Connect with us

Entertainment

Backstreet Boys AJ McLean shows support to Britney Spears after DUI arrest

Published

on

Backstreet Boys AJ McLean shows support to Britney Spears after DUI arrest


AJ McLean stands by Britney Spears during tough time with legal trouble

AJ McLean is a friend Britney Spears can lean on during her tough time amid ongoing legal woes after her DUI arrest.

The Backstreet Boys member, 48, spoke in support of Spears during the iHeartRadio Music Awards 2026, as he revealed that they are also neighbours.

“We see each other every so often,” McLean said, adding, “live in the same neighborhood in the same area.”

The singer, who was nominated for the favourite onscreen category at the awards, noted that he “always just give[s] her a hug and check[s] on her” whenever he runs into the pop icon, in conversation with Page Six.

The Everybody hitmaker also added that he wishes “her the best,” without mentioning the arrest. When asked if he has spoken to her recently, he told the outlet that he hasn’t.

This comes after Spears was arrested in Ventura County, California earlier this month after she as caught swerving and speeding allegedly under the influence.

She was later released in the morning and her manager Cade Hudson released an official statement saying her actions were “inexcusable.”

While the Toxic songstress has not addressed the situation herself, an insider spilled that she is devastated and scared beyond measure for what the consequences would be.





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

“Survivor 50” finalists discuss how they planned to win the record prize

Published

on

“Survivor 50” finalists discuss how they planned to win the record prize


If you thought Aubry Bracco came out of nowhere to win the historic “Survivor 50” title on Wednesday night, you’re not alone. That was exactly the point, she said.

“When you have 23 incredible players, you have to know when to put your foot on the gas, when to slow down, and there are a lot of times when I go, ‘Oh, this is happening over here, let the attention go there.’ … You remain in the pocket and wait to strike when it is your moment,” Bracco told “CBS Mornings” co-host Gayle King on Thursday.

The New Hampshire native, who initially starred in season 32, took home the record $2 million prize on Wednesday night’s finale. Bracco made it to the final three in “Survivor: Kaôh Rōng,” but came up short in the final vote.

“I’m always having an out-of-body experience on ‘Survivor,'” Bracco told “CBS Mornings.” “[Host] Jeff [Probst] can attest, it has been 10 years and I came up just short, and you always taste it when you get that close.”

Winner Aubry Bracco, front right, attends the “Survivor 50” Live Finale with her fellow contestants at the Paramount Studios lot in Los Angeles, on May 20, 2026.

Robert Voets/CBS via Getty Images


On Thursday’s episode of “CBS Mornings,” the five finalists and Probst, who has hosted all 50 seasons of the show, discussed in-depth their strategy of how to win the show, which featured contestants from previous seasons, on Thursday.

“It is ultimately a game of social politics, and the big twist of ‘Survivor’ is you are getting rid of people that then in the end you have to persuade to give you $2 million,” Probst said. “That’s a tough thing do.”

Tiffany Nicole Ervin, who orginially appeared on season 46, said she thought she was voted out because she had “too many friends” on the jury, which made those still in the game concerned she would earn their votes if she made the final three. 

“I think that’s why I was voted out, because I was friends with everybody on the jury,” Ervin said. “I think that’s a part of what makes you a threat.”

While Bracco tried to stay out of everyone’s minds, Jonathan Young wanted everyone to underestimate him.

“I thought about ‘Survivor’ every day for four years,” Young, who initially appeared on season 42, said. “Because I played a game, I knew if you watched me, you didn’t see any strategy. I was just the big guy. So, if I wear the same clothes, if I act similar, then nobody would believe I had any strategy — and most people didn’t.”

Ervin, a New Jersey native, said she looked at “Survivor” as an “athletic competition” and had total confidence in her strategy. 

“I absolutely thought it was going to be me [who won],” Ervin said. “You don’t play a game like ‘Survivor 50,’ coming in not thinking you will be the winner.”

Survivor 50 Live Finale

Joe Hunter, Jonathan Young and Aubry Bracco attend the “Survivor 50” Live Finale at the Paramount Studios lot in Los Angeles, on May 20, 2026.

Robert Voets/CBS via Getty Images


On falling short again

Rizo Velovic had a very different experience than most of the other contestants. He appeared on season 49, and had only nine days in-between seasons, he said.

“Falling short twice obviously sucks, but to know that I’m a part of history is something that I wear as a badge of honor,” Velovic said.

Velovic, the New York native who crowned himself with the nickname RizGod, finished fourth in the last season and repeated the finish in “Survivor 50.”

Ervin, who finished eighth in season 46, was fifth in this year’s all-star show. But she had no regrets about how she played the game. 

“It is so hard to regulate your emotions when you are playing a game like ‘Survivor,'” Ervin said. “You are hungry, you are tired. You are giving your literal blood, sweat and tears into these challenges.”

“I love this game so much. It is so hard not to get emotionally invested, and above all else we are passionate,” she added. “It is so difficult not for that passion to ooze out of my pores when something is going on or whether something is going good.”

Probst explains live TV mistake

Before chatting with the contestants, King asked Probst about what happened when he accidentally revealed Velovic had lost a challenge during the live show before the taped segment had aired.

As Velovic stood next to him on stage, Probst commented that he hadn’t managed to light a campfire in the challenge that would determine the final three contestants. 

“I don’t know if there’s something in there to think about,” Probst said on the finale. “Anyway, Rizo, you’ve become the final member of our jury. Take a spot over here.”

The entire cast of the show immediately flagged Probst had messed up and the taped segment from the island hadn’t aired yet.

On Thursday’s “CBS Mornings” interview, the host explained why the mistake happened. 

“What is happening when you are doing a ‘Survivor’ finale is two things: You are running the show, the episode, and then doing the live hits where I come out and talk to one of the players,” he said. “I’m not watching the show. I’m backstage getting ready for my funny question with Rizo about if only he had practiced fire-making.” 

“So, I come out. We are all set up on the stage. We have an empty seat for Rizo. I don’t think anything is weird. It wasn’t until I started talking to Rizo about losing in fire that I’m telling —we had 1,200 people there — I could collectively feel the energy go to an emoji like this,” Probst said, mimicking the shocked-face emoji.

“What happened, I’m still not sure. We have a big team, mistakes happen. But we got ahead of ourselves,” he said.

Probst relayed that Rizo later told him he was confused what was happening as well. The host said Rizo told him, “I don’t know why he is sending me to the jury, I haven’t lost yet.” 

“Live TV,” Probst said.



Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Top 5 “Survivor 50” contestants discuss their game strategies

Published

on

Top 5 “Survivor 50” contestants discuss their game strategies




Top 5 “Survivor 50” contestants discuss their game strategies – CBS News










































Watch CBS News



“Survivor” host Jeff Probst joins Gayle King and the top five contestants from “Survivor 50” after the jury crowned a winner in the legendary game.



Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Britney Spears police report sheds new light on singer’s March DUI arrest

Published

on

Britney Spears police report sheds new light on singer’s March DUI arrest


The ‘Toxic’ hitmaker accepted a ‘wet reckless’ plea deal and must serve a 12-month probation

New details about Britney Spears’ March DUI arrest have emerged.

According to the arrest report obtained by US Weekly on May 20, the princess of pop was pulled over near her Ventura County home after police received complaints about a driver allegedly “traveling at high speeds and swerving.”

The report claimed officers saw Spears’ vehicle drift into another lane multiple times before she was stopped around 9 p.m. on March 4. During the interaction, police alleged they smelled alcohol coming from the car, though Spears reportedly said she had only consumed “one champagne mimosa” several hours earlier.

The Toxic hitmaker also allegedly told officers, “I could probably drink four bottles of wine and take care of you, I’m an angel.”

According to the report, Spears, 44, disclosed she had taken Lamictal, Prozac and Adderall earlier that day. Officers also claimed they found a bottle labelled “Adderall” that was not prescribed to her, along with an empty wine glass inside the vehicle.

Police further alleged Spears initially refused to exit the car, saying she had been “pranked and harassed in the past.” The report described Spears’ “drastic mood swings” throughout the encounter, adding that she sometimes spoke with a British accent.

On April 30, Spears was officially charged with one count of driving under the influence. However, that charge was later dismissed when Spears accepted a “wet reckless” plea deal instead as there was no crash or injury.

The singer is sentenced to 12 months of probation and one day in jail. She must also complete a mandatory DUI class and frequently see mental health professionals. 





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending