Connect with us

Entertainment

Savannah Guthrie is returning to “Today” show on April 6, NBC says

Published

on

Savannah Guthrie is returning to “Today” show on April 6, NBC says


“Today” show co-host Savannah Guthrie will return to the program on April 6, host Hoda Kotb announced on the program’s Friday broadcast. 

The investigation into the disappearance of Guthrie’s mother, Nancy Guthrie, is still continuing. In an interview on “Today,” Savannah Guthrie made a tearful plea for someone “to do the right thing” and share information to help solve the case. 

It has been nearly two months since authorities believe Nancy Guthrie, 84, was taken from her Tucson, Arizona, home after she was last seen on the night of Jan. 31. 

In a portion of the interview with Kotb that aired Friday, Savannah Guthrie said she wants to return to the show “because it’s my family.”

“I think it’s part of my purpose right now. I want to smile. And when I do, it will be real. And my joy will be my protest. My joy will be my answer. And being there is joyful,” Guthrie said. 

She added, “I consider this my family, my greater family, and when times are hard, you want to be with your family and I want to be with my family. And so, I don’t know if I can do it. I don’t know if I’ll belong anymore, but I would like to try.”

Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance

Nancy Guthrie was reported missing on Sunday, Feb. 1, the morning after she had dinner at her daughter Annie’s house and was dropped off back at her own home for the night. Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos told CBS News he believes she was abducted in the middle of the night, and he has also said family members and their spouses have all been ruled out as possible suspects.

Evidence later showed that a doorbell camera at Nancy Guthrie’s home disconnected at 1:47 a.m. Images and video retrieved from the camera system’s data and released by the FBI showed a man in a face mask, gloves and backpack at her door overnight.

No suspects have been named in the case. The Guthrie family is offering a $1 million reward for information leading to Nancy Guthrie’s recovery. The FBI is also offering a separate reward of $100,000.

Savannah Guthrie’s appeals

Savannah Guthrie has made several appeals for people with information about her mother to come forward, including a tearful plea in a two-part interview this week on “Today.”

“We are in agony. We are in agony,” an emotional Guthrie told Kotb in a clip released Wednesday. “It is unbearable, and to think of what she went through, I wake up every night in the middle of the night, every night, and in the darkness, I imagine her terror, and it is unthinkable, but those thoughts demand to be thought.”

She and her siblings have also released video pleas on social media.

As authorities continued to search for her mother, Guthrie stepped back from her duties at NBC, including dropping out of hosting the network’s 2026 Winter Olympics broadcast last month.

“Someone needs to do the right thing,” Savannah Guthrie said in Wednesday’s clip. She also said, “I will not hide my face, but she needs to come home now.”



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Quentin Tarantino Vs. Brad Pitt: Co-star recalls onset fight

Published

on

Quentin Tarantino Vs. Brad Pitt: Co-star recalls onset fight


Quentin Tarantino Vs. Brad Pitt: Co-star recalls onset fight

A behind-the-scenes clash between Brad Pitt and Quentin Tarantino on the set of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood has been revealed, and it sounds like it was quite the moment.

The story comes courtesy of Bruce Dern, 89, who played elderly ranch owner George Spahn in the 2019 film and was present when the confrontation unfolded. 

Dern told PEOPLE that the incident occurred during the scene in which Pitt’s character Cliff Booth visits the ranch to check on George, a moment that featured one of Dern’s signature improvised dialogues, which he cheerfully refers to as a “Dernsie.”

Mid-scene, as Dern was doing his thing, Pitt did something that no actor is supposed to do on a Tarantino set. 

He called cut. 

“I’m looking at him. [Pitt] cut the camera,” Dern recalled. “The look on Quentin’s face, I mean, he was insanely grave, and he said, ‘Brad, what did you just do?'”

Tarantino’s response was unambiguous. 

“He said, ‘Well, I cut the camera.’ He said, ‘Never again in your life will you ever cut a camera or you’ll be dead in this business. That’s my domain. Don’t stop behavior.'”

Pitt’s defence, Dern revealed, was straightforward if not exactly well-received: “All Brad did was say to him, ‘Well, that wasn’t in the script what he said.'” 

The implication being that Dern’s improvisation had thrown him, which, given that a “Dernsie” can apparently happen at any moment, is perhaps understandable, if not forgivable in Tarantino’s eyes.

Filming resumed, and Dern delivered a new improvised line for the ages: “I don’t know who you are, but you touched me today. You came to visit me, now I gotta go back to sleep.” 

Pitt went on to win the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for the role.

Despite the friction on set, the relationship between director and star has clearly survived. 

A source told the Daily Mail that Tarantino ranks among Pitt’s favourite directors and that the two share a strong rapport. Representatives for both have been contacted for comment.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Emily in Paris’ to end with season 6: Lilly Collins reacts

Published

on

‘Emily in Paris’ to end with season 6: Lilly Collins reacts


‘Emily in Paris’ season 6 will premiere on December 17

Au revoir, Emily Cooper.

After years of love triangles, fashion moments and chaotic career pivots across Europe, Emily in Paris is officially heading toward its final chapter. Netflix confirmed on May 21 that the upcoming sixth season, set to premiere on December 17, of the hit series will also be its last.

The announcement came as production kicked off in Greece, with creator Darren Star reflecting on the show’s run in a heartfelt statement.

“Making Emily in Paris with this extraordinary cast and crew has been the trip of a lifetime,” Star shared. “As we embark on the final season, I am so grateful to Netflix, Paramount and, most importantly, the fans who have taken this incredible journey with us.”

Emily in Paris to end with season 6: Lilly Collins reacts

“We can’t wait to share this last chapter with you. Thank you for letting us be a part of your lives, inspiring your dreams of travel and your love of Paris. We will always have Emily in Paris!”

Series star Lily Collins also addressed fans in a video shared online alongside behind-the-scenes footage from set.

“Hey, it’s Lily, I just wanted to share something with you all,” Collins said. “After six unforgettable years of playing Emily Cooper, I’m here to share that this upcoming sixth season will be our final.”

She continued, “Season 6 will bring you everything you love about the show and serve as the final chapter in Emily’s adventure of a lifetime.”

The Netflix hit first premiered in 2020 and quickly became one of the platform’s biggest comfort-watch sensations. Season 6 will reportedly film in Greece and Monaco as Emily’s European adventure comes to a close.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

All 24 "Survivor 50" castaways reflect on eliminations, historic season

Published

on

All 24 "Survivor 50" castaways reflect on eliminations, historic season



Throughout the airing of “Survivor 50,” castaways joined “CBS Mornings” to discuss their time on the show. In this marathon, relive the twists and turns and hear from all 24 contestants about what it was like to be a part of the 50th season.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending