Connect with us

Entertainment

South Africa confirmed as venue for 44 of 54 ODI games

Published

on

South Africa confirmed as venue for 44 of 54 ODI games


South Africa’s players celebrate victory after the first one-day international (ODI) cricket match between Australia and South Africa at Cazaly’s Stadium in Cairns on August 19, 2025. — AFP/File 

JOHANNESBURG: Cricket South Africa on Thursday announced a local organising committee for the 2027 50-over Cricket World Cup — and revealed that 44 of the 54 matches will be played at eight venues in South Africa.

The remaining 10 matches will be played in Zimbabwe and Namibia.

It will be the first men’s Cricket World Cup in Africa since the 2003 version was staged in South Africa, Zimbabwe and Kenya.

South Africa has hosted two Women’s World Cups since then – the 2005 50-over competition and the 2023 T20 World Cup, when the Proteas lost to Australia in the final.

Former South African finance minister Trevor Manuel will head the local organising committee.

In a statement, CSA said matches in South Africa will be played in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban, Gqeberha, Bloemfontein, East London and Paarl.

CSA chairperson Pearl Maphoshe said: “CSA’s vision is to stage a global, inspiring event which will reflect the face of South Africa — diverse, inclusive, and united.”





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

YouTube and Fox end row, strike deal to keep channels on air

Published

on

YouTube and Fox end row, strike deal to keep channels on air


A picture taken in Toulouse shows the logo of Youtube social media displayed by a tablet and a smartphone October 5, 2021. — AFP

Alphabet-owned YouTube and Fox said on Thursday they have reached an agreement that will keep Fox News, Fox Sports and other Fox channels available to YouTube TV subscribers.

The companies did not disclose the financial terms of the agreement.

Earlier this week YouTube had been in negotiations with Fox, with the media company asking for payments above those received by partners providing comparable content.

On Wednesday, YouTube said it reached a short-term agreement with Fox that would buy time for the parties to reach a new distribution deal.

In February, YouTube TV reached a deal with media giant Paramount Global to keep channels like CBS, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon available, after failed negotiations for a new contract had briefly left the future of the streaming partnership in limbo.

The carriage dispute caught the attention of Federal Communications Commission Chairman Brendan Carr, who said that the company removing Fox channels from YouTube TV would be “a terrible outcome”.

“Millions of Americans are relying on YouTube to resolve this dispute so they can keep watching the news and sports they want — including this week’s Big Game: Texas @ Ohio State,” Carr wrote on Tuesday on the social media platform X. “Get a deal done Google!”





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Why did famous director decline to make ‘Terminator 3’?

Published

on

Why did famous director decline to make ‘Terminator 3’?


Ridley Scott claims to refuse big ‘Terminator 3’ offer

Jonathan Mostow served as the director of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, but before him, Ridley Scott was supposedly offered to helm.

According to the director’s claim, the studio put a hefty $20 million on the table for him to direct it, which was equivalent to Arnold Schwarzenger’s fees at the time, who was one of the highest-paid actors.

However, the Alien filmmaker, in a recent interview with The Guardian, stated that he declined the offer. 

“I can’t be bought,” he said, admitting to being surprised the studio offered him the fee, which he asked was what the franchise’s lead star was getting. “I thought: ‘**** me.’ But I couldn’t do it. It’s not my thing.”

Ridley Scott
Ridley Scott

However, passing down on the offer also had to do with his filming style, which he described by giving an example of a James Bond movie. 

“The essence of a Bond movie is fun and camp. Terminator is pure comic strip,” he said. “I would try to make it real,” he shared.

“That’s why they’ve never asked me to do a Bond movie, because I would **** it up,” the director said.

Ridley, at the end, confirmed that he is working on a third film in the Gladiator series.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sabrina Carpenter hoping to make her dream come true: Source

Published

on

Sabrina Carpenter hoping to make her dream come true: Source


Photo: Sabrina Carpenter eagerly waiting for her big screen moment: Source

Sabrina Carpenter reportedly is eyeing a role in the next Mamma Mia movie.

According to Star Magazine, the 26-year-old pop sensation, secretly has been hoping to join the hit ABBA-inspired franchise. 

“Sabrina’s been obsessed with ABBA since she was a little girl,” tipped a source. 

They went on to address, “So it’s no exaggeration to say this would be a dream come true for her.” 

For those unversed, The Espresso hitmaker has already brought her ABBA love to the stage, performing classics such as Dancing Queen during her set while opening for Taylor Swift on the Eras Tour.

However, the insider noted that while Carpenter “really wants” the part, she’s managing her expectations. 

“She’s trying not to get ahead of herself. She’s trusting that if it’s meant for her, it will happen.”

Whether or not she lands Mamma Mia, Hollywood seems ready to give Carpenter her big-screen moment. 

“She’s definitely going to be on the big screen soon because Hollywood is very interested,” the source added. 

“She’s already proven she can act, but she’s not resting on her laurels; she’s been studying with a great coach.”

Producer Judy Craymer even weighed in on the idea, telling Deadline in May that Carpenter “would be a goddess or some relation who would look very much like Meryl Streep” if she were to join the beloved franchise.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending