Connect with us

Entertainment

Beijing taking bilateral ties with Islamabad to ‘new heights’, says Chinese FM

Published

on

Beijing taking bilateral ties with Islamabad to ‘new heights’, says Chinese FM


Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi hold a joint press conference in Islamabad on August 21, 2025. — X/@ForeignOfficePk
  • Wang Yi pledges deeper Pakistan-China strategic ties.
  • Ishaq Dar and Wang Yi review CPEC second phase.
  • Strategic dialogue underscores peace, stability, cooperation.

ISLAMABAD: Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi has said that Beijing is taking its relationship with Islamabad to new heights as he has begun a three-day official visit to Pakistan, highlighting the deepening strategic partnership between the two neighbouring countries.

FM Wang Yi arrived in the federal capital on Wednesday, aimed at strengthening bilateral ties and participating in high-level diplomatic engagements.

He was warmly received at Nur Khan Airbase by Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar. Senior officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as well as top diplomats from the Chinese Embassy in Islamabad, were also present to welcome the distinguished guest, a statement issued by the DPM’s Office said.

In a vibrant cultural gesture, a group of children dressed in traditional Pakistani attire greeted Minister Wang with flowers, symbolising the deep-rooted friendship between the two nations.

During a joint press conference, Dar said that the two sides had held a productive discussion covering all dimensions of bilateral ties, including the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

He added that Pakistan is determined to advance CPEC’s second phase, enhance people-to-people exchanges, and deepen cooperation, adding that the two countries enjoyed consensus on all major matters.

Dar further said Islamabad valued China’s role in safeguarding Pakistan’s sovereignty and stressed that both nations were committed to working together for regional peace, stability and prosperity. He also added that Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s upcoming visit to Beijing had been part of the discussions.

Wang Yi said that the strategic partnership between Pakistan and China was continuing to strengthen. He underlined that detailed discussions had been held on CPEC’s second phase, reiterating that China regarded Pakistan as a trusted ally. He stressed that regional peace and stability were shared objectives for both countries.

During the visit, the two sides will discuss the entire gamut of bilateral relations. The dialogue serves as a key platform for both countries to review bilateral cooperation, regional developments, and global issues of mutual interest.

The strategic dialogue will be co-chaired by Wang Yi and Ishaq Dar, further reflecting the close coordination between the two countries.

According to an earlier Foreign Ministry statement, the visit forms part of regular high-level exchanges aimed at further strengthening the “All-Weather Strategic Cooperative Partnership” between Pakistan and China.

The dialogue will reaffirm mutual support on each other’s core interests, enhance economic and trade cooperation, and underline both countries’ commitment to regional peace, development, and stability.

According to The News, Wang Yi’s engagements will include meetings with Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Senator Mohammad Ishaq Dar and Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, with a focus on China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) progress, economic collaboration, regional security, and defence ties.

The Chinese foreign minister is also expected to meet Chief of Army Staff Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir in Rawalpindi.

This is Wang Yi’s first visit to Pakistan since India’s cross-border aggression in May last year and comes weeks after his meeting with Field Marshal Munir in Beijing, a development seen as reinforcing the “ironclad” relationship between Islamabad and Beijing.


— With additional input from Radio Pakistan





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Why did famous director decline to make ‘Terminator 3’?

Published

on

Why did famous director decline to make ‘Terminator 3’?


Ridley Scott claims to refuse big ‘Terminator 3’ offer

Jonathan Mostow served as the director of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, but before him, Ridley Scott was supposedly offered to helm.

According to the director’s claim, the studio put a hefty $20 million on the table for him to direct it, which was equivalent to Arnold Schwarzenger’s fees at the time, who was one of the highest-paid actors.

However, the Alien filmmaker, in a recent interview with The Guardian, stated that he declined the offer. 

“I can’t be bought,” he said, admitting to being surprised the studio offered him the fee, which he asked was what the franchise’s lead star was getting. “I thought: ‘**** me.’ But I couldn’t do it. It’s not my thing.”

Ridley Scott
Ridley Scott

However, passing down on the offer also had to do with his filming style, which he described by giving an example of a James Bond movie. 

“The essence of a Bond movie is fun and camp. Terminator is pure comic strip,” he said. “I would try to make it real,” he shared.

“That’s why they’ve never asked me to do a Bond movie, because I would **** it up,” the director said.

Ridley, at the end, confirmed that he is working on a third film in the Gladiator series.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sabrina Carpenter hoping to make her dream come true: Source

Published

on

Sabrina Carpenter hoping to make her dream come true: Source


Photo: Sabrina Carpenter eagerly waiting for her big screen moment: Source

Sabrina Carpenter reportedly is eyeing a role in the next Mamma Mia movie.

According to Star Magazine, the 26-year-old pop sensation, secretly has been hoping to join the hit ABBA-inspired franchise. 

“Sabrina’s been obsessed with ABBA since she was a little girl,” tipped a source. 

They went on to address, “So it’s no exaggeration to say this would be a dream come true for her.” 

For those unversed, The Espresso hitmaker has already brought her ABBA love to the stage, performing classics such as Dancing Queen during her set while opening for Taylor Swift on the Eras Tour.

However, the insider noted that while Carpenter “really wants” the part, she’s managing her expectations. 

“She’s trying not to get ahead of herself. She’s trusting that if it’s meant for her, it will happen.”

Whether or not she lands Mamma Mia, Hollywood seems ready to give Carpenter her big-screen moment. 

“She’s definitely going to be on the big screen soon because Hollywood is very interested,” the source added. 

“She’s already proven she can act, but she’s not resting on her laurels; she’s been studying with a great coach.”

Producer Judy Craymer even weighed in on the idea, telling Deadline in May that Carpenter “would be a goddess or some relation who would look very much like Meryl Streep” if she were to join the beloved franchise.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Matthew Rhys opens up about his struggle for ‘The Beast in Me’

Published

on

Matthew Rhys opens up about his struggle for ‘The Beast in Me’


Matthew Rhys shares how he fought to be cast in ‘The Beast in Me’

Matthew Rhys recently revealed he had to convince The Beast in Me team that he could pull off being creepy.

In a talk with Entertainment Weekly, the 50-year-old Welsh actor admitted when he read the script of Netflix’s show, The Beast in Me, he thought the role of Nile Jarvis, a real estate tycoon suspected of killing his wife, was out of his reach.

Sharing his thoughts, Rhys said, “I read it and I was like, ‘I won’t get this. People don’t come to me for this.’ I have these Celtic eyes. I do downtrodden well, I don’t do megalomaniac or sociopath.”

Moreover, the show’s creator, Howard Gordon, went on to offer his thoughts on The Edge of Love star’s audition, noting he could not get a chance to depict a role of sociopath or megalomaniac before.

“He brought something else to it. He’s so charming and funny and charismatic. But he is scary,” Gordon confessed.

“I had to persuade them that I can be creepy,” Rhys quipped and added with a joke that he ‘parked outside’ cast member Claire Danes’ residence to prove his point, saying, “That seemed to do it.”

For the unversed, in The Beast in Me, Danes plays Aggie Wiggs, an author who cannot write after her young son’s death. When Nile moves in next door and wants a running path, Wiggs argues with him, until she thinks he might be the “perfect subject” for her next book.

It is pertinent to mention that The Beast in Me is slated to be released on November 13, 2025.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending