men were apprehended by the police on suspicion of “forcible obstruction of business,” a crime which they deny committing. The police added that the suspects initially tried to provide false identities.
Punch, who is now nine months old, became an internet sensation after he clung to a stuffed orangutan toy after his mother abandoned him.
Zoo authorities gave him the toy to comfort him.
His case aroused widespread sympathy and attracted many visitors to the zoo, including people from other countries.
As a result of this case, zoo management decided to introduce tougher security measures. These will involve expanding restricted viewing areas, installing protective nets, and perhaps even banning filming around the area.
-
Entertainment6 days agoConan O’Brien hat tricks as Oscar host
-
Tech1 week agoCould Contact-Tracing Apps Help With the Hantavirus? Not Really
-
Fashion5 days agoItaly’s Zegna Group’s Q1 growth boosted by strong organic performance
-
Entertainment1 week agoMartin Short: Facing tragedy with joy
-
Entertainment1 week agoTom Brady gets back at Kevin Hart during Netflix roast
-
Sports1 week agoJacob Fatu unleashes vicious assault on Roman Reigns after World Heavyweight Championship loss at WWE Backlash
-
Entertainment1 week agoMartha Stewart: How to make an omelet
-
Tech1 week agoPapa Johns Is Getting Into Drone Delivery—but Not for Pizza
