Connect with us

Entertainment

Field Marshal Munir made no remarks on PTI, politics in Brussels: DG ISPR

Published

on

Field Marshal Munir made no remarks on PTI, politics in Brussels: DG ISPR


Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir addresses NDU’s graduating officers of the National Security and War Course at NDU on July 7, 2025. — ISPR
  • DG ISPR stresses accountability of May 9 facilitators, planners.
  • Says the May 9 issue relates to whole nation, not just army.
  • Urges need for implementation of 2014 National Action Plan.

RAWALPINDI: Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (DG ISPR) Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry on Thursday categorically refuted media reports claiming certain political comments made by Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Field Marshal Asim Munir in Brussels.

“The army chief made no political comments in Brussels and made no remark about the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI),” Lt Gen Chaudhry said while speaking to the media at an event.

Stressing that COAS Munir did not give any interview, the military spokesperson clarified that the Field Marshal also did not mention any “apology”.

His clarification comes in response to last week’s media reports, which claimed that the army chief had said that “political reconciliation was only possible via genuine apologies from all parties concerned”.

Reiterating the military’s stance on the May 9 riots — triggered after the arrest of PTI founding-chairman Imran Khan, which saw military and state installations being vandalised by mobs — the top army’s spokesperson said that those behind the incident and their facilitators and planners should be held accountable as per the law.

“May 9 [issue] is not just a matter of the army but that of the nation,” Lt Gen Chaudhry said, adding, “A person who commits an illegal act will have to face the law and the criminal charges.”

Army filling governance gaps with blood

Furthermore, expressing his views, the ISPR chief said that Pakistan is a country capable of changing the region’s fate, and that is why it comes under attack frequently.

“Youth should understand the legacy and history of their ideological state,” he said.

Reflecting on the recent armed conflict with India, he said that the neighbouring country thought that it would discredit the Pakistan Army via its attack, however, everything turned out to be different.

“When Pakistan and the Pakistani Army gave a strong response, India failed in all its plans, including proxies…. The world saw that Pakistan fought the enemy on every front,” he added.

On the issue of terrorism, Lt Gen Chaudhry stressed the need for the implementation of the 2014 National Action Plan for lasting peace.

“Only the first point of the National Action Plan is being fully implemented. The other 13 points are also necessary to fill the governance gap,” he said.

“The army, police and the law enforcement agencies (LEAs) are filling the governance gaps by [paying with] their blood on a daily basis,” he lamented.

“If we expel illegal Afghans involved in crimes, some political and criminal figures in our own country will start having problems,” the military spokesperson said on the issue of the expulsion of people living illegally in Pakistan.





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Why did famous director decline to make ‘Terminator 3’?

Published

on

Why did famous director decline to make ‘Terminator 3’?


Ridley Scott claims to refuse big ‘Terminator 3’ offer

Jonathan Mostow served as the director of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, but before him, Ridley Scott was supposedly offered to helm.

According to the director’s claim, the studio put a hefty $20 million on the table for him to direct it, which was equivalent to Arnold Schwarzenger’s fees at the time, who was one of the highest-paid actors.

However, the Alien filmmaker, in a recent interview with The Guardian, stated that he declined the offer. 

“I can’t be bought,” he said, admitting to being surprised the studio offered him the fee, which he asked was what the franchise’s lead star was getting. “I thought: ‘**** me.’ But I couldn’t do it. It’s not my thing.”

Ridley Scott
Ridley Scott

However, passing down on the offer also had to do with his filming style, which he described by giving an example of a James Bond movie. 

“The essence of a Bond movie is fun and camp. Terminator is pure comic strip,” he said. “I would try to make it real,” he shared.

“That’s why they’ve never asked me to do a Bond movie, because I would **** it up,” the director said.

Ridley, at the end, confirmed that he is working on a third film in the Gladiator series.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sabrina Carpenter hoping to make her dream come true: Source

Published

on

Sabrina Carpenter hoping to make her dream come true: Source


Photo: Sabrina Carpenter eagerly waiting for her big screen moment: Source

Sabrina Carpenter reportedly is eyeing a role in the next Mamma Mia movie.

According to Star Magazine, the 26-year-old pop sensation, secretly has been hoping to join the hit ABBA-inspired franchise. 

“Sabrina’s been obsessed with ABBA since she was a little girl,” tipped a source. 

They went on to address, “So it’s no exaggeration to say this would be a dream come true for her.” 

For those unversed, The Espresso hitmaker has already brought her ABBA love to the stage, performing classics such as Dancing Queen during her set while opening for Taylor Swift on the Eras Tour.

However, the insider noted that while Carpenter “really wants” the part, she’s managing her expectations. 

“She’s trying not to get ahead of herself. She’s trusting that if it’s meant for her, it will happen.”

Whether or not she lands Mamma Mia, Hollywood seems ready to give Carpenter her big-screen moment. 

“She’s definitely going to be on the big screen soon because Hollywood is very interested,” the source added. 

“She’s already proven she can act, but she’s not resting on her laurels; she’s been studying with a great coach.”

Producer Judy Craymer even weighed in on the idea, telling Deadline in May that Carpenter “would be a goddess or some relation who would look very much like Meryl Streep” if she were to join the beloved franchise.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Matthew Rhys opens up about his struggle for ‘The Beast in Me’

Published

on

Matthew Rhys opens up about his struggle for ‘The Beast in Me’


Matthew Rhys shares how he fought to be cast in ‘The Beast in Me’

Matthew Rhys recently revealed he had to convince The Beast in Me team that he could pull off being creepy.

In a talk with Entertainment Weekly, the 50-year-old Welsh actor admitted when he read the script of Netflix’s show, The Beast in Me, he thought the role of Nile Jarvis, a real estate tycoon suspected of killing his wife, was out of his reach.

Sharing his thoughts, Rhys said, “I read it and I was like, ‘I won’t get this. People don’t come to me for this.’ I have these Celtic eyes. I do downtrodden well, I don’t do megalomaniac or sociopath.”

Moreover, the show’s creator, Howard Gordon, went on to offer his thoughts on The Edge of Love star’s audition, noting he could not get a chance to depict a role of sociopath or megalomaniac before.

“He brought something else to it. He’s so charming and funny and charismatic. But he is scary,” Gordon confessed.

“I had to persuade them that I can be creepy,” Rhys quipped and added with a joke that he ‘parked outside’ cast member Claire Danes’ residence to prove his point, saying, “That seemed to do it.”

For the unversed, in The Beast in Me, Danes plays Aggie Wiggs, an author who cannot write after her young son’s death. When Nile moves in next door and wants a running path, Wiggs argues with him, until she thinks he might be the “perfect subject” for her next book.

It is pertinent to mention that The Beast in Me is slated to be released on November 13, 2025.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending