Connect with us

Entertainment

Lt Col among two security personnel martyred in Bannu IBO: ISPR

Published

on

Lt Col among two security personnel martyred in Bannu IBO: ISPR


Collage showing  Lieutenant Colonel Shahzada Gul Faraz (left) and Sepoy Karamat Shah. — ISPR
  • Taliban regime failed to prevent militants from using Afghan soil: ISPR
  • Military warns of ops against perpetrators, irrespective of location.
  • IBO followed Bajaur attack on Feb 17, martyring 11 personnel.

Security forces gunned down five terrorists belonging to the India-backed “Fitna al-Khwarij” during an intelligence-based operation (IBO) in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Bannu district, while two soldiers, including a lieutenant colonel, embraced martyrdom after their convoy was targeted by militants, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Saturday.

The military’s media wing stated that the operation was conducted following reports of the presence of terrorists, including a suicide bomber.

A vehicle-borne suicide bomber was intercepted by the leading group, foiling his plan to target innocent civilians or law enforcement personnel in Bannu City and averting a major catastrophe, the military said.

During the operation, the terrorists were located, and after an intense exchange of fire, five militants were killed by the security forces. In a desperate act, the terrorists rammed an explosive-laden vehicle into one of the vehicles of the leading group.

“As a result, Lt Colonel Shahzada Gul Faraz (43), a resident of district Mansehra and a brave commanding officer known for his daring leadership at the front, embraced shahadat along with Sepoy Karamat Shah (28), a resident of district Peshawar,” the ISPR added.

The military’s media wing said that the Afghan Taliban regime has once again failed to prevent militants from using Afghan soil for terrorist activities inside Pakistan, even during the holy month of Ramadan.

“Pakistan will not exercise any restraint, and operations will continue against the perpetrators of this heinous and cowardly act, irrespective of their location,” the ISPR added.

The statement further said, “The counter-terrorism campaign under Vision Azm-e-Istehkam by the security forces and law enforcement agencies of Pakistan will continue at full pace to eliminate the menace of foreign-sponsored terrorism. The sacrifices of our brave soldiers further reinforce our unwavering commitment to safeguarding the nation at all costs.”

The IBO followed a terrorist attack in Bajaur district on February 17, carried out by Indian proxies, in which 11 personnel embraced martyrdom while 12 militants were gunned down by security forces.

Since the Taliban regained control of Afghanistan in 2021, Pakistan has seen an increase in cross-border terrorist activity, particularly in the provinces of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Balochistan, which share a border with Afghanistan.

In a press briefing on January 6, ISPR Director General Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry revealed that law enforcement agencies carried out a total of 75,175 intelligence-based operations (IBOs) across the country in 2025.

Breaking it down regionally, he stated that KP witnessed 14,658 IBOs, Balochistan accounted for 58,778, and the remaining 1,739 operations took place across other parts of Pakistan.

Lt Gen Chaudhry reported that a total of 5,397 terrorist incidents occurred nationwide last year. KP accounted for the majority with 3,811 incidents, Balochistan recorded 1,557, and only 29 incidents were reported in the rest of the country.

He added that counterterrorism operations resulted in the elimination of 2,597 terrorists over the year. Highlighting the impact of these attacks, he detailed 10 major terror incidents targeting civilians and other soft targets, all of which involved militants operating from Afghanistan.





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Cruz Beckham marks 21st birthday with romantic serenade for girlfriend

Published

on

Cruz Beckham marks 21st birthday with romantic serenade for girlfriend


 Jackie Apostel paid tribute to Cruz on his milestone birthday

Cruz Beckham shared loved-up moments with his girlfriend, Jackie Apostel, as he celebrated his 21st birthday. 

The young musician is filmed leading Apostel in an acoustic rendition of the much covered love song Somethin’ Stupid, originally recorded by Carson and Gaile and made famous by Frank and Nancy Sinatra, who turned it into an international hit in 1967. 

The sweet moment between the couple was shared by Apostel across social media as she paid tribute to Cruz on his milestone birthday.

Captioning the posts, she wrote: ‘happy birthday @cruzbeckham I beyond love you. Here’s a few videos of you in your element… saved the best for last.’ 

Meanwhile, Cruz parents, Sir David Beckham and Victoria Beckham, shared birthday tributes for their son. In a post filled with praise for the young musician, David wrote:

‘Happy 21st birthday to my little boy,’ he wrote. ‘Not so little anymore but the proudest thing that I am of you is the person and man that you have become, you are kind, considerate and fiercely loyal to your family, friends and everyone around you which makes you a very special person.

‘You are on your own journey in life and you are working hard and having fun which is what life is all about… We love you Cruzie and hope you have the most amazing day because you deserve to.’

Signing off with a reference to his wife, he added: ‘Well done mum on bringing up another special young man.’

Sharing a video filled with personal family moments, Victoria added: ‘Happy birthday…. we could not be prouder of the sweet, kind, talented young man you have become.

Elsewhere, older Romeo shared a throwback photo of himself and an infant Cruz alongside their fashion designer mother, with the accompanying caption: ‘Love you bro.’





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Michelle Keegan channels Hollywood glam with Jennifer Aniston’s inspired look

Published

on

Michelle Keegan channels Hollywood glam with Jennifer Aniston’s inspired look


Michelle is gearing up to make a Hollywood debut in the film adaptation of Reese Witherspoon 

Michelle Keegan has shared her latest hair transformation, and it’s giving Hollywood vibes. 

The actress, 38, took to her Instagram Stories on Friday to show fans her new Jennifer Aniston inspired ‘Rachel’ haircut on Friday.

The former Coronation Street star looked stunning with long, layered balayage locks and captioned the photo: ‘In my Rachel era.’

Her look closely resembled Jennifer Aniston’s hair on later seasons of Friends where she played Rachel Green. 

As far Michelle’s career, she is gearing up to make a Hollywood debut in the film adaptation of Reese Witherspoon and Harlan Coben’s new novel, and it seems preparations could be underway. 

Michelle Keegans official Instagram account
Michelle Keegan’s official Instagram account

In an update shared to her Instagram Story on Wednesday, Michelle revealed she had touched down in California as she headed out to lunch.

Her latest trip comes after she enjoyed a sun-soaked winter getaway to the Middle East with her husband Mark Wright and their 10-month-old daughter, Palma





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Mia Goth wants betterment in ex Shia LaBeouf’s life

Published

on

Mia Goth wants betterment in ex Shia LaBeouf’s life


Mia Goth wants betterment in ex Shia LaBeouf’s life

Following the recent arrest of Shia LaBeouf during Mardi Gras celebrations, his former partner Mia Goth is reportedly urging the actor to seek professional help. 

The actress is said to be hoping for a positive change in LaBeouf’s life, specifically suggesting he returns to rehab to address ongoing personal challenges.

The call for betterment comes as the 39-year-old actor faces fresh legal trouble in New Orleans. 

His mugshot was released on Friday by the Orleans Parish Sheriff’s Office after he was taken into custody on 17 February. 

Authorities booked him on two counts of simple battery following an alleged confrontation at the Royal Street Inn & R Bar in the French Quarter. 

According to reports, the situation began early Monday evening when the actor allegedly used homophobic slurs inside the venue.

The situation has clearly sparked concern for Goth, who split from LaBeouf about a year ago. 

The pair, who have had a long and often turbulent history since meeting in 2012, share a three-year-old daughter named Isabel. 

While LaBeouf has previously been open about his journey with sobriety and his recent conversion to Catholicism, this latest incident suggests he may still be struggling.

Just days before the arrest, the actor had shared a rare selfie of himself enjoying the carnival festivities. 

He later posted a brief “Free me” message to social media following his release from jail. 

However, with a court appearance now scheduled for 19 March, those close to him are reportedly hoping he chooses a path of recovery rather than further controversy.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending