Sports
Warwickshire County announces partnership with Lahore Qalanders

Forming a joint global venture between the two professional cricket clubs, Warwickshire County Cricket Club [WCCC] announces a new partnership with Lahore Qalanders, demonstrating a shared commitment to develop a long-term strategic vision that will help to grow cricket across Birmingham and Warwickshire in the UK, and Lahore in Pakistan.
Officially launching in Autumn, the partnership includes the roll-out of mutually beneficial ventures for 2026 and beyond, which will focus on talent and performance development through player and coach exchanges, academies and scouting networks, community projects, support for grassroots cricket, and commercial opportunities.
The partnership, announced by WCCC, follows the milestone acquisition for the club of Birmingham Phoenix alongside partners, Knighthead LLP, last month.
Abraham Khan, Finance Director of WCCC, commented, “Collaborating with Lahore Qalanders is not only about cricket at the highest level, but is about creating opportunities that will further enhance the growth of the game.
“By working together, we can pave the way for youth pathways, bolster funding and support for grassroots cricket, launch community initiatives and pool shared resources for development across all levels of the club.
“Our commitment to a collaborative approach comes from a shared belief that cricket can be a powerful force for positive change. This is a new chapter for the club and places WCCC and Lahore Qalanders at the forefront of a global cricket partnership, and I’m excited to see the impact this will have for our fans, our cities, and the future of the game.”
Sameen Rana, Lahore Qalandars owner and COO, said, “This partnership with Warwickshire County Cricket Club is a landmark moment for Lahore Qalandars. Our philosophy has always been to think beyond boundaries, and this is another step in that journey. Together, we aim to elevate professional performance, unlock new avenues to identify and nurture talent, and use the power of cricket to inspire and connect our communities in Lahore and Birmingham.”
He further added: “This collaboration is not just about cricket, it is about building shared pathways for players, coaches and fans, while expanding our global reach and creating new opportunities for growth. We believe this joint venture will establish a sustainable model that strengthens both clubs on and off the field and the most importantly, leaves a lasting legacy for the future of the game.”
The partnership was brokered by the British Pakistan Initiative [BPI] following an Academy Tour to Lahore, organised by Raf Sabir, Finance Director for CVS, in March 2025, creating a cultural and sporting exchange that evolved into a comprehensive long-term strategic alliance, now set to reshape the cricketing landscape in both Birmingham and Lahore.
Sports
US Open player says trophy stolen from hotel room

NEW YORK — Tennis player Sorana Cirstea said the trophy she received after winning a recent women’s tournament was stolen from her New York hotel room while she was playing in the US Open.
Cirstea pleaded for the trophy’s return late Saturday night, two days after she was eliminated from singles play in Flushing Meadows.
“Whoever stole my Cleveland trophy from room 314 at The Fifty Sonesta please give it back!” Cirstea wrote in an Instagram story. “It has NO material value, just sentimental value. It would be [greatly] appreciated!”
Cirstea, a 35-year-old from Romania, won her third career singles title earlier this month in the Cleveland warmup tournament for the US Open. She went on to lose to No. 11 seed Karolina Muchova in the second round in Flushing Meadows.
The hotel said it had no comment.
Sports
ESPN star warns Alabama fans amid team’s upset loss to Florida State

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
ESPN pundit Stephen A. Smith warned Alabama Crimson Tide fans that the days of Nick Saban are long gone following the team’s crushing upset loss to Florida State on Saturday night.
Seminoles quarterback Thomas Castellanos ran for 78 yards and a touchdown and recorded 152 passing yards in the 31-17 win. Alabama’s 23-game season-opener winning streak was snapped.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
Stephen A. Smith warned Alabama fans amid the Crimson Tide’s loss to Florida State. (Kirby Lee-Imagn Images)
Smith offered his analysis amid their loss.
“I’m sorry folks. I really am. But it just seems to be as if the days of @AlabamaFTBL – Nick Saban’s @AlabamaFTBL — is looooonnngggg gone. Sacks surrendered. Dropped passes. A QB who’s not a real scrambler/runner, and doesn’t appear to have a strong enough arm to throw on the run,” he wrote on X. “Maybe this turnover by Lucas of @FloridaState, but I doubt it.”
Saban retired from college football before the start of the 2024 season. Alabama hired Kalen DeBoer from Washington to replace him.

Alabama head coach Kalen DeBoer looks on during the first half of an NCAA college football game against Florida State, Saturday, Aug. 30, 2025, in Tallahassee, Florida. (AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack)
OREGON’S MASCOT LOSES HEAD AFTER TRIPPING ON THE FIELD
Smith said earlier this month that Alabama should consider hiring Deion Sanders to replace DeBoer and that he missed Saban.
Alabama, one of college football’s biggest powerhouses over the last decade or so, failed to make the College Football Playoff last year in its first season since Saban retired. In 2023, the team lost to the Michigan Wolverines in the Rose Bowl. Michigan went on to win the national championship.

Alabama tight end Josh Cuevas, left, celebrates with quarterback Ty Simpson after scoring on a two-yard touchdown pass play against Florida State during the first half of an NCAA college football game, Saturday, Aug. 30, 2025, in Tallahassee, Florida. (AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack))
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The Crimson Tide’s schedule is only going to get tougher. The team will take on Georgia next month and, later in the season, have Tennessee, South Carolina, LSU and Oklahoma in consecutive weeks.
Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.
Sports
Czech tennis star says ex-boyfriend in US Open crowd startled her during match

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Czech tennis star Karolina Muchova needed to rally against her Romanian opponent, Sorana Cîrstea in the second round of the U.S. Open.
Muchova was down 4-1 in the second set on Thursday when she needed to briefly halt the match. She began to get emotional and admitted after the match it was because she saw her ex-boyfriend sitting in the crowd.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
Karolina Muchova, of the Czech Republic, reacts after defeating Soraya Cirstea, of Romania, during the second round of the U.S. Open tennis championships, Thursday, Aug. 28, 2025, in New York. (AP Photo/Andres Kudacki)
She rallied to defeat Cîrstea in three sets.
“Well… it wasn’t tennis-related,” she told reporters after the match, via The Athletic. “So l don’t really like talking about it. But opposite my bench, my ex-boyfriend sat down. He sometimes shows up at places where he shouldn’t be. That startled me a bit. I told him to leave, he didn’t, but later he did go. It was hard to focus in that moment.”
Muchova hadn’t mentioned the man to the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) or the United States Tennis Association (USTA) before the tournament began and hasn’t done so after Thursday’s incident, The Athletic reported.
Tennis players can request certain spectators to be blacklisted from ticket sales or being able to receive credentials. An alleged stalker of Emma Raducanu appeared at the Dubai Tennis Championships in February. The man was blacklisted from purchasing tickets for Wimbledon.

Karolina Muchova, of the Czech Republic, returns a shot during the third round of the U.S. Open tennis championships, Saturday, Aug. 30, 2025, in New York. (AP Photo/Andres Kudacki)
US OPEN SPECTATOR PROPOSES TO GIRLFRIEND DURING ARYNA SABALENKA’S WIN OVER LEYLAH FERNANDEZ
Muchova said Saturday after moving on to the round of 16 that she was doing well and didn’t report the person to tennis officials.
“Player safety is a critical element of our planning and execution for the U.S. Open,” a USTA spokesperson told the outlet. “Our comprehensive security plan includes protocols and procedures for effective risk mitigation and issue management. We work closely with the ATP, WTA, ITF, ITIA and the other Grand Slam events to stay informed of all relevant situations and concerns.
“The U.S. Open is in constant communication with local and federal law enforcement, who also maintain a presence at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. We utilize both physical and technological means throughout the event to monitor and maintain security, including online threats to players.”

Karolina Muchova, of the Czech Republic, reacts after defeating Venus Williams, of the United States, during the first round of the U.S. Open tennis championships, Monday, Aug. 25, 2025, in New York. (AP Photo/Adam Hunger)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Muchova went as far as the semifinals at the U.S. Open two years in a row. She was ranked No. 13 going into the tournament.
Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.
-
Tech5 days ago
Review: Google Pixel 10 Series
-
Sports4 days ago
New Zealand rugby player Shane Christie, who suffered multiple concussions, dies aged 39 – SUCH TV
-
Tech4 days ago
Top CDC Officials Resign After Director Is Pushed Out
-
Fashion4 days ago
Portugal Jewels Chiado boutique nominated for two global design awards
-
Fashion4 days ago
ICE cotton futures fall for 2nd consecutive day on strong crop outlook
-
Sports4 days ago
New-look Pac-12 extends CW deal through 2031
-
Fashion4 days ago
Israel’s Delta Galil posts $470 mn Q2 sales, updates 2025 guidance
-
Sports4 days ago
Dolphins GM Chris Grier says fans threatened his family in string of vile emails after team’s lackluster year