Entertainment
Indie records which cannot be ignored
We have listened to the chart-topping albums released in 2025 and given them their due recognition, but it’s important not to move on from the year without listening to the ones that stayed underrated.
The debut album of the band, Finneas and Ashe formed after collaborating in their solo musical careers. The musicians shared in their interviews that they had been working on the album for years, all while keeping it a secret, and it sure sounded like years’ worth of work.
- Ego Death at a Bachelorette Party by Hayley Williams
Paramore’s lead musician, Hayley Williams, released her solo album by surprise and blew fans away with the evocative lyricism and the classic Paramore vocals.
- From the Pyre by The Last Dinner Party
The British rock band released their second studio album this year, which offered the same powerful vocals as their debut, as well as the all-girl band’s imaginative lyrics.
- Forever is a Feeling by Lucy Dacus
Boygenius’ Lucy Dacus released her fourth studio album this year, which was much-awaited by fans after the release of her singles. The album featured a duet with Hozier, Bullseye, which became a special favourite among listeners.
- Kansas Anymore (The Longest Goodbye) by Role Model
Role Model, aka Tucker Pillsbury, released the deluxe version of his 2024 album Kansas Anymore, with four bonus tracks, including Sally, When the Wine Runs Out, which became a cultural moment this year as he invited many celebrities as “Sally” during the tour set.
- Who’s The Clown by Audrey Hobbert
Audrey Hobbert, who has famously worked as Gracie Abrams’ lyricist, released her debut album this year and caused a stir in the industry, going on to perform several live performances and building an organic fandom within a span of a few months.
Addison Rae released her debut self-titled album this year, which became an instant hit among fans and earned her a Grammy nomination for the best new artist award.
Entertainment
New subscribers to pay more starting May 20
Sony has confirmed a price hike for its PlayStation Plus subscription service.
Effective May 20, new subscribers in selected regions will pay higher rates for the one-month and three-month plans.
The charges have increased from $10 to $ 10.90, while the three-month subscription has increased from $25 to $27.99.
The cost increase will mainly impact the Essential subscription package, which is the base subscription package needed to play online multiplayer games on PS4 and PS5 consoles.
Whether the other packages, like the Extra and Premium packages, will see an increase is yet to be seen. Sony has not commented on this development yet.
Current subscribers do not have to pay more unless they upgrade their subscription tier. However, subscribers in Turkey and India will see immediate increases irrespective of their status.
Indeed, the growth comes just six months ahead of the scheduled launch of Grand Theft Auto VI, a game that will certainly bring millions of new gamers to the world of online gaming, all requiring PlayStation Plus subscriptions in order to play GTA Online.
Entertainment
India will become history if it attempts any future misadventure, warns defence czar
- India’s geography will be changed if it attempts misadventure: Asif.
- Says New Delhi now facing embarrassment on foreign fronts.
- Pakistan achieved “highly reputable status” in region: defence czar.
Defence Minister Khawaja Asif on Monday warned that India would become part of history and its geography would be changed if it attempts any future misadventure against Pakistan.
The defence minister made the hard-hitting remarks during Geo News programme “Capital Talk” in the backdrop of the recent provocative statement by Indian Army Chief General Upendra Dwivedi.
Taking exception to the Indian army chief’s recent provocative remarks, the defence czar said that Gen Dwivedi was trying to “regain his lost respect” after the humiliating defeat in the 19-day military conflict, spanning from April 22 to May 10, 2025.
In response to the Indian aggression, Pakistan’s armed forces launched a large-scale retaliatory military action, named “Operation Bunyan-um-Marsoos”, and targeted several Indian military targets across multiple regions.
Pakistan downed eight Indian fighter jets, including Rafales, and dozens of drones. After at least 87 hours, the war between the two nuclear-armed nations ended on May 10 with a ceasefire agreement brokered by the US.
“As a nation, India thinks that its esteem has been damaged,” said Asif.
The minister said that New Delhi is now facing embarrassment on the foreign fronts, adding that Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka, which India had considered its “extension,” did not enjoy the same relationship with it as before.
On the other hand, he said that Pakistan achieved “a highly reputable status” in the region, adding that it is difficult for New Delhi to digest it.
When asked about a possible nexus between India and Israel against Pakistan, the minister said that Tel Aviv doesn’t want anyone more powerful in this region other than its partner, India.
He maintained that there could be a resemblance in the objectives of India and Israel.
To another question, the minister said that there is a division between India’s military and civilian leadership.
He was referring to contradictory statements made by the Indian army chief and RSS General Secretary Dattatreya Hosabale.
Last week, RSS General Secretary Dattatreya Hosabale, considered the organisation’s second-most senior leader, had said that India should continue diplomatic engagement with Pakistan.
To another query, the minister said that the Indus Waters Treaty had been functioning successfully for the past 66 years, adding that it was one of the oldest agreements and contains a mechanism for resolving disputes.
He also welcomed a new ruling from the Court of Arbitration under the Indus Waters Treaty (IWT), saying that the verdict was in favour of Pakistan.
The Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) in the Hague had upheld its earlier award supporting the continued validity of the IWT, ruling that India could not unilaterally suspend the agreement.
Entertainment
Thomas Massie faces Trump-backed challenger in GOP primary: Can he win?
Can GOP Representative Thomas Massie pull out a win in one of the most challenging primaries of his political career as he is takes on President Donald Trump’s fury alongside the president-backed opponent?
Rep. Massie, who has been a constant thorn in the side of Republican leaders for highlighting the issues that other politicians usually want buried, is all set to contest in GOP primaries in Kentucky’s 4th Congressional District on Tuesday, May 19, 2026.
He has represented Kentucky’s 4th Congressional District in the House for eight terms.
Massie has openly expressed opposition to the U.S. war against Iran and repeatedly highlighted the Epstein files issue, prompting President Trump to handpick his opponent in a bid to unseat the GOP politician.
The 55-year-old politician will contest the elections against former Navy SEAL and fifth-generation farmer, Ed Gallrein, in the most expensive House primary in history in terms of ad spending.
According to AdlImpact, the ad spending in the primaries has crossed a whopping $32 million, most donated and spent by Pro-Trump and Pro-Israel organisations for negative ads against Massie, reports NBC News.
In an interview with the outlet, Massie said, “People aren’t going to be voting for me or voting for him on election day. They are either going to be voting for me or voting against me.”
-
Entertainment6 days agoConan O’Brien hat tricks as Oscar host
-
Tech1 week agoCould Contact-Tracing Apps Help With the Hantavirus? Not Really
-
Fashion5 days agoItaly’s Zegna Group’s Q1 growth boosted by strong organic performance
-
Entertainment1 week agoMartin Short: Facing tragedy with joy
-
Entertainment1 week agoTom Brady gets back at Kevin Hart during Netflix roast
-
Sports1 week agoJacob Fatu unleashes vicious assault on Roman Reigns after World Heavyweight Championship loss at WWE Backlash
-
Entertainment1 week agoMartha Stewart: How to make an omelet
-
Tech1 week agoPapa Johns Is Getting Into Drone Delivery—but Not for Pizza
