Entertainment
IHC orders to re-record witnesses’ statements in Imaan Mazari controversial tweets case
- Hadi appears in court; Imaan represented by lawyers.
- SC instructed hearing of both parties before verdict.
- Verdict can be given based on available record: AAG.
The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Tuesday directed the trial court, seized with controversial social media posts case against Imaan Mazari and her husband Hadi Ali Chattha, to re-record witnesses’ statements within three days.
IHC Justice Mohammed Azam Khan issued the directives while hearing a petition filed by Mazari, challenging the trial court’s November 19 order. Chatha appeared before the court, while Mazari was represented by her lawyers.
“Merit is not being considered. We are directing the trial court to re-record the witnesses’ testimonies within three days […] Supreme Court has directed us to decide the matter at the earliest,” Justice Azam Khan remarked while hearing the case.
Defence counsel Riasat Ali told the court that the Supreme Court had instructed that both parties be heard before a decision.
During the hearing, the assistant attorney general said that all records were present before the court and argued that the testimonies recorded so far were legally valid. “All records are before the court. A verdict can be made based on them,” he said.
The IHC judge raised questions about trial procedures and the presence of legal representatives. “If Imaan Mazari was not present in court, was her pleader present?” Justice Azam Khan asked.
The court also sought clarification on the timeline for re-recording the testimonies. “How long will it take to re-record the testimonies?” Justice Azam Khan asked the defence counsel.
Advocate Riasat requested more time, saying that arguments on merit would be presented by Faisal Siddiqui. “If we are to hear the matter on merit, we need time. Faisal Siddiqui will present the arguments,” he said.
Justice Azam Khan instructed that the case be adjourned till tomorrow and asked Faisal Siddiqui to appear for arguments.
Meanwhile, the apex court, last week, issued directives to halt the trial of lawyer Mazari and her husband in the controversial tweets case.
A three-member SC bench comprising Justice Hashim Khan Kakar, Justice Salahuddin Panhwar and Justice Ishtiaq Ibrahim heard and accepted Mazari’s plea against the Islamabad High Court verdict which had dismissed the lawyer’s plea seeking to stop the trial in the additional sessions judge’s court.
The court, in its verdict, said that the trial in the said case should be halted till the decision of the IHC.
Mazari and Chattha were booked in a case registered by the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency (NCCIA) under Sections 9, 10, 11 and 26 of the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act (Peca), 2016 and were subsequently indicted on October 30.
Entertainment
Katsuhiro Otomo gives major update on ‘Orbital Era’ with new studio
Katsuhiro Otomo has started a new animation studio called Oval Gear and it quickly caught the attention of anime fans around the world.
The move brought new hope for his long delayed film Orbital Era, which was first started buzzing about a few years ago but never fully updated.
The studio has now gone live with its official website and fans noticed something important right away.
The site, however, shows visuals that match Orbital Era, including a space themed character that was previously linked to the film. This made many people believe that the project may finally be active again.
Oval Gear explains on its website that the studio was created to pass on Otomo’s creative style to new artists while also building new anime projects for the future.
It also says the studio wants to share new stories with global audiences.
Another key detail is that the studio is hiring new staff, as this usually means work is starting behind the scenes and a project is being built step by step.
Fans have been waiting for years because Otomo has not directed a major anime film in a long time, as his last major anime work was connected to Short Peace in 2013.
With this new studio launch, excitement has returned and many now believe Orbital Era could finally move closer to becoming a real film.
Entertainment
Cardi B nearly passes out during parenting moment: ‘I can’t handle it’
Cardi B had a relatable parenting moment after nearly wilting under the sun at her son Wave’s baseball game.
Over the weekend, the Grammy-rapper showed up to support her 4-year-old and even threw the first pitch, but later admitted the outdoor heat had her feeling like she was on the verge of collapse.
The mom-of-four opened up about the experience on Instagram Stories after videos of her walking onto the field with Wave and tossing the ceremonial pitch went viral online. While Cardi looked confident on the diamond as fans cheered her on, she quickly learned that surviving the weather was the real challenge.
“This is why I say I’m such a girls’ mom,” she joked. “A dance recital inside, I love it. I love a dance recital inside.”
“Being outside in this heat for a baseball game, urgh, I can’t handle it,” she continued, before adding, “I’m ready to pass out, I can’t handle it.”
The Bodack Yellow hitmaker shares daughter Kulture, son Wave and daughter Blossom with estranged husband Offset, and welcomed a son with NFL star Stefon Diggs in November 2025.
The outing also comes as Cardi and Diggs continue fuelling reconciliation rumours after recently being spotted together at his Mother’s Day wellness event.
That followed another viral sighting that appeared to show the pair in a heated exchange, which Cardi later joked about on X.
“Sometimes I forget I’m a celebrity… damn y’all ain’t never cuss your babydad out when you hungry?” she quipped.
Entertainment
After provinces, Centre lifts austerity-driven business-hour curbs until May 31
- Shops and malls exempt from closure timings.
- Punjab, Sindh already eased business restrictions earlier.
- Energy conservation curbs imposed earlier now relaxed.
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Monday approved the exemption of business closure timings across the country until May 31, effectively allowing commercial centres to operate without the previously imposed restrictions.
According to a notification issued by the Cabinet Division, all shops, departmental stores, bazaars, markets and shopping malls will remain open on all days of the week without restriction on closing hours.
The exemption also applies to bakeries, tandoors, restaurants and grocery stores, which have been allowed to continue operations beyond the earlier fixed timings.
The decision comes after provincial governments had already relaxed business-hour restrictions. The Punjab government had earlier extended relaxed operating hours for markets and commercial centres until June 1, while suspending the mandatory 8pm closure rule.
Similarly, the Sindh government had on May 16 announced relief for traders and citizens, exempting markets, shopping malls, restaurants, hotels and marriage halls from fixed closing times in a bid to support economic activity.
Meanwhile, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan governments also followed suit, announcing the end of smart lockdown measures across the province and lifting restrictions on market timings and business hours.
Business hours were curtailed across the country last month as part of energy conservation measures introduced amid a sharp increase in domestic fuel prices, triggered by the conflict in the Middle East.
The measures, which formed part of the federal government’s broader austerity and fuel-conservation plan, were aimed at reducing energy consumption following the surge in fuel prices.
-
Entertainment5 days agoConan O’Brien hat tricks as Oscar host
-
Tech1 week agoCould Contact-Tracing Apps Help With the Hantavirus? Not Really
-
Fashion5 days agoItaly’s Zegna Group’s Q1 growth boosted by strong organic performance
-
Sports1 week agoBobby Cox, legendary Atlanta Braves manager who led 1995 World Series champions, dead at 84
-
Entertainment1 week agoMartin Short: Facing tragedy with joy
-
Entertainment1 week agoTom Brady gets back at Kevin Hart during Netflix roast
-
Entertainment1 week agoMartha Stewart: How to make an omelet
-
Sports1 week agoJacob Fatu unleashes vicious assault on Roman Reigns after World Heavyweight Championship loss at WWE Backlash
