Connect with us

Entertainment

Top MQM-P leader demands PM reinstate Kamran Tessori as Sindh governor

Published

on

Top MQM-P leader demands PM reinstate Kamran Tessori as Sindh governor


This collage shows from left to right Kamran Tessori, PM Shehbaz Sharif and Dr Farooq Sattar. — PID/Facebook@TeamKTessori/dfsmqm
  • Farooq Sattar urges PM to review his decision.
  • Tessori was replaced by government last week.
  • Tessori became governor in October 2022.

KARACHI: A top Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) leader has sought the restoration of Karam Tessori as the Sindh governor.

In a statement, MQM-P Senior Deputy Convener Farooq Sattar said: “Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif should review his decision to remove Kamran Tessori and reinstate him [as the Sindh governor]”.

Tessori, a MQM-P leader, was removed from the post last week with the government appointing Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) stalwart Nehal Hashmi in his place.

Following the PM’s decision to recommend Hashmi for the post, the MQM-P stated that the party was not taken into confidence by the federal government regarding the decision.

Tessori became governor in October 2022 following Imran Ismail’s departure.

Hashmi, meanwhile, after taking oath as the governor last week, said that the MQM-P remains an ally of the PML-N despite the change — the parties are coalition partners in the Centre.

Who is the new governor?

Born in Karachi on January 28, 1960, Hashmi is a prominent lawyer and a seasoned politician. He began practising law in the late 1980s and earlier founded a political organisation called the All Pakistan Youth League during his student years, according to The News.

He formally joined the PML-N in 1992 and served as adviser on law, justice and human rights to then-prime minister Nawaz Sharif from 1997 to 1999. Hashmi also played an important legal role in several high-profile cases, including those related to Nawaz and the tribunal concerning Murtaza Bhutto.

He later served as president of the PML-N Karachi in 2012 and was appointed general secretary of the party in Sindh in August 2014. Hashmi became a member of the Senate of Pakistan in March 2015 and served until February 2018.

In 2017, he was expelled from the party over a controversial statement linked to the Panama Papers case in Pakistan, but his party membership was restored in 2021.

In February 2018, he was sentenced to one month in prison and fined Rs50,000 in a contempt of court case, resulting in the termination of his Senate membership and a five-year disqualification.He was released after completing his sentence.





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Big Sean reflects on Coachella mental health speech for Hailey, Justin Bieber

Published

on

Big Sean reflects on Coachella mental health speech for Hailey, Justin Bieber


Big Sean reflects on Coachella mental health speech for Hailey, Justin Bieber

Big Sean has opened up about the viral moment he delivered an impromptu mental health speech to Justin Bieber on stage at Coachella, and revealed that both Justin and Hailey Bieber reached out to him days later to say they were still riding the emotional high from his words.

The rapper, 38, spoke to PEOPLE at Mindful Nation’s Mental Health Awareness Month event at Live Nation’s Beverly Hills headquarters on Wednesday, 20 May, reflecting on the surprise appearance he made during Coachella Weekend 2 last month. 

During their joint set, Sean addressed Bieber directly in front of thousands of fans, telling him in a heartfelt speech: “God has his hands on you.” 

The moment went viral almost immediately.

What made it all the more remarkable, Sean said, was that none of it was planned. 

“I didn’t know that I was gonna say what I said on stage. I was just inspired,” he told PEOPLE

He described a pre-show ritual that keeps him open to those kinds of moments, morning meditation, journaling, and prayer before he steps out in front of a crowd. 

“Before I go on stage, I always pray for God to speak through me,” he said. “I always try and keep myself open to the word of God or the angels around me, because I’m blind behind the miracles I’ve seen.”

In fact, Sean was so caught up in the moment that he barely remembered what he had said once he came offstage. 

“When I got offstage and people were like, ‘What you said was so…’ And I’m like, ‘Damn, what did I say?’ I had to go back and listen,” he admitted.

The Biebers, he said, were genuinely moved. 

“They both hit me after. I was kicking with them after, but they hit me days later, like, ‘What you said, we’re still on a high off of it and still appreciated and so great what you said.’ And Justin was like, ‘Man, you drop big bars, you drop some bars, man.’ I’m like, I didn’t even really, it wasn’t my intention.”

The two have been friends since 2011, and Sean spoke warmly about what Bieber has been through. 

“He’s somebody who has given his whole life to the music, and has grown up in a public eye and has just gone through the ups and downs and been taken advantage of a lot, I feel like, from a lot of people,” he said, adding that Bieber is “not a perfect man and he knows that and he’s been learning with us all.”

The event also featured a book signing for Sean’s 2025 bestseller Go Higher: Five Practices for Purpose, Success, and Inner Peace, which includes a foreword from Jay Shetty. 

He hinted that a second book could follow, describing writing as both a passion and a purpose. 

He also revealed, to lighter laughter, that skydiving will not be among his future wellness practices. “When I was in the air, I’m like, I don’t need to do this again,” he joked.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Quentin Tarantino Vs. Brad Pitt: Co-star recalls onset fight

Published

on

Quentin Tarantino Vs. Brad Pitt: Co-star recalls onset fight


Quentin Tarantino Vs. Brad Pitt: Co-star recalls onset fight

A behind-the-scenes clash between Brad Pitt and Quentin Tarantino on the set of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood has been revealed, and it sounds like it was quite the moment.

The story comes courtesy of Bruce Dern, 89, who played elderly ranch owner George Spahn in the 2019 film and was present when the confrontation unfolded. 

Dern told PEOPLE that the incident occurred during the scene in which Pitt’s character Cliff Booth visits the ranch to check on George, a moment that featured one of Dern’s signature improvised dialogues, which he cheerfully refers to as a “Dernsie.”

Mid-scene, as Dern was doing his thing, Pitt did something that no actor is supposed to do on a Tarantino set. 

He called cut. 

“I’m looking at him. [Pitt] cut the camera,” Dern recalled. “The look on Quentin’s face, I mean, he was insanely grave, and he said, ‘Brad, what did you just do?'”

Tarantino’s response was unambiguous. 

“He said, ‘Well, I cut the camera.’ He said, ‘Never again in your life will you ever cut a camera or you’ll be dead in this business. That’s my domain. Don’t stop behavior.'”

Pitt’s defence, Dern revealed, was straightforward if not exactly well-received: “All Brad did was say to him, ‘Well, that wasn’t in the script what he said.'” 

The implication being that Dern’s improvisation had thrown him, which, given that a “Dernsie” can apparently happen at any moment, is perhaps understandable, if not forgivable in Tarantino’s eyes.

Filming resumed, and Dern delivered a new improvised line for the ages: “I don’t know who you are, but you touched me today. You came to visit me, now I gotta go back to sleep.” 

Pitt went on to win the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for the role.

Despite the friction on set, the relationship between director and star has clearly survived. 

A source told the Daily Mail that Tarantino ranks among Pitt’s favourite directors and that the two share a strong rapport. Representatives for both have been contacted for comment.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Emily in Paris’ to end with season 6: Lilly Collins reacts

Published

on

‘Emily in Paris’ to end with season 6: Lilly Collins reacts


‘Emily in Paris’ season 6 will premiere on December 17

Au revoir, Emily Cooper.

After years of love triangles, fashion moments and chaotic career pivots across Europe, Emily in Paris is officially heading toward its final chapter. Netflix confirmed on May 21 that the upcoming sixth season, set to premiere on December 17, of the hit series will also be its last.

The announcement came as production kicked off in Greece, with creator Darren Star reflecting on the show’s run in a heartfelt statement.

“Making Emily in Paris with this extraordinary cast and crew has been the trip of a lifetime,” Star shared. “As we embark on the final season, I am so grateful to Netflix, Paramount and, most importantly, the fans who have taken this incredible journey with us.”

Emily in Paris to end with season 6: Lilly Collins reacts

“We can’t wait to share this last chapter with you. Thank you for letting us be a part of your lives, inspiring your dreams of travel and your love of Paris. We will always have Emily in Paris!”

Series star Lily Collins also addressed fans in a video shared online alongside behind-the-scenes footage from set.

“Hey, it’s Lily, I just wanted to share something with you all,” Collins said. “After six unforgettable years of playing Emily Cooper, I’m here to share that this upcoming sixth season will be our final.”

She continued, “Season 6 will bring you everything you love about the show and serve as the final chapter in Emily’s adventure of a lifetime.”

The Netflix hit first premiered in 2020 and quickly became one of the platform’s biggest comfort-watch sensations. Season 6 will reportedly film in Greece and Monaco as Emily’s European adventure comes to a close.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending