Connect with us

Entertainment

Cabinet approves 15% raise in EOBI pensions

Published

on

Cabinet approves 15% raise in EOBI pensions


An undated photo of the federal cabinet in Islamabad. — Radio Pakistan/File 

In a sigh of relief for retired employees, the federal government approved a 15% increase in pensions under the Employees’ Old-Age Benefits Institution (EOBI) on Saturday.

Talking to journalists, following the cabinet meeting, Minister for Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development Chaudhry Salik Hussain said: “EOBI pensions have been increased.”

He said that the EOBI pensioners will be paid, including arrears, from September 1, the minister added. Hussain said that the EOBI would release Rs10 billion in monthly pension.

“Pensioners with long service will now be able to receive a pension of more than Rs30,000 per month,” the minister added.

He maintained that a committee had been formed to include the informal sector and domestic workers in the EOBI. The committee would also work towards including agricultural labourers in the EOBI system, Hussain added.

The fresh increase in pension is in addition to the 15% raise approved by the cabinet last month.

In July, the cabinet approved a 15% hike in pensions under the EOBI, which was to take effect from January 1, 2025.

Earlier this week, the EOBI assured the National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development that the pensions would be released, with the minimum pension raised from Rs10,000 to Rs11,500 with effect from January 1, 2025 to be disbursed along with all arrears on September 1, 2025.





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

'Jujutsu Kaisen' announces season three release date

Published

on

'Jujutsu Kaisen' announces season three release date



Crunchyroll unveils the teaser for Jujutsu Kaisen season three, which is set to be released in January 2026. The announcement was made during the platform’s fifth special.



Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Meghan Markle iterates her Netflix show is ‘not about marrying Prince Harry’

Published

on

Meghan Markle iterates her Netflix show is ‘not about marrying Prince Harry’


Meghan Markle iterates her Netflix show is ‘not about marrying Prince Harry’

Meghan Markle is lauded for keeping her lfiestyle show apart from Prince Harry.

The Duchess of Sussex, who seldom talks about the Duke of Sussex on the latest season of ‘With Love, Meghan,’ on Netflix, does not feature a cameo from her husband in order to keep her identity intact.

Royal expert Jennie Bond told the Mirror : “I think Meghan is very wise to keep the focus on her. This is her baby, her project, and I think Harry has deliberately kept out of the way so that the spotlight shines on his wife.”

“She talks about him from time to time in the new series and also mentions her children,” she said. “But this is a lifestyle show about cooking and crafting and chatting with her guests. It’s not about being married to a prince. It’s about being an influencer and selling her products. And it seems to be doing the job rather well.”





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Jeremy Allen White reveals why playing Bruce Springsteen was ‘daunting’

Published

on

Jeremy Allen White reveals why playing Bruce Springsteen was ‘daunting’


Jeremy Allen White opens up about the challenge of playing Bruce Springsteen

Jeremy Allen White recently got candid and revealed what he felt while playing Bruce Springsteen.

The 34-year-old American actor appeared on the WTF podcast, where he shared that he did not have enough musical training before he agreed to play the legendary singer-songwriter and guitarist in his biopic Springsteen: Deliver Me From Nowhere.

While conversing with his costar Marc Maron, who is playing Chuck Plotkin in the forthcoming biographical musical drama film written and directed by Scott Cooper, White spilled the tea on playing Springsteen before the man himself.

He said, “I had not had a lot of experience, or any experience, singing or playing guitar, so that was daunting to say the least in the beginning.”

The Mandalorian and Grogu noted that during the filming, Springsteen “couldn’t tell the difference” between their vocals at times for which he gave credit to vocal coach Eric Vetro, whose assistance in mastering the Glory Days crooner’s voice played a crucial role.

“He helped Austin [Butler] with the Elvis movie, he helped Timothée Chalamet with the [Bob] Dylan movie, he’s kind of the go-to, and he works with a lot of vocalists and real singers and performers,” White quipped.

Despite constant coaching from Vetro, he admitted “the singing was a gamble” and the phrasing on the 1982 record Nebraska was hard to get right.

“I remember Bruce was great the first time he heard one of my pre-records ’cause he was like, ‘You sound like me, but you’re singing the song, you’re making the song your own. You’ve got your connection to the song.’ And I think once he gave me that permission, not just with the music, but in a sense the entirety of the film, I feel like that released me a little bit from the anxiety,” Jeremy Allen White recalled.

It is pertinent to mention that Springsteen: Deliver Me From Nowhere is scheduled to be released on October 24, 2025.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending