Connect with us

Fashion

SMCP to sell 51.2% of its share capital

Published

on

SMCP to sell 51.2% of its share capital


Published



November 28, 2025

For SMCP and its creditors, the long-running economic and legal saga of recent years appears to be drawing to a close. The group, which owns the Sandro, Maje, Claudie Pierlot and Fursac brands, announced on Thursday that it was putting up for sale up to 51.2% of its share capital, a process expected to take “several months” and which could enable it to “stabilise its shareholding structure.”

Sandro boutique in New York – Sandro

This is the expected outcome following the forced return, in August 2025, to a Luxembourg holding company of the 15.5% of SMCP’s capital that had been improperly transferred to a trust based in the British Virgin Islands by its Chinese shareholder, which defaulted in 2021.

It was confirmed in a separate press release by the court-appointed liquidator representing the holding company European Topsoho (ETS) and the administrators overseeing the process.

In 2017, at the time of its IPO, SMCP’s majority shareholder was the Chinese conglomerate Shandong Ruyi, via ETS, an investment vehicle registered in Luxembourg.

However, burdened with heavy debt, it defaulted and in 2021 lost most of its stake to its creditors, grouped within the Glas entity.

Before that, ETS had sold a stake of around 16% to the daughter of Shandong Ruyi’s founder, Chenran Qiu, held in the Dynamic Treasure Group (DTG) trust in the British Virgin Islands.

Having sought for several years to recover this stake and judging the transfer procedure irregular, Glas launched legal action in Europe and then in Asia, and ultimately prevailed.

Thus, in August, the 15.5% stake in SMCP was returned to ETS. And on 21 November, the Luxembourg District Court authorised its sale, SMCP stated in a press release. In addition to the shares returned in August, the sale concerns the 28% stake held by Glas, as well as the 8% stake held by ETS.

The new Maje boutique in London
The new Maje boutique in London – Maje

The remainder of the capital comprises 40.4% free float (i.e. the portion of shares freely traded on the stock exchange; the share price stood at €5.95 at 6:00pm on November 27), 7.7% held by the founders and employees, and 0.6% held as treasury shares.

A buyer of the 51.2% offered for sale would also hold 50.7% of the group’s voting rights, and would therefore effectively be in control.

SMCP says it “welcomes this project, which would enable it to stabilise its shareholding structure and focus on pursuing its development strategy”.

Should the sale represent “more than 30% of the company’s share capital, the purchaser of this block (acting alone or in concert) could be required to file a draft public tender offer for all SMCP shares”, the group said in its press release.

“At this stage, however, there is no certainty that this process will be successful and the final decision on disposal rests with the holders of the aforementioned stakes,” it added.

In 2024, the group, led by Isabelle Guichot, generated revenue of €1.212 billion, with a presence in 49 countries. Over the first nine months of its 2025 financial year, the group recorded a 2.8% increase in sales to €896 million, alongside improved profitability, a higher share of full-price sales in recent years, and a marked reduction in its debt burden. Its business, 65% of which is now generated outside France, is driven 88% by its flagship brands Sandro and Maje.

The stock market valuation of the ready-to-wear group, which has 1,651 points of sale worldwide, exceeded €450 million on Thursday evening. It remains to be seen who will come forward to acquire this leading name in French accessible luxury.

With AFP

This article is an automatic translation.
Click here to read the original article.

Copyright © 2025 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fashion

Chanel debuts A$AP Rocky as ambassador, with Margaret Qualley teaser video

Published

on

Chanel debuts A$AP Rocky as ambassador, with Margaret Qualley teaser video


Published



November 30, 2025

Chanel has appointed A$AP Rocky as a new brand ambassador and debuted his tenure with a teaser video shot in New York co-starring Margaret Qualley.

Courtesy

The video appeared Sunday just 48 hours before Chanel’s couturier Michel Blazy will stage his debut collection of Métiers d’Art also in New York. It’s a unique line first created by Karl Lagerfeld that highlights the unique stable of artisans Chanel has assembled in such skills as embroidery, pleating, glove-making and costume jewelry.
 
Directed by Michel Gondry, the 2.49-minute short opens with the stars waking up in the bed of a walkup apartment in Williamsburg. Where, after a quick peck on her lover’s forehead, Qualley disappears into a tiny bathroom, before magically changing out of her blue nightie and reappearing in a red, white and blue houndstooth Chanel jacket, paired with pale blue pants, her hair in a chignon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=live

Chanel

No sooner than she has disappeared, than A$AP leaps out of bed and descends the tenement building’s outside steel stairs and sets off on a mad dash after Qualley. This leads to him swimming under the Brooklyn Bridge, and running north through the Lower East Side, before finally catching up with Qualley at Astor Place station. All the action backed up my moody ambient music courtesy of Le Motel.
 
In between, the rapper and husband of Rihanna, manages to find time to stop in two discount stores to acquire pants and a blazer. Arriving just in time, to genuflect onto one knee, and hold out a small white Chanel box, containing one assumes a diamond engagement ring, at the station entrance. The sight of which leads the actress to leap into the air in paroxysm of joy, before the happy couple march arm and arm back into the subway.
 
And off one assumes to attend the Métiers d’Art show, which will be revealed on Tuesday, 8 p.m. NYC time.
 

Copyright © 2025 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.



Source link

Continue Reading

Fashion

Canada’s Lululemon revamps commercial strategy with new global leader

Published

on

Canada’s Lululemon revamps commercial strategy with new global leader



lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) announced that Celeste Burgoyne, President of the Americas and Global Guest Innovation, has decided to leave the company for a new opportunity outside of the industry. She will remain with lululemon until the end of December 2025 to ensure a smooth transition.

Ms. Burgoyne joined lululemon in 2006 and became the company’s first President in 2020. Throughout her tenure, she has assumed roles of increasing responsibility and led the North America business through periods of rapid growth and expansion.

Lululemon Athletica has announced that Celeste Burgoyne, president of the Americas and global guest innovation, will leave at the end of December 2025 after 19 years with the brand.
The company will consolidate regional leadership and has appointed André Maestrini as president and chief commercial officer, giving him global oversight of stores, regions, digital channels and commercial strategy.

“We are grateful for Celeste’s leadership and significant contributions to lululemon’s business and culture over the past 19 years. She has been instrumental in growing our footprint in the Americas, creating high-quality guest experiences, and mentoring our teams across the organization,” said Calvin McDonald, Chief Executive Officer, lululemon. “I deeply appreciate her partnership and friendship, and we wish her all the best in the future.”

“My time at lululemon has been both inspiring and rewarding beyond belief,” said Ms. Burgoyne. “I am so proud of what we have accomplished as an organization since I joined in 2006 and know the team will take the company to even greater heights in the years to come. I look forward to continuing to support the brand as a lifelong fan.”

In conjunction with this announcement, lululemon has made the decision to consolidate regional leadership across the company and appoint André Maestrini as President and Chief Commercial Officer, effective immediately. Mr. Maestrini will continue to report directly to Mr. McDonald.

In this newly created role, Mr. Maestrini will provide integrated oversight of all of lululemon’s regions, stores, and digital channels globally. He will also oversee lululemon’s global commercial strategy with a focus on continued market expansion, revenue generation, and accelerating best practice sharing, across all regions including North America.

Mr. Maestrini joined lululemon in 2021 as Executive Vice President of International. In his current role, he has overseen lululemon’s operations in EMEA, APAC, and China Mainland, and has helped to more than quadruple lululemon’s international revenues.

“André has demonstrated a proven ability to unlock opportunities, advance our global expansion, and deliver growth across multiple markets,” said Mr. McDonald. “Leveraging operational discipline, deep guest insights, and extensive brand-building experience, André is the ideal person to lead our business across all markets, including North America, as we remain focused on delivering value for our guests, employees, and shareholders.”

Before joining lululemon, Mr. Maestrini spent 14 years at adidas in various senior roles across the globe. During this time, he served in a number of General Manager positions where he helped grow the company’s global sports categories and regional markets. Prior to adidas, Mr. Maestrini held marketing roles at The Coca-Cola Company, Danone, and Kraft Jacobs Suchard.

Note: The headline, insights, and image of this press release may have been refined by the Fibre2Fashion staff; the rest of the content remains unchanged.

Fibre2Fashion News Desk (RM)



Source link

Continue Reading

Fashion

India’s growth expected to be robust despite external headwinds: IMF

Published

on

India’s growth expected to be robust despite external headwinds: IMF



Despite external headwinds, India’s economic growth is expected to remain robust, supported by favourable domestic conditions, according to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), whose executive board recently completed the Article IV Consultation for the country.

Under the baseline assumption of prolonged 50-per cent US tariffs, India’s real gross domestic product (GDP) is projected to grow at 6.6 per cent in fiscal 2025-26 (FY26) before moderating to 6.2 per cent in FY27, the IMF said.

The reform of the goods and services tax (GST) and the resulting reduction in the effective rate are expected to help cushion the adverse impact of tariffs.

Despite external headwinds, India’s growth is expected to be robust, backed by favourable domestic conditions, the IMF has said.
Assuming prolonged 50-per cent US tariffs, FY26 real GDP may grow at 6.6 per cent before moderating to 6.2 per cent in FY27.
Further deepening of geo-economic fragmentation could lead to tighter financial conditions, higher input costs and lower trade, FDI and economic growth.

Headline inflation is projected to remain well contained, reflecting the one-off effect of the GST reform and continued benign food prices, it remarked in a release.

Looking ahead, India’s ambition to become an advanced economy can be supported by advancing comprehensive structural reforms that enable higher potential growth, the IMF noted.

There are significant near-term risks to the economic outlook. On the upside, the conclusion of new trade agreements and faster implementation of structural reform domestically could boost exports, private investment and employment.

On the downside, further deepening of geo-economic fragmentation could lead to tighter financial conditions, higher input costs and lower trade, foreign direct investment (FDI) and economic growth.

Unpredictable weather shocks could affect crop yields, adversely impact rural consumption and reignite inflationary pressures, the IMF added.

Fibre2Fashion News Desk (DS)



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending