Sports
Oklahoma hits two grand slams in 34-0 softball rout of UTEP
No. 4 Oklahoma hit two grand slams in one inning during a 34-0 softball rout of Texas-El Paso that came within one run of tying the Sooners’ record for runs in a game.
The Sooners (8-1), who had 25 hits in the game, wasted no time in the first inning as the first eight batters reached base en route to an 8-0 lead. In the third inning, Tia Milloy and Gabbie Garcia each hit grand slams as Oklahoma added 12 more runs.
Oklahoma, which has blasted 38 home runs in its nine games this season, then tacked on 14 runs more in their final time at-bat as the game was called after five innings.
“This was a very productive trip for us,” Oklahoma coach Patty Gasso told the El Paso Times after the Sooners won five games over three days during tournaments in Las Cruces, New Mexico, and El Paso, Texas. “We got to use a lot of pitchers in the process, get a lot of players in the field more. There were a lot of opportunities this weekend and everybody made the most of it.”
For UTEP, which had beat Idaho State earlier Sunday, there were no ill feelings.
“They’ve done a lot for women’s sports,” UTEP outfielder Halle Hogan said. “We’re going to take what we learned from them and use it to our advantage.”
Allyssa Parker had two home runs for the Sooners, and Kasidi Pickering tied a school record with three doubles. Milloy, Garcia and Parker each had six RBIs.
Audrey Lowry improved to 6-0, giving up just three hits in three innings. Sydney Berzon and Berkley Zache each pitched a scoreless inning in relief.
Oklahoma’s school record of 35 runs was set against Arkansas-Pine Bluff in 2014.
Sports
Tennis player claims sport’s culture is ‘racist’ in scathing social media post
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Australian women’s tennis player Destanee Aiava announced Saturday that the 2026 season will be her last in a scathing statement about the sport posted on her social media.
Aiava, 25, described tennis as her “toxic boyfriend” in the statement posted on Instagram. She lamented being so young when she started, with her breakthrough coming when she was just 17.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
Destanee Aiava during her match against Danielle Collins at the Australian Open at Melbourne Park on Jan. 16, 2025. (Mike Frey/Imagn Images)
She wrote that tennis gave her some of her best friends and she was able to travel to places she only dreamed of. But she said the sport “took things from me,” including her relationship with her body, her family and her self-worth.
“I want to say a ginormous f— you to everyone in the tennis community who’s ever made me feel less than,” her statement continued. “F— you to every single gambler who’s sent me hate or death threats. F— you to the people who sit behind screens on social media, commenting on my body, my career, or whatever the f— they want to nitpick. And f— you to a sport that hides behind so-called class and gentlemanly values. Behind the white outfits and traditions is a culture that’s racist, misogynistic, homophobic and hostile to anyone who doesn’t fit its mould.

Destanee Aiava reacts after winning a set against Greet Minnen at Sobeys Stadium in Toronto on Aug. 5, 2024. (Dan Hamilton/USA Today Sports)
CARLOS ALCARAZ MAKES TENNIS HISTORY WITH AUSTRALIAN OPEN TITLE WIN OVER NOVAK DJOKOVIC
“Life is not meant to be lived in misery or half a–ed. My ultimate goal is to be able to wake up everyday and genuinely say I love what I do – which I think everyone deserves the chance at. I’m 25, turning 26 this year, and I feel so far behind everyone else, like I’m starting from scratch. I’m also scared. But that’s better than living a life that’s misaligned, or being around constant comparison and losing yourself.”
Aiava, then, thanked those who supported her career.

Destanee Aiava serves the ball to Jasmine Paolini during the U.S. Open at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center on Aug. 24, 2025. (Geoff Burke/Imagn Images)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
She has 10 International Tennis Federation titles on her resume and is 269-178 in singles matches. In Grand Slam events, she hasn’t made it further than the second round – which came during the 2025 Australian Open.
Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.
Sports
Morikawa wins at Pebble Beach | The Express Tribune
SAN FRANCISCO:
Collin Morikawa claimed a tense victory at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am in California on Sunday, fending off a final-day charge by top-ranked Scottie Scheffler that included three eagles.
Double major-winner Morikawa had not triumphed on the PGA Tour since 2023, but started the day in joint-second and birdied the final hole in blustery conditions to win by a stroke on 22 under par.
“It’s special for a lot of reasons,” said Morikawa, who used his win to announce that he and his wife are expecting their first child.
“We just started telling people this week, and we said, ‘what better way… to just announce it to the world, if I was able to come out and win,'” he said.
Back in the state where he was born and raised, Morikawa had pulled clear of a crowded leaderboard down the stretch with a superb 30-foot putt for birdie on the 15th, and another birdie on 16.
With benign conditions turning gusty in the final hour, Morikawa hooked his tee shot on 17 and could only manage a bogey from the oceanside rough.
He faced an agonizing 20-minute wait on the 18th fairway as Jacob Bridgeman, in the preceding group, played a shot from the beach that cracked off a cliff and back into the ocean.
But a birdie on 18 was enough to seal a single-stroke win over Australia’s Min Woo Lee and Austria’s Sepp Straka, with Scheffler and Tommy Fleetwood a further shot back.
“I tried to look out in the ocean as many times as I can. I love being out here,” said Morikawa, of the delay.
“Pebble Beach… not many places can beat this place in the world.”
Lee — chasing his second PGA Tour win, after a debut victory last March in Houston — shot 65, finishing with birdies on the final two holes.
It was in stark contrast to Lee’s finish Saturday, when the 27-year-old had bogeyed the final two holes and dramatically tossed his ball into the Pacific Ocean in frustration.
But the day’s best round came from world number one Scheffler, who started Sunday eight shots off the lead in joint 22nd, and made a remarkable charge up the leaderboard.
He began in blistering form with two eagles and three birdies in his first seven holes.
Pushing hard for the finish line, Scheffler missed long on four consecutive holes, picking up two bogeys in that stretch.
Still, Scheffler finished with another eagle for a round of 63 and the joint lead at 20 under par, just as winds picked up for the remaining players on the course.
It was not quite enough for a famous win.
“Anytime you’ve got three eagles in one round, good things are happening… Proud of the way I played today,” said Scheffler.
Defending champion Rory McIlroy also had a superb final round, carding 64, but was never in contention after three doubles and a triple bogey earlier this week.
“I wish I could have those four holes back this week. I played 68 really good ones,” said McIlroy.
“But all in all, some really good stuff this week. Pretty encouraged going into next week for sure,” added the world number two.
Morikawa’s two major victories came at the 2020 PGA Championship and the 2021 Open Championship.
Wins have dried up in recent years, and he started this season’s tour with a missed cut at the Sony Open in Hawaii, before exploding back into form at Pebble Beach.
Sports
Shaheen, Babar, Shadab’ under fire as India thrashes Pakistan – SUCH TV
Reactions poured in from across the cricketing world after India secured a comprehensive victory over Pakistan to register their third successive group-stage win in the ongoing ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2026 on Sunday.
Ishan Kishan’s breakneck 77 powered India to 175-7 at the R Premadasa Stadium, where Pakistan’s spin-heavy attack managed to apply the brakes to an extent after the opener’s exit.
The tournament co-hosts returned to bundle out Pakistan for 114 in 18 overs to register their third win in a row.
The result triggered widespread criticism from former cricketers and analysts.
Former Test cricketer Mohammad Yousuf, sharing his views on X, stressed the need for accountability and fresh talent, stating that Pakistan’s repeated underperformance against top-tier teams requires a change in approach.
“Time’s up for Shaheen, Babar, and Shadab. Pakistan’s T20 squad needs new performers, not empty wins against weaker sides,” Yousaf wrote.
Former PCB chairman Ramiz Raja criticised Pakistan’s batting collapse and the lack of growth despite facing a familiar bowling attack.
Well, that was a bit of a disaster- especially batting !! India have been fielding the same bowling attack against Pakistan since last 2/3 years and every time batsmen have been woefully ordinary …no growth.
Ex-Pakistan opener Ahmed Shehzad also slammed team selection and called for immediate changes ahead of crucial matches.
“Pathetic cricket from Pakistan. Same old faces, same old results. Please don’t fool the nation anymore. It’s still time to bring positive changes in this WC. Fakhar, Nafay, and Salman should be playing now,” he said.
Former England captain Michael Vaughan wrote: India seem to intimidate Pakistan on the cricket field .. they are so much better in all facets of the game and such a better mentality of coping with the huge occasion.
Cricketer Sohaib Maqsood said: Everyone blaming batters, yes, they played poorly, but your bowling is the reason by far for today’s defeat.
It’s not a 180 pitch, even 140 could have been tough to chase on this pitch above all we prepared on such pitches against Australia at home before the World Cup, where Agha won all the tosses and batted first. Why bowl first today?
Former Sri Lankan captain Angelo Mathews shared his observations on the high-voltage clash, highlighting the atmosphere and the performance on the field.
“Colombo was lit tonight, but India were too good for Pakistan. A convincing win by them,” Mathews wrote.
Test cricketer Abid Ali expressed his strong views on the current state of Pakistan’s T20 squad following their recent performances.
“Reputation ≠ Selection. Pakistan T20 squad needs impact players, not passengers.
Babar, Shaheen, Shadab and others must earn their spots through performance, not past glory. Fans deserve fight, not excuses. Time to reset,” Ali wrote.
-
Business6 days agoAye Finance IPO Day 2: GMP Remains Zero; Apply Or Not? Check Price, GMP, Financials, Recommendations
-
Fashion6 days agoComment: Tariffs, capacity and timing reshape sourcing decisions
-
Tech6 days agoRemoving barriers to tech careers
-
Fashion6 days agoADB commits $30 mn to support MSMEs in Philippines
-
Entertainment6 days ago‘Harry Potter’ star David Thewlis doesn’t want you to ask him THIS question
-
Sports6 days agoWinter Olympics opening ceremony host sparks fury for misidentifying Mariah Carey, other blunders
-
Fashion6 days agoSaint Laurent retains top spot as hottest brand in Q4 2025 Lyst Index
-
Fashion4 days ago$10→ $12.10 FOB: The real price of zero-duty apparel
