Connect with us

Entertainment

Rob and Michele Reiner’s children speak out after brother arrested in parents’ murder. Read their statement.

Published

on

Rob and Michele Reiner’s children speak out after brother arrested in parents’ murder. Read their statement.


Rob Reiner and Michele Singer Reiner’s two other children have spoken out for the first time as their brother, Nick Reiner, appeared in court to face charges for the murders of his parents. 

Jake and Romy Reiner released the following statement on Wednesday:

“Words cannot even begin to describe the unimaginable pain we are experiencing every moment of the day. The horrific and devastating loss of our parents, Rob and Michele Reiner, is something that no one should ever experience. They weren’t just our parents; they were our best friends.

“We are grateful for the outpouring of condolences, kindness, and support we have received not only from family and friends but people from all walks of life. We now ask for respect and privacy, for speculation to be tempered with compassion and humanity, and for our parents to be remembered for the incredible lives they lived and the love they gave.”

Jake Reiner, Romy Reiner, Rob Reiner and Michele Singer Reiner attend the 75th Primetime Emmy Awards at the Peacock Theater on Jan. 15, 2024, in Los Angeles.

Neilson Barnard / Getty Images


Rob Reiner had another adopted child, Tracy Reiner, from his previous marriage to actress Penny Marshall. The two were together for 10 years beginning in 1971.

The “When Harry Met Sally…” director met Michele Singer, a photographer, while working on the romantic comedy. In a 2016 interview with AV Club, he said meeting her was what made him change the ending of the movie, to have Harry and Sally end up together.

The couple got married in 1989, the same year the film was released. They had three children together.

Their youngest, 28-year-old Romy Reiner, is a photographer and an artist.

Jake Romy, 34, their eldest, was a news reporter in Texas and California, including at CBS Los Angeles, before he followed in his father’s footsteps. He acted in a few TV shows and films, including “Being Charlie,” which was directed by his father.

Nick Reiner was also credited in “Being Charlie” as a writer. The film, which told the story of a teenager struggling with drug addiction and rehab, was “loosely based on things Nick went through and his relationship to me and his mother,” Rob Reiner said in a 2016 AOL interview alongside his son. “It was intense. It was difficult at times.”

The 32-year-old has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder with special circumstances in the killing of his parents, who were found dead in their home over the weekend, according to Los Angeles County District Attorney Nathan Hochman. The DA said the charges carry a maximum sentence of life in prison without parole or the death penalty, but that his office hasn’t decided which to pursue.

The district attorney’s office confirmed in a statement that Rob and Michele Reiner were stabbed to death. It wasn’t clear as of Wednesday morning when exactly the attack happened, or how long the couple had been dead before their bodies were discovered on Sunday. The day before, they had gone to a party at Conan O’Brien’s, where Rob and Nick Reiner had a brief but loud argument, sources who were there told CBS News.

Nick Reiner has not entered a plea. He appeared in court on Wednesday and only said, “yes, your honor,” to agree to the arraignment date. 

Police have not released details about evidence in the case, or any information about a possible motive or what led them to arrest Nick Reiner. 

Newly released video shows Nick Reiner inside a gas station convenience store hours after the killings and just moments before he was arrested on Sunday. Video from outside the store shows the LAPD arriving and arresting him. He did not resist arrest, according to police. 

He is now being held without bail in a jail in downtown Los Angeles.



Source link

Entertainment

Pete Davidson’s friends support comic against ex Elsie Hewitt allegations

Published

on

Pete Davidson’s friends support comic against ex Elsie Hewitt allegations


Pete Davidson’s friends support comic against ex Elsie Hewitt allegations

Pete Davidson’s friends have leaped to his defence after his ex-girlfriend, Elsie Hewitt, publicly claimed she was raising their infant daughter on her own. 

Following news of the couple’s recent split, the actress posted a video on TikTok whispering that she has to work to make money and is doing it all by herself, which she described as hard. 

However, an insider close to the former couple has hit back at the claims, telling Page Six that the allegations are completely untrue and that the comedian is actually paying for absolutely everything.

According to the source, the Bupkis star is currently covering the rent, general living expenses, and health insurance for both Hewitt and their daughter, Scottie Rose, who was born on 12 December. 

The insider explained that those who know the pair are completely baffled by the posts, asserting that Davidson’s main priority is ensuring his family is looked after. 

Despite the breakdown of the relationship and their personal disagreements, friends insist that the Saturday Night Live alum remains fully committed to being a good father.

The drama unfolded over the weekend when the Industry actress took to social media to ask for help. 

Alongside her TikTok video, Hewitt shared a since-deleted Instagram Story looking for an assistant or nanny to act as her right-hand person, specifying that she would only look at applicants who provided a resume.

The public posts quickly divided fans online, with some labelling Davidson a deadbeat dad while others defended him by pointing out that he is involved in his daughter’s life and has to work as well.

Credit: elsie/instagram
Credit: elsie/instagram

In response to the backlash, Davidson’s inner circle maintains that he has rearranged his entire schedule and done everything possible to be there both physically and financially. 

They emphasize that all the comic wants is for Hewitt to be happy and in a good position. 

Though the pair have officially called it quits, Davidson’s camp is adamant that he is going above and beyond to be a supportive co-parent, despite the picture being painted on social media.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

“Call Her Daddy” podcast host Alex Cooper announces pregnancy with 1st child

Published

on

“Call Her Daddy” podcast host Alex Cooper announces pregnancy with 1st child


Alex Cooper, the host of one of the most popular podcasts in the United States, announced Sunday that she is expecting her first child. 

The “Call Her Daddy” host shared the news in an Instagram post that showed her in a white crop top and sweatpants while looking at her husband, producer Matt Kaplan. Cooper and Kaplan tied the knot in April 2024. 

“Our family,” Cooper wrote, along with a white heart emoji. 

Cooper also shared the post on her Instagram story, along with a more candid selfie of herself and Kaplan. In another post, she joked that she was “honestly happy” to “finally stop trying to hide the bump.” 

Cooper did not share a due date or any other information about her pregnancy. 

Alex Cooper and Matt Kaplan attend the YouTube Brandcast event at Lincoln Center on May 13, 2026 in New York City.

Noam Galai


Cooper’s “Call Her Daddy” podcast has over 2.1 million subscribers on YouTube, while Cooper herself has over 7.2 million followers on Instagram. 

“Call Her Daddy” features conversations covering a host of topics, including relationships, celebrity gossip and pop culture. Most episodes involve Cooper speaking with celebrities and prominent national figures, including an episode recorded with former Vice President Kamala Harris during her 2024 run for president.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Shania Twain wants to sing at Harry Styles, Zoe Kravitz wedding

Published

on

Shania Twain wants to sing at Harry Styles, Zoe Kravitz wedding


Shania Twain wants to sing at Harry Styles, Zoe Kravitz wedding

Shania Twain has made her pitch to perform at Harry Styles and Zoë Kravitz’s wedding, and she’s not being subtle about it.

The 60-year-old country legend, who is currently opening for Styles on the first leg of his world tour, made the declaration during an appearance on SiriusXM’s The Pulse on Friday. 

When host Joe “Brady” Blum floated the idea of Twain performing at the celebrity nuptials, she didn’t hesitate. “Oh! I would say yes if he asked,” she replied. “Just putting it out there, Harry.”

Twain is well placed to make the case, she and Styles are currently sharing stages together for the opening 12 shows of his world tour, all being held in London. 

She described the invitation to open for him as “really nice,” adding that it made sense for him to begin there. 

When Brady expressed hope that the pair might perform Man! I Feel Like A Woman! together again, Twain sounded equally keen. 

“I hope we do, too,” she said.

As for the wedding itself, she was playfully realistic about the logistics. When asked whether she could be the entertainment, she mused aloud: “What if they disagree on that?” 

Brady suggested that Kravitz’s father Lenny Kravitz could also have a say in the musical lineup, which prompted Twain to propose a rather appealing solution. “Right, him and I could sing it together,” she said with a smile.

Styles and Kravitz, 37, have been one of the most talked-about couples in entertainment since their relationship became public. 

Kravitz was spotted last month wearing an impressive diamond ring, widely taken as confirmation of their engagement following a whirlwind romance of around eight months. 

The Batman actress was previously engaged to actor Channing Tatum before they split in October 2024, and was briefly married to actor Karl Glusman from 2019 to 2020.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending