Connect with us

Entertainment

Messi likely to return for Inter Miami against Galaxy

Published

on

Messi likely to return for Inter Miami against Galaxy


Inter Miami CF’s Lionel Messi reacts during a FIFA Club World Cup – Group A match against Palmeiras at Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida, US on June 23, 2025. — Reuters

MIAMI: Inter Miami fans can breathe a sigh of relief as Lionel Messi is likely to return when the team take on the LA Galaxy in a Major League Soccer clash that will launch a key stretch for the Florida club, coach Javier Mascherano said on Friday. 

After sitting out with a minor muscle injury, the Argentine star is back in training and looks set to step back onto the pitch. Supporters will be keeping their fingers crossed, hoping he gives the team a much-needed boost in this important clash.

Following Saturday’s Galaxy match, Miami plays Mexican club Tigres UANL on Wednesday in the Leagues Cup quarter-finals.

“Leo is doing well,” Mascherano told reporters on Friday before training. “He has been training with the team since Wednesday. Unless something strange happens during today’s training session, we think he’ll be available for tomorrow’s game.”

Eight-time Ballon d’Or winner Messi suffered a “minor muscle injury,” apparently a hamstring strain, in the 11th minute of Inter’s August 2 Leagues Cup match against Necaxa.

The 38-year-old Argentine superstar returns as the Herons vie to bounce back from a humbling 4-1 loss to Orlando City last weekend.

Inter have slipped to sixth in the MLS Eastern Conference with 42 points – nine behind leaders Philadelphia but with three matches in hand.

Messi, the reigning MLS Most Valuable Player, leads the Golden Boot race with 18 goals and nine assists in 18 games.

Miami will be favoured at home against the Galaxy, who are the defending MLS Cup champions but have sunk to last place with the league’s worst record.

The Galaxy, however, did qualify for the Leagues Cup quarter-finals, and Mascherano cautioned that Miami can’t afford to take them lightly.

“For me, they’re a team in which the MLS standings don’t reflect their quality, especially the quality of their players,” Mascherano said.

“The reality is that maybe they didn’t start the season well because of injuries and different situations. But they’ve improved a lot over the last few months.”





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

YouTube and Fox end row, strike deal to keep channels on air

Published

on

YouTube and Fox end row, strike deal to keep channels on air


A picture taken in Toulouse shows the logo of Youtube social media displayed by a tablet and a smartphone October 5, 2021. — AFP

Alphabet-owned YouTube and Fox said on Thursday they have reached an agreement that will keep Fox News, Fox Sports and other Fox channels available to YouTube TV subscribers.

The companies did not disclose the financial terms of the agreement.

Earlier this week YouTube had been in negotiations with Fox, with the media company asking for payments above those received by partners providing comparable content.

On Wednesday, YouTube said it reached a short-term agreement with Fox that would buy time for the parties to reach a new distribution deal.

In February, YouTube TV reached a deal with media giant Paramount Global to keep channels like CBS, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon available, after failed negotiations for a new contract had briefly left the future of the streaming partnership in limbo.

The carriage dispute caught the attention of Federal Communications Commission Chairman Brendan Carr, who said that the company removing Fox channels from YouTube TV would be “a terrible outcome”.

“Millions of Americans are relying on YouTube to resolve this dispute so they can keep watching the news and sports they want — including this week’s Big Game: Texas @ Ohio State,” Carr wrote on Tuesday on the social media platform X. “Get a deal done Google!”





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Why did famous director decline to make ‘Terminator 3’?

Published

on

Why did famous director decline to make ‘Terminator 3’?


Ridley Scott claims to refuse big ‘Terminator 3’ offer

Jonathan Mostow served as the director of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, but before him, Ridley Scott was supposedly offered to helm.

According to the director’s claim, the studio put a hefty $20 million on the table for him to direct it, which was equivalent to Arnold Schwarzenger’s fees at the time, who was one of the highest-paid actors.

However, the Alien filmmaker, in a recent interview with The Guardian, stated that he declined the offer. 

“I can’t be bought,” he said, admitting to being surprised the studio offered him the fee, which he asked was what the franchise’s lead star was getting. “I thought: ‘**** me.’ But I couldn’t do it. It’s not my thing.”

Ridley Scott
Ridley Scott

However, passing down on the offer also had to do with his filming style, which he described by giving an example of a James Bond movie. 

“The essence of a Bond movie is fun and camp. Terminator is pure comic strip,” he said. “I would try to make it real,” he shared.

“That’s why they’ve never asked me to do a Bond movie, because I would **** it up,” the director said.

Ridley, at the end, confirmed that he is working on a third film in the Gladiator series.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sabrina Carpenter hoping to make her dream come true: Source

Published

on

Sabrina Carpenter hoping to make her dream come true: Source


Photo: Sabrina Carpenter eagerly waiting for her big screen moment: Source

Sabrina Carpenter reportedly is eyeing a role in the next Mamma Mia movie.

According to Star Magazine, the 26-year-old pop sensation, secretly has been hoping to join the hit ABBA-inspired franchise. 

“Sabrina’s been obsessed with ABBA since she was a little girl,” tipped a source. 

They went on to address, “So it’s no exaggeration to say this would be a dream come true for her.” 

For those unversed, The Espresso hitmaker has already brought her ABBA love to the stage, performing classics such as Dancing Queen during her set while opening for Taylor Swift on the Eras Tour.

However, the insider noted that while Carpenter “really wants” the part, she’s managing her expectations. 

“She’s trying not to get ahead of herself. She’s trusting that if it’s meant for her, it will happen.”

Whether or not she lands Mamma Mia, Hollywood seems ready to give Carpenter her big-screen moment. 

“She’s definitely going to be on the big screen soon because Hollywood is very interested,” the source added. 

“She’s already proven she can act, but she’s not resting on her laurels; she’s been studying with a great coach.”

Producer Judy Craymer even weighed in on the idea, telling Deadline in May that Carpenter “would be a goddess or some relation who would look very much like Meryl Streep” if she were to join the beloved franchise.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending