Connect with us

Sports

Fakhar Zaman, Saim Ayub ruled out of Pakistan vs Australia ODI series – SUCH TV

Published

on

Fakhar Zaman, Saim Ayub ruled out of Pakistan vs Australia ODI series – SUCH TV



Openers Fakhar Zaman and Saim Ayub have been ruled out of Pakistan’s upcoming one-day international (ODI) series against Australia, the cricket board said on Wednesday.

In a statement, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said that the opening batters “will not be available for selection for the upcoming three-match ODI series […] scheduled to begin on 30 May during Australia’s tour of Pakistan”.

The board further noted that both players are currently recovering from injuries and have been advised to continue their rehabilitation programmes under the supervision of the PCB medical panel.

“Consequently, they have been ruled out of selection for the ODI series. The PCB wishes both players a speedy recovery and looks forward to seeing them return to competitive cricket at the earliest opportunity.”

Further updates regarding the squad and player fitness, as mentioned in the statement, will be shared in due course.

The ODI series will begin on Saturday, May 30, with the opening match scheduled at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium.

The second and third ODIs will be played at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore on June 2 and 4, respectively. All matches will start at 4:30pm local time.

The series marks Australia’s return to Pakistan for a 50-over bilateral assignment since their 2022 tour, when the hosts secured a 2–1 series victory.

Earlier this year, Australia also toured Pakistan for a T20I series in January-February, where Pakistan completed a 3-0 clean sweep in Lahore.

 



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Mets reverse course on issuing team legend’s famed number to prospect after fan outrage: ‘Just seems wrong’

Published

on

Mets reverse course on issuing team legend’s famed number to prospect after fan outrage: ‘Just seems wrong’


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The New York Mets‘ youth movement continued Tuesday night, but another decision regarding it caused almost immediate backlash.

The Mets promoted outfield prospect Nick Morabito ahead of their game against their NL East rival, the Washington Nationals, and he was issued No. 8, which had not been worn by a Met since 2001.

The reason the Mets have mostly kept it out of rotation is in honor of Gary Carter, who helped lead the 1986 Mets to the World Series, although the number has never been officially retired. Carter spent five seasons with the Mets and was an All-Star in four of them after starring for the Montreal Expos.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Nick Morabito and Gary Carter

Nick Morabito was issued Gary Carter’s famed No. 8. (Randy Litzinger, George Gojkovich/Getty Images)

With the Mets, the catcher was a fan favorite and an MVP candidate. He played in Queens from 1985 to 1989, and it’s been seldom issued since he left the team. Three players had worn it after Carter, with the most recent being Desi Relaford in 2001.

That changed Tuesday, and it quickly irked fans and even longtime Mets play-by-play announcer Howie Rose.

“There’s been a debate over whether Gary Carter’s number should be retired, but to release it this 40th anniversary season of 1986 just seems wrong,” Rose posted to X.

New York Mets left fielder Nick Morabito preparing to swing at a pitch at Nationals Park

New York Mets left fielder Nick Morabito prepares to swing at a pitch against the Washington Nationals during the sixth inning at Nationals Park in Washington, D.C., on May 19, 2026. (Rafael Suanes/Imagn Images)

YANKEES’ AARON BOONE FURIOUSLY YELLS AT UMPIRE OVER CATCH DURING WIN OVER BLUE JAYS, GETS EJECTED

The New York Post, however, reported that Morabito will be given No. 55 instead. It was too late, though, to make the change Tuesday, so Morabito took the field with No. 8.

The Mets have honored their former players more since Steve Cohen bought the team from the Wilpons in 2020. Before Cohen’s ownership, only the numbers of Casey Stengel, Gil Hodges, Tom Seaver and Mike Piazza were retired, but since Cohen bought the team, six numbers have been retired, with a seventh coming this summer.

But none have been for Carter, who died in 2012.

David Wright, Darryl Strawberry, Doc Gooden, Keith Hernandez, Willie Mays and Jerry Koosman have all had their numbers put up in the Citi Field rafters, and Carlos Beltran will join them this year.

Nick Morabito jogging to first base at Nationals Park in Washington, D.C.

Nick Morabito of the New York Mets jogs to first base during the third inning of his major league debut against the Washington Nationals at Nationals Park in Washington, D.C., on May 19, 2026. (Jess Rapfogel/Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Morabito almost made a spectacular play in left field, but a ball ricocheted off his glove and resulted in an inside-the-park home run for Nats slugger James Wood. He did make a splendid over-the-wall catch in foul territory.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.





Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Friday night problems: Alabama high school football coach banned for season after recruiting violation

Published

on

Friday night problems: Alabama high school football coach banned for season after recruiting violation


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The State of Alabama is the latest to crack down on recruiting within high school football, with Mary G. Montgomery head coach Zach Golson being suspended for the upcming season.

You might be wondering what type of recruiting violations would end up getting a coach escorted out of the school after being placed on administrative leave when accusations started flying.

Well, in my neck of the woods of Semmes, Alabama, keeping a secret or not running to social media to blast the latest gossip is essentially a rite of passage.

Located just outside of Mobile, which is home to Hank Aaron, Ozzie Smith, Jake Peavy, JaMarcus Russell, Tee Martin, Satchel Paige and plenty of other legends, Mary G. Montgomery has made plenty of noise over the past four years under coach Zach Golson.

Brendan Sorsby admits to gambling on his own team, sues NCAA in Lubbock court for injunction

During his time as the head coach, Golson had accumulated a 37-10 record at the Division 7A level of Alabama high school football, which also put a target on his back from opposing coaches in the area and state.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

MGM head coach Zach Golson (Mary G. Montgomery Athletics)

Honestly, during my time at Davidson High School, MGM was one of those games that you knew would be an easy night on the field, though I’m not going to act as if I played.

You could catch me on the soccer field, and even then I wasn’t getting on the pitch until we had secured at least a three-score lead.

OK, back to the reason why Mary G. Montgomery will not have its head coach for the upcoming season.

While back home last month for a visit with family, along with making a trek down I-10 towards a college not to be named (future story), the MGM Vikings were brought up numerous times as the latest scuttlebutt of weird improprieties in high school recruiting.

Just think of the show ‘Friday Night Lights’ and ‘Buddy Garrity’

According to a few people who couldn’t resist the opportunity to spread some gossip about things I had missed, MGM head coach Zach Golson allegedly held an event for eighth-grade students who were intending to play for the high school next season.

FOX10 News in Mobile, Alabama, reported that a principal from an opposing school turned in the MGM football program.

The problem is that the location of MGM also coincides with schools like Blount High, Baker and even Vigor, which leads to some interesting recruiting tactics being used if you are not within a certain zoning area. If you are in the Blount housing zone, that’s the school in which you are to attend.

Brendan Sorsby’s lawsuit against NCAA could set a dangerous precedent in college sports moving forward

So, if a coach were to maybe maneuver a few things to get a player into his district, and I’m not implying Zach Golson did this, you can see how opposing coaches would be upset.

Just think of that scene from the show “Friday Night Lights” when “Buddy” put in a fake mailbox so he could allow some talented players to use the ‘house’ as their home address so they could play for the Dillon Panthers. If you remember, this was the reason why Luke Cafferty had to play for East Dillon, which turned out to be a blessing for coach Eric Taylor.

Brad Leland as Buddy Garrity and Kyle Chandler as Coach Eric Taylor standing together

Brad Leland portrays Buddy Garrity and Kyle Chandler plays Coach Eric Taylor in episode 12 of “Texas Whatever” from Friday Night Lights. (Bill Records/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank)

So, MGM obviously had to turn themselves in for recruiting violations

In the case of head coach Zach Golson, the signing day ceremony that included youngsters who were not in his district, which were plastered across social media, has ended up costing him a year of coaching.

Turns out, this would be all the evidence opposing schools needed to turn in Golson, which led to him being placed on administrative leave, along with being told to exit school grounds. He was then suspended for the entire 2026-2027 season.

I know what you’re probably thinking, and yes this seems a bit excessive. But, high school football is obviously pretty competitive to say the least.

In the aftermath of the school finding out that evidence existed of this alleged poorly executed ceremony, with the Alabama High School Athletic Association having already been tipped-off about the event, Mary G. Montgomery officials confessed to the recruiting violations.

Not only was the school placed on probation for next season, but they will not be allowed to participate in the postseason, thanks to a ridiculous ceremony for eighth-grade students. And, if an opposing team were to lose to MGM, the game will not count towards their overall record in Division 6A, Region 1 standings.

For the students who participated in the ceremony and were not in MGM’s district, they will have to play for the school located within their housing zone.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

So, because of the actions of its now suspended head coach, who is known for being a great guy, MGM players are essentially playing a seasons worth of exhibitions games. This is the worst part of it all.

What an absolute sham for those players caught up in this nonsense.

But, that’s recruiting during an era where we also have what is essentially a transfer portal for high school athletes.



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

WTAP, PTF discuss measures to promote women’s tennis in Pakistan | The Express Tribune

Published

on

WTAP, PTF discuss measures to promote women’s tennis in Pakistan | The Express Tribune


The meeting was chaired by Mr. Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi


ISLAMABAD:

A meeting of the Women Tennis Association of Pakistan (WTAP) was held today at the Pakistan Tennis Federation (PTF) Tennis Complex, Islamabad. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi, President of the Pakistan Tennis Federation.

The meeting was attended by Ms. Asma Khawar Khawaja (President WTAP), Mrs. Zaira Ahmad Zaka (Secretary General WTAP), Ms. Sarah Ibrahim Khan (Treasurer WTAP), Ms. Sara Mansoor (NDD-PTF), Mrs. Shahida Kausar Farooq, Ms.Bakhtawar Raja, Ms. Mehreen Haider, Mahnoor Haider, Mr. Adil Bari, Mr. Ali Ashraf, Ms. Meheq Khokhar, Ms. Gulmira, and Ms. Ushan Suhail.

The participants discussed various matters related to the promotion and development of women’s tennis in Pakistan. Special focus was given to organizing more tournaments and development activities for young girls and women across the country.

The meeting also reviewed preparations and planning for Pakistan’s participation in the upcoming Billie Jean King Cup and emphasized the importance of providing better opportunities and exposure to female tennis players.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr.Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi reaffirmed PTF’s commitment to the growth of women’s tennis and assured full support for initiatives aimed at encouraging female participation in the sport.

The participants appreciated the efforts of the Pakistan Tennis Federation for promoting women’s tennis and expressed their commitment to working collectively for the development of the game in Pakistan.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending