Connect with us

Entertainment

‘Switch off your phones and sleep’, Indian skipper tells team before Pakistan clash

Published

on

‘Switch off your phones and sleep’, Indian skipper tells team before Pakistan clash


India’s Suryakumar Yadav during the warm up before the match against United Arab Emirates at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, September 10, 2025. — Reuters 

India’s players need to block out the noise as they prepare to again face rivals Pakistan in the Asia Cup amid controversy over their previous clash, skipper Suryakumar Yadav said on Saturday.

The eight-team tournament has been dominated by headlines about Pakistan and India’s first meetings on the pitch since the military conflict between the nuclear-armed neighbours in May this year.

India prevailed in the politically-charged Group A match last week but their players refused to shake hands with their Pakistan opponents after the match.

Suryakumar dedicated India’s seven-wicket victory to their armed forces, while several of his teammates took to social media to express similar thoughts.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) called for match referee Andy Pycroft’s immediate removal for a code of conduct violation and considered withdrawing from the tournament before going ahead with UAE match after referee tendered apologies.

Naqvi, flanked by former chairmen Ramiz Raja and Najam Sethi, told reporters at Gaddafi Stadium that Zimbabwe-based match referee Andy Pycroft had formally apologised to national captain Salman Ali Agha, the coach and the team manager, acknowledging the concerns raised by the side.

With the controversy likely to rumble on in the build-up to Sunday’s clash, Suryakumar offered some blunt advice for teammates struggling to cope with external pressure.

“Close your room, switch off your phone and sleep. I think that’s the best. It’s easy to say, but sometimes it is difficult,” he told reporters. “It’s on you, what you want to listen to, what you want to have in your mind.

“I have been very clear with all the boys. I think it’s very important if you want to do well in this tournament and going forward. We will have to shut a lot of noise from outside and take what is good for you.”

Despite India’s triumph in their previous encounter, Suryakumar insisted past results would count for nothing when the rivals meet again in the Super Four match.

“I feel our preparation has been really good leading into the tournament. We have also had three good games, so we are actually focusing on what we can do best,” he added.

“We want to follow all the good habits that we have been doing from the last two or three games. We take it one game at a time. It doesn’t give us an edge that we have played them once, and we had a good game. We have to start from scratch.”

When asked about the historic rivalry — which was much more intense in 2000s, he said, “At that time, I don’t know. I have never played. So I can’t say,” he laughed.

“If we talk about rivalry, I don’t know what kind of rivalry you are talking about. After going on the ground, I feel that the stadium is full. And when the stadium is full, I tell my team and everyone that it is time for entertainment. So many people have come to watch the match, so you have to entertain everyone. Let’s play some good brand of cricket. And according to me, we don’t think much,” he added.

Another question asked Suryakumar about the ‘other things’ India did against Pakistan, without explicitly mentioning the handshakes, and he simply said: ‘By other things, you mean we bowled well, isn’t it?’





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Brooklyn Beckham remains absent as Cruz celebrates milestone

Published

on

Brooklyn Beckham remains absent as Cruz celebrates milestone



Family tensions continue for the Beckhams as Brooklyn Beckham was notably absent from Cruz’s 21st birthday celebration, despite being offered an olive branch just last week.



Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

YouTube turns off video comments and descriptions, perhaps in fight against ad blockers

Published

on

YouTube turns off video comments and descriptions, perhaps in fight against ad blockers


YouTube turns off video comments and descriptions, perhaps in fight against ad blockers

Getting utterly annoyed with ads while watching YouTube videos is something you must have undoubtedly faced, let’s suppose, but the real deal is how you get around this pain point.

Since the paid YouTube Premium subscription is apparently a costly way to skip those ads, the most likely and off the top of one’s head workaround is deploying an ad blocker, using which is what appears to have started disrupting the YouTube experience, as reported by some users on Reddit.

Some even shared screenshots depicting videos with comments turned off, perhaps owing to the use of ad blockers. This is something Google strongly advises against.

While unfortunate, this happening explicitly conveys that using workarounds gets you out of one problem and straight into another.

To vent out their frustration about the mysterious disappearance of video comments and descriptions, many users took to Reddit and other forums. 

While it is definitely triggered by ad blocker use, even though unconfirmed, some tech geeks nevertheless tried their hand, debating whether Google—being one of the richest corporations—should have this ad thing in place, or it is something that’s needed to keep the platform running and supporting Google’s cash outflow to creators in royalties.

—Screengrab taken from Reddit
—Screengrab taken from Reddit

Although chances are good that YouTube is deliberately disabling comments and descriptions whenever it detects an ad blocker in use, another possibility is such tools’ innate tendency to remove descriptions and comments from videos.

What needs to be noted here is that this isn’t the first time ad blockers have become a headache on the platform. Creators last year noticed a sharp decline in view counts. That happened because views from users with ad blockers were not being counted.

Google has even purportedly been resorting to slowing down playback speeds or blocking access straight away for those using ad-blocking tools.

While the absence of comments isn’t the worst thing Google could have done, it would surely hurt the community aspect of YouTube, since comments are crucial for engaging with creators, and many creators rely on ad revenue to support their work.

If at all, it seems like a losing battle for Google, and thus the ongoing cat-and-mouse game between ad blockers and platforms like YouTube will likely continue, with issues popping up and getting fixed, only to resurface again.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Gordon Ramsay admits parenting regrets in emotional Netflix docuseries

Published

on

Gordon Ramsay admits parenting regrets in emotional Netflix docuseries


He says he sometimes prioritised work over being there for his four eldest children

Gordon Ramsay shared his parenting regrets, admitting he missed the  essence of fatherhood in his new Netflix show.

The Netflix docuseries titled Being Gordon Ramsay has just landed on the streaming platform, allowing viewers to peek behind the curtain of his life.

In the first episode of the docuseries, Gordon opened up about his troubled childhood with his alcoholic dad, Gordon. 

In the show, the TV personality, 59, also admits his own parenting regrets.

He says he sometimes prioritised work over being there for his four eldest children; daughter Megan, 27, twins Holly and Jack 26, and Tilly, 24.

He says: ‘I, sadly, had a torrid relationship with my father. My father called me a snob once. And I said, “No, definitely not a snob. I just want to get out of the s**t mess I was born in.’

For those unversed, Gordon juggled three jobs to support his family and lived in 15 different council estates growing up.

The chef recalls weekends where he would ‘almost watch his father ruin his life through alcohol’.

He continues: ‘It’s hard, isn’t it, when someone’s an alcoholic? It’s very hard to relate to that, because you’re just … you’re nervous.

‘You’re worried about, you know, hitting the end of the bottle and seeing that bottle of Bacardi disappear, because you know what happens at the end of that.’

However, Gordon turned to cooking after his football career was short due to a knee injury.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending