Connect with us

Business

OpenAI Bets Big On Personal Agents, Hires OpenClaw Creator Peter Steinberger

Published

on

OpenAI Bets Big On Personal Agents, Hires OpenClaw Creator Peter Steinberger


Last Updated:

Sam Altman announces Peter Steinberger, creator of OpenClaw, will join OpenAI to advance personal agents. OpenClaw will remain open source.

Peter Steinberger Joins OpenAI as Personal AI Agents Become Core Focus

Peter Steinberger Joins OpenAI as Personal AI Agents Become Core Focus

OpenAI founder Sam Altman has announced that Peter Steinberger, the creator of OpenClaw, will be joining the AI research firm to drive the “next generation of personal agents”. Altman called Steinberger a ‘genius with a lot of amazing ideas about the future of very smart agents interacting with each other to do very useful things for people’.

Altman in the X post said that the company is expecting to make personal agents core to their product offerings.

OpenClaw aka Moltbot- the open-source autonomous AI bots that can perform various tasks on a local device while also connecting with a language model – has gone viral recently. Earlier, it was known as Clawdbot.

OpenClaw is designed to perform real-world tasks on behalf of users, such as managing calendars, messaging, browsing and other actions that go beyond simple chatbot responses.

Altman said that OpenAI will continue to support OpenClaw as an open source project. ” The future is going to be extremely multi-agent and it’s important to us to support open source as part of that,” Altman added.

Screenshots of AI bots interacting to each other have gone viral recently on social platform, attracting eyeballs and raising doubts over the dystopian future.

Click here to add News18 as your preferred news source on Google.

Follow News18 on Google. Join the fun, play games on News18. Stay updated with all the latest business news, including market trends, stock updates, tax, IPO, banking finance, real estate, savings and investments. To Get in-depth analysis, expert opinions, and real-time updates. Also Download the News18 App to stay updated.
News business economy OpenAI Bets Big On Personal Agents, Hires OpenClaw Creator Peter Steinberger
Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Read More





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Business

Meta settles social media addiction case with US school district

Published

on

Meta settles social media addiction case with US school district



The trial had been set as a test case for 1200 other school districts making similar claims.



Source link

Continue Reading

Business

Full list of Quiz stores to close in UK as fashion retailer falls into administration

Published

on

Full list of Quiz stores to close in UK as fashion retailer falls into administration


Fashion retailer Quiz is set to close its remaining 37 stores by the end of June, administrators have confirmed.

The high street chain appointed Interpath in February after a “tough start” to 2026.

Insolvency specialists announced on Thursday that a closure plan for its final outlets will be implemented over the coming weeks.

Three other stores, in Castlecourt, Belfast, Leeds, and Romford, recently shut permanently.

The precise timing for these remaining closures, and the number of staff affected, is yet to be confirmed.

Over 100 head office and warehouse jobs were put at risk when Quiz first entered administration.

It is the second time Quiz had fallen into administration in just over a year, having collapsed in February 2025 before immediately being bought in a so-called pre-pack deal by a subsidiary of the founding Ramzan family.

Quiz concessions in New Look and Matalan stores in the UK are not included in the administration and remain unaffected.

Remaining stock is being delivered to its stores, with heavy discounts of at least 60% as administrators seek to sell off as much as possible to help pay the collapsed firm’s outstanding debts.

It is the second time Quiz had fallen into administration in just over a year (Quiz/PA)

Alistair McAlinden, head of Interpath in Scotland and joint administrator, said: “As we head into the May bank holiday weekend, we would encourage shoppers to visit their local store as we commence our final closing down sale.”

Geoff Jacobs, managing director at Interpath and fellow joint administrator, said: “We’d once again like to say a huge thank you to Quiz staff who have shown such dedication and professionalism under difficult circumstances.”

Here are the locations of the stores facing closure:

-Aberdeen, Scotland

-Basingstoke, Hampshire

-Bracknell, Berkshire

-Cardiff, Wales

-Carlisle, Cumbria

-Castleford, West Yorkshire

-Clydebank, Scotland

-Craigavon, Northern Ireland

-Derby, Derbyshire

-Dunfermline, Scotland

-Eastbourne, East Sussex

-Gateshead Metro, Tyne and Wear

-Glasgow Braehead, Scotland

-Glasgow Buchanan Galleries, Scotland

-Glasgow Fort, Scotland

-Glasgow St Enoch, Scotland

-Hanley, Staffordshire

-Hull, East Yorkshire

-Inverness, Scotland

-Irvine, Scotland

-Leicester, Leicestershire

-Livingston, Scotland

-Manchester Arndale, Greater Manchester

-Manchester Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester

-Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

-Merryhill, West Midlands

-Newry, Northern Ireland

-Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland

-Northampton, Northamptonshire

-Norwich, Norfolk

-Portsmouth, Hampshire

-Sheffield Meadowhall, South Yorkshire

-Stirling, Scotland

-Telford, Shropshire

-Thurrock Lakeside, Essex

-Warrington, Cheshire

-Watford, Hertfordshire



Source link

Continue Reading

Business

Trump administration says new EPA rules will save you money at the supermarket. It’s not clear they will

Published

on

Trump administration says new EPA rules will save you money at the supermarket. It’s not clear they will


U.S. President Donald Trump speaks during an announcement with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Lee Zeldin (not pictured) in the Oval Office at the White House, in Washington, D.C., U.S., May 21, 2026.

Kevin Lamarque | Reuters

President Donald Trump announced on Thursday a delay to two Biden-era EPA refrigerant rules, arguing the move will cut costs for companies and save consumers money at the grocery store.

The administration estimated that American families and businesses will save more than $2.4 billion under the new rules.

“Our actions allow businesses to choose the refrigeration systems that work best for them, saving them billions of dollars,” said EPA Administrator Lee Zeldin in a statement.

He added, “This will be felt directly by American families in lower grocery prices.”

But it was unclear Thursday whether or how companies like grocers would use those savings to make it more affordable for shoppers to fill their carts. The changes would not require grocers to take any steps to cut prices at a time when many households see their budgets stretched by soaring gas prices and years of elevated inflation.

The rules target hydrofluorocarbons, or HFCs, potent greenhouse gases commonly used in refrigeration and air conditioning systems that are widely accepted as contributors to global warming. Under the Biden administration, the EPA in 2023 finalized regulations aimed at cutting leaks and emissions from those systems, affecting industries ranging from grocery stores and food distribution to semiconductor manufacturing.

Now, the EPA is delaying compliance by revising the 2023 rule and another regulation from 2024.

The administration’s messaging appears aimed squarely at inflation-weary consumers, especially as food prices remain politically sensitive ahead of the midterm elections this fall. Grocery retailers rely heavily on refrigeration infrastructure, and compliance with the EPA rules would have required upgrades, leak detection systems and new refrigerants in some cases.

At the time the rules were put in place, the EPA argued they would ultimately save businesses and consumers $4.5 billion over time through energy efficiency and lower-cost refrigerants. Grocery and food industry groups warned the transition could cost the industry billions in upfront equipment and compliance expenses.

Large chains such as Walmart, Kroger, and Costco have already been investing in “natural refrigerant” systems for years, so the biggest operators were generally better positioned to absorb the transition. Smaller regional grocers and independent stores may feel the cost burden more acutely.

“An orderly transition of equipment reduces both capital costs and operating costs, and at the end of the day that’s good for consumers because we’re able to take that and put that into lowering prices,” said Kroger CEO Greg Foran at an event at the White House.

Still, it remains unclear how grocers would pass on cost savings to consumers. When asked at the signing, Foran said the company is “right in the middle” of passing savings on to the consumer and making sure they’re “paying the right price.”

Earlier Thursday before Trump’s policy announcement, Bloomberg News reported that Foran planned price cuts at Kroger to allow the grocer to better compete with Walmart and Costco.

Food inflation is driven by a wide range of factors, including labor, transportation, feed costs and commodity prices, and some of those expenses have risen in recent months due to the war in Iran. Refrigeration compliance costs represent a small slice of overall grocery operating expenses.

Choose CNBC as your preferred source on Google and never miss a moment from the most trusted name in business news.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending