Connect with us

Entertainment

Trump declines to take sides between Vance, Rubio in 2028 successor debate

Published

on

Trump declines to take sides between Vance, Rubio in 2028 successor debate


US President Donald Trump, Vice President JD Vance and Secretary of State Marco Rubio attend a meeting with oil industry executives, at the White House in Washington, DC, US, January 9, 2026. — Reuters 
  • Rubio has not closed door to running in 2028.
  • Vance says will talk to Trump about possibility of running.
  • Trump calls both Vance, Rubio of very high intelligence.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday declined to take sides in the debate over whether his vice president, JD Vance, or his secretary of state, Marco Rubio, would most likely be his successor in the 2028 Republican presidential campaign.

Vance, a former Republican senator from Ohio, has said he will talk to Trump about the possibility of running after the November midterm elections.

There is also speculation among Republican insiders that Rubio, a former senator from Florida who ran for the Republican Party’s presidential nomination in 2016 and lost to Trump, could seek the presidency.

Rubio has not closed the door to running in 2028, but has praised Vance as a strong potential candidate.

Trump said he would “be inclined” to endorse a successor when asked about Vance and Rubio during an interview with NBC News, but added that he did not want to get into the subject now.

“We have three years to go. I don’t want to, you know, I have two people that are doing a great job. I don’t want to have an argument with, or I don’t want to use the word ‘fight’ — it wouldn’t be a fight. But look, JD is fantastic, and Marco is fantastic,” Trump said.

Trump has often said the two men should run together on the same ticket. The 2028 election will feature a wide-open race on both the Republican and Democratic sides and crowded fields are expected.

In a possible nod to Rubio, the country’s chief diplomat, Trump said of the pair: “I would say one is slightly more diplomatic than the other.”

He called them both men of very high intelligence.

“I think there’s a difference in style,” Trump said. “You know, you can see the style yourself. But they’re both very capable. I do think this: The combination of JD and Marco would be very hard to be beaten, I think. But you never know in politics, right?”

Trump in the interview also again appeared to toy with the possibility of seeking an unconstitutional third term. He had flirted with the idea last year, later abandoning the concept.

Asked if he saw “any scenario” in which he would still be president when the next president’s term begins in January 2029, Trump said: “I don’t know. It would be interesting.”





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Two Americans arrested at Japanese zoo

Published

on

Two Americans arrested at Japanese zoo


Viral ‘Punch’ monkey incident: Two Americans arrested at Japanese zoo

Japanese authorities have taken two Americans into custody after a disruptive stunt at Ichikawa zoo.

The two men frightened a young monkey, globally known as “Punch”, who amassed a million views due to his viral story.

As confirmed by Japanese police, the individuals are 24-year-old and 27-year-old and identified themselves as a college student and a singer, respectively.

The student climbed the barrier and entered the monkey’s enclosure, while the singer filmed the act.

The video clip from social media showed the intruder dressed in a costume with a big smiley face and sunglasses, causing chaos among the monkeys, which had scattered throughout the enclosure.

According to zoo officials, the man had no direct contact with the animals and was promptly escorted out by zoo personnel. No injuries were incurred by either the animals or the people. 

Both men were apprehended by the police on suspicion of “forcible obstruction of business,” a crime which they deny committing. The police added that the suspects initially tried to provide false identities.

Punch, who is now nine months old, became an internet sensation after he clung to a stuffed orangutan toy after his mother abandoned him.

Zoo authorities gave him the toy to comfort him.

His case aroused widespread sympathy and attracted many visitors to the zoo, including people from other countries.

As a result of this case, zoo management decided to introduce tougher security measures. These will involve expanding restricted viewing areas, installing protective nets, and perhaps even banning filming around the area. 





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Here’s how to get 15GB

Published

on

Here’s how to get 15GB


Google lowers free Gmail storage to 5GB: Here’s how to get 15GB

Google is set to roll out a controversial change for new Gmail account users.

The company is slashing the free cloud storage for new Gmail accounts from 15GB to 5GB.

However, to unlock 15GB of free storage, users are required to verify their phone numbers with their accounts.

The new update is currently being tested for limited regions, including several African countries.

New users who do not link their phone numbers will only be eligible for 5GB of free storage shared across Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos.

This policy has received backlash right away. According to industry analysts, the reason behind this move is twofold: firstly, to prevent spamming by assigning unique phone numbers to each user; secondly, to encourage more users to subscribe to Google One paid subscription plans. 

With 15 GB of storage already being difficult for some users, 5 GB will be too little.

How to link your phone number to your Gmail account?

If you are using a computer, open a browser and go to your Google Account. Click on “personal info” in the left-hand menu and scroll down to “contact info” and click “phone.” Select “add recovery phone.” Enter phone number and verify code received via SMS.

To link via Android/ iPhone, open your device’s “Settings app.” Tap “Google” or “Manage your Google Account.” At the top, select “Personal info.” Scroll to the “contact info” and tap “Phone.” Enter your “password” to confirm and type “verification code” to confirm your phone number.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Katsuhiro Otomo gives major update on ‘Orbital Era’ with new studio

Published

on

Katsuhiro Otomo gives major update on ‘Orbital Era’ with new studio


Katsuhiro Otomo gives major update on Orbital Era with new studio

Katsuhiro Otomo has started a new animation studio called Oval Gear and it quickly caught the attention of anime fans around the world.

The move brought new hope for his long delayed film Orbital Era, which was first started buzzing about a few years ago but never fully updated.

The studio has now gone live with its official website and fans noticed something important right away.

The site, however, shows visuals that match Orbital Era, including a space themed character that was previously linked to the film. This made many people believe that the project may finally be active again.

Oval Gear explains on its website that the studio was created to pass on Otomo’s creative style to new artists while also building new anime projects for the future.

It also says the studio wants to share new stories with global audiences.

Another key detail is that the studio is hiring new staff, as this usually means work is starting behind the scenes and a project is being built step by step.

Fans have been waiting for years because Otomo has not directed a major anime film in a long time, as his last major anime work was connected to Short Peace in 2013.

With this new studio launch, excitement has returned and many now believe Orbital Era could finally move closer to becoming a real film.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending