Connect with us

Entertainment

Royal family ‘hides’ senior member cancer struggles: Shocking details out

Published

on

Royal family ‘hides’ senior member cancer struggles: Shocking details out


Royal family ‘hides’ senior member cancer struggles

Royal family maintained silence over the cancer struggles of a senior member as new, surprising details emerged.

An author, Hugo Vickers, talked about the royal figure’s health scare that was not disclosed by the firm at the time of his death.

The royal commentator wrote that Queen Elizabeth II had been informed that Prince Philip had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer eight years before his death.

At the age of 91, the Duke of Edinburgh’s medical team shared with the royals about his inoperable form of the disease in June 2013.

Following the diagnosis, “there was a view that [Philip] might not be seen in public again”, but “the duke outwitted the pessimists,” Hugo shared, as per The Times

The royal expert opened up about Prince Philip’s last days of life, stating there were “moments of tranquillity.”

“On the last night of his life, he gave his nurses the slip, shuffled along the corridor on his Zimmer frame, helped himself to a beer and drank it in the Oak Room,” he penned.

Hugo added, “The following morning, he got up, had a bath, said he did not feel well and quietly slipped away. By this point, he had lived with pancreatic cancer for nearly eight years — far longer than the usual survival time from diagnosis.”

It is important to mention that the Queen was not with her husband when he passed away.

For the unversed, Prince Philip passed away in Windsor Castle in 2021 just before his 100th birthday.

As per the death certificate, his cause of death was mentioned as “old age,” hinting that the Palace wanted to keep it a secret.

The cancer shock returned in the royal family after King Charles and Princess Kate were diagnosed with the disease in 2024.

Catherine is in remission from cancer after completing her preventive chemotherapy. Whereas the monarch is still undergoing cancer treatment. 





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

In meeting with ACM Sidhu, Turkish air chief hails PAF support in training pilots

Published

on

In meeting with ACM Sidhu, Turkish air chief hails PAF support in training pilots


Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Air Chief Marshal (ACM) Zaheer Ahmed Babar Sidhu meets Turkish air force chief. — ISPR

The Turkish Air Force commander appreciated Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF) support in training Turkish pilots during a meeting with Air Chief Marshal (ACM) Zaheer Ahmed Babar Sidhu at Turkish Air Force Headquarters, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in a statement on Friday.

According to the military’s media wing, ACM Sidhu, during an official visit to Turkiye, held high-level meetings with General Ziya Cemal Kadıoglu, Commander Turkish Air Force, Yasar Guler, Minister of National Defence, and Selcuk Bayraktar, Chief Technology Officer of Baykar Technologies.

The meetings reaffirmed the growing strategic convergence and shared commitment of both nations towards enhanced collaboration in defence, aerospace innovation and emerging technologies.

At Turkish Air Force Headquarters, the PAF chief discussed enhancing interoperability through joint exercises, training programmes and professional exchanges.

During his meeting with Defence Minister Yasar Guler, both sides reaffirmed the strong historical and strategic ties between Pakistan and Turkiye, while exploring deeper cooperation in training, capacity building and aerospace collaboration.

In another engagement, ACM Sidhu met the Chief Technology Officer of Baykar Technologies, Selcuk Bayraktar.

“The interaction focused on advancements in aerospace innovation, unmanned aerial systems and emerging technologies, reflecting the shared vision of both sides to pursue greater collaboration in next-generation defence technologies,” the ISPR added.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Here’s every detail you must know

Published

on

Here’s every detail you must know


Three Lions unveil 2026 FIFA World Cup squad: Here’s every detail you must know

Three Lions have finalized their 26-man squad for the buzzing summer World Cup run.

The England manager Thomas Tuchel made the announcement for the final squad on Friday, May 22, 2026.

Let’s first drop some light on the surprises who have made it to the squad.

Among them are Djed Spence and Ivan Toney, who stunned the Britons. While Maguire, Cole Palmer, and Phil Foden are those who couldn’t make it to the World Cup squad.

Among the major omissions was Morgan Gibbs-White, despite his strong performance for Nottingham Forest.

Eberechi Eze and Noni Madueke were a must for the 26-man squad, who helped Arsenal clinch the Premier League Championship.

Defensively, Harry Maguire goes unnoticed despite hoping to make a third World Cup, with Djed Spence a fascinating call-up to cover both full-back positions.

For the center-back positions, Jarell Quansah offers depth while both John Stones and Reece James look set to play key roles despite questions regarding their fitness.

England manager Touchel has explained his selection for the World Cup in a news conference on May 22, 2026.

Tuchel said, “I think from day one we were clear in trying to select the best possible team.

“Which is not necessarily to collect the 26 best individual players. Teams win championships.”

Here’s the official 26-man FIFA World Cup squad:

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford, Dean Henderson, James Traffford

Defenders: Reece James, Jarell Quansah, Ezri Konsa, John Stones, Marc Guehi, Nico O’Reilly, Dan Burn, Tino Livramento, Djed Spence.

Midfielders: Declan Rice, Elliot Anderson, Kobbie Mainoo, Jordan Henderson, Morgan Rogers, Eberechi Ezi, Jude Bellingham

Forwards: Bukayo Saka, Noni Madueke, Marcus Rashford, Anthonmy Gordon, Harry Kane (c), Ollie Watkins, Ivan Toney

The Three Lions will kick off their campaign’s first match against Croatia in Group L on June 17, 20526.

Following Ghana (June 23) and the last group match against Panama (June 27).

The biggest sporting event in the world, the FIFA World Cup 2026, is being held across the United States, Canada and Mexico starting on June 11, 2026.

For the last six decades, England has not been able to win any major tournament in North America, but this World Cup offers a golden opportunity to break the drought.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

CBS News Radio signs off Friday night after nearly 100 years of broadcasting: “An American institution”

Published

on

CBS News Radio signs off Friday night after nearly 100 years of broadcasting: “An American institution”


CBS News Radio, which provides news programming to an estimated 700 stations spanning the United States, will sign off the air Friday night after nearly a century of broadcasting. 

The storied service, launched in September 1927, was home to broadcast legends Edward R. Murrow, Robert Trout, Douglas Edwards, Charles Osgood, Dan Rather and many other familiar and trusted voices over its decades in operation. 

“It’s been around for a long time. Really, an American institution is what we’re losing here,” said Steve Kathan, the longtime anchor of the CBS World News Roundup.

“CBS Radio should be remembered for becoming a national institution very important to the development of news other than newspapers,” Rather recently told “CBS Sunday Morning.” “It, for many, many years, was a part, and I would argue not a small part, of what held the country together.” 

The decision to shutter the radio news service was announced in March, with the company citing “challenging economic realities.” 

In a statement at the time, CBS News President Tom Cibrowski and Editor-in-Chief Bari Weiss paid tribute to the historic role of CBS News Radio in covering major events worldwide since the dawn of the broadcasting era.

“For nearly 100 years, CBS News Radio has delivered original reporting to the nation — from Edward R. Murrow’s World War II reports in London to today’s daily White House updates,” they said. “Our signature broadcast, ‘World News Roundup,’ remains the longest-running newscast in the country. CBS News Radio served as the foundation for everything we have built since 1927.” 

CBS News Radio first hit the airwaves just seven years after what’s been widely recognized as the first commercial radio broadcast.

The first broadcast of baseball’s World Series could be heard on CBS News Radio in 1938, and in 1939 it aired an interview with Babe Ruth.

CBS News Radio brought millions of Americans coverage of major events including the attack on Pearl Harbor and the D-Day invasionQueen Elizabeth II’s coronation, the 1962 Cuban missile crisis, the New York City blackout of 1977, the Gulf War, the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and the 2003 Space Shuttle Columbia disaster.

Murrow’s voice was first heard on air in 1938. As “CBS Sunday Morning” recently recounted, he was in Europe to recruit voices for radio, but after observing how dangerous Hitler was, he sent back a broadcast.

“This is Edward Murrow speaking from Vienna. It’s now nearly 2:30 in the morning, and Herr Hitler has not yet arrived. No one seems to know just when he will get here. But most people expect him sometime after 10 o’clock tomorrow morning,” Murrow said in that report. 

He later provided rooftop reports in London during the Blitz and from the Buchenwald concentration camp after the Germans had fled.

“I’m not searching for adjectives to make this sound dramatic,” he said in one wartime report. “I’m just telling you what I’ve seen.”

The legendary broadcaster was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1988.

CBS program host and correspondent Allison Keyes covered the news from Lower Manhattan on 9/11. 

“People needed to know what was going on that day,” Keyes said, “in real time, no filter, no politics. Here’s what’s happening.”

As the final days of CBS News Radio approached, she and her coleagues reflected on its legacy

“It leaves a huge gap in the field of news,” Keys said. “I want the listeners to know how proud and honored I am to have worked for this amazing place, with these amazing people.”



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending